Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #1

Dinette vs booth

Another perplexing decision:

We are looking for opinions on having a coach with a dinette/computer station with the loose chairs vs a nice cozy booth with storage underneath booth.
gamechanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamechanger View Post
Another perplexing decision:

We are looking for opinions on having a coach with a dinette/computer station with the loose chairs vs a nice cozy booth with storage underneath booth.
We have had both. Ordered one with a booth and ended up having it taken out. Bottom line is we like the table and chair option the best. It worked for us better. I guess it depends on how many people you need to seat. It is just two of us most of the time so again, the table has my vote.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #3

Definitely up to you but we prefer the coziness of the booth. DW uses the booth table for her laptop and I use a portable laptop table while on the couch or captain's chair
Old 01-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
X 2 on table. We do have the two folding chairs in the closet wasting space. Dinner for two at the table is great. More than 2 we usually end up at the picnic table - folding tables out - chairs and side tables. Would toss the folding chairs - but keep em around for for next owner.

Again - if you have people routinely to put in a dinette, then they make sense. Otherwise the table and 2 chairs works for us.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #5

We have had both. The booth is more practical, the dinette gives a more open feel to the coach. There's really not that much difference in storage. We chose the dinette for this coach mainly because it makes the coach look more open and not as crowded even though it takes up the same amount of space.
I can't recommend one over the other as different people have different taste. What works for me may not work for so emote else.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #6

We've had both. Booth in our first coach, table and chairs now. We much prefer the table and chairs. Booth was uncomfortable and confining.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #7

We prefer the table. It came with 4 upholstered chairs and is much more comfortable seating than the dinette we used to have
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
When you go to a diner... Do you prefer to sit in a booth or at a table? I prefer a booth. Seats 4. No chairs to stow or fly around or break. Cozy. A booth is more cushy too. If you are overly large or have knee problems, a booth may become an issue or be considered confining...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Our last MH had a dinette. Not the most comfortable and many MH manufactures put one of the chairs right up agianst a wall or refrigerator making one side very hard to get in and out of. The new MH we ordered with a booth for the reasons you described.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We like the dinette with chairs. We store two folding chairs in the bottom of the closet with extra leaf for the table. Since we don't have slides, it is nice for two and cozy for 4 but doable. Dinette gives us flexibility that a fixed booth does not.

As my insurance agent says: his motorhome sleeps two, feeds four, and parties whoever is outside.
zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
When you go to a diner... Do you prefer to sit in a booth or at a table? I prefer a booth. Seats 4. No chairs to stow or fly around or break. Cozy. A booth is more cushy too. If you are overly large or have knee problems, a booth may become an issue or be considered confining...
Old 01-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG
The Velcro loops that go around the legs of our dining chairs have been reliable. Never had a chair fly around but I guess it could happen.

Funny you mention going out. I do prefer a booth in a restaurant - but dinette in the coach. Have to ponder that one. Maybe it has to do with the time spent at the table. Cushy booth and hanging around the restaurant - vs having dinner and moving on to other things - inside or out when on the road? Hmmm.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
We have had both,the table w/4 chair first,and the booth now.we like the booth much more,seems like a lots more room plus you have an extra bed if needed.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #14

Nor'easters Club
We have the table & chairs. DW prefers the table and I prefer the booth even though I am very tall. Just feels more comfy. Storage under benches is a plus and we always seem to have something stored under the table that has to be moved before we can use the table.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote