Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2019, 06:53 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainewolf View Post
why do you say hope it is a joke? no joke if you have internet it works and i have used it for 5 + years just putting another option out there works like most streaming services do???
I think he was talking about “good WiFi” in a CG is a joke
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2019, 07:12 AM   #86

If it is set up for direct TV and your reserver has a card in it then it will work however if more than 300 mi from home address you will probably not have local channels
ghall7876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:04 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr44 View Post
How many people are having trouble with direct tv ? Ours keeps going on and off. I here it is a new problem with ATT
Ours has been perfect. AZ to FL, back. No issues.
botiemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #88

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
How many people are having trouble with direct tv ? Ours keeps going on and off. I here it is a new problem with ATT
Lots of good info from everyone. I’m not sure what kind of receiver or antenna jlr44 has so this may not help.

We have a Directv HR24-200 DVR connected to a Winegard T-4 sat antenna in the MH. We move our DVR from our house bedroom to the MH whenever we go on a trip. It works fine in the MH except that we can’t receive hi-def channels nor the local channels if we are more than a couple of hundred miles from home.

Now connecting the DVR to the T-4 antenna is sometimes a challenge. It often requires a reset of the receiver and always requires going through the DVR antenna setup, occasionally several times. Also the T-4 can take a while to lock on to the satellites, sometimes a ½ hour or more. It stays in the search mode [wiggle mode] before lock-on a lot longer than seems necessary. But once it is set up it works great.

If we were to do it again, we would likely go with Dish. The T-4 can receive hi-def with Dish. Seems like I read that there was a small month by month charge to receive Dish in your MH.

Happy camping.

Dave
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodean56 View Post
I couldn’t agree more with OP frustration with Dirctv. I too have been with them for as long as I can remember but now I have reached a point where they cannot be trusted in anything they promise. We upgraded to the Genie some few years ago and when they took our old equipment I suddenly was charged $150 for the old receiver they claimed I kept. It took a lot of convincing them that I did not have it because their technician took everything and besides what on earth would I want with an old receiver. Then just recently I found that they were charging me for 3 additional receivers that I did not have in my possession. I was with customer service (What a Joke) which I could barely understand and was told that I would receive a refund for those additional receivers for the year that I was charged and still to this day I haven’t received one. I would highly recommend that anyone reading this to take a closer look at their bill to be sure your not being ripped off like I was. Then the last straw was when they cancelled my local NBC network over some sort of contract dispute that Directv says Isn’t their doing. Well I say Bull**** to all their lies.

So after all these years of putting up with it I finally said enough is enough. I cancelled Directv and did what others have done and that is acquiring YouTube TV and I’m actually pretty impressed with their programming. 70+ channels and you get your local channels as well for $50 mo with no contract and I’m saving about $120 mo not having Directv. I’m also getting ready to get rid of my wireless carrier as well, you guessed it AT&T, because they charge me $160 mo. for 6 gigs of data to share between 3 phones. So now I’m making the switch and will finally be rid of AT&T/Directv. I will be so glad not to have to put up with their lies, their customer service agents that cannot be understood very well and their non caring attitude to put their customers first. Directv in my opinion is on its way out and I for one will not be too disappointed. Good Luck in surviving.
Been thru all that and more! What wireless service are you switching to?
meemaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:29 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodean56 View Post
I couldn’t agree more with OP frustration with Dirctv. I too have been with them for as long as I can remember but now I have reached a point where they cannot be trusted in anything they promise. We upgraded to the Genie some few years ago and when they took our old equipment I suddenly was charged $150 for the old receiver they claimed I kept. It took a lot of convincing them that I did not have it because their technician took everything and besides what on earth would I want with an old receiver. Then just recently I found that they were charging me for 3 additional receivers that I did not have in my possession. I was with customer service (What a Joke) which I could barely understand and was told that I would receive a refund for those additional receivers for the year that I was charged and still to this day I haven’t received one. I would highly recommend that anyone reading this to take a closer look at their bill to be sure your not being ripped off like I was. Then the last straw was when they cancelled my local NBC network over some sort of contract dispute that Directv says Isn’t their doing. Well I say Bull**** to all their lies.

So after all these years of putting up with it I finally said enough is enough. I cancelled Directv and did what others have done and that is acquiring YouTube TV and I’m actually pretty impressed with their programming. 70+ channels and you get your local channels as well for $50 mo with no contract and I’m saving about $120 mo not having Directv. I’m also getting ready to get rid of my wireless carrier as well, you guessed it AT&T, because they charge me $160 mo. for 6 gigs of data to share between 3 phones. So now I’m making the switch and will finally be rid of AT&T/Directv. I will be so glad not to have to put up with their lies, their customer service agents that cannot be understood very well and their non caring attitude to put their customers first. Directv in my opinion is on its way out and I for one will not be too disappointed. Good Luck in surviving.
What wireless are you switching to?
meemaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #91

Direct tv

Quote:
coud be your receiver is over heating.
BTWHITIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJ View Post
If I take my in home direct box and put it in my motor home will direct work in my motorhome. There is a satilte dish on the roof. New to this but love my shows hopeing to watch in Fla. Any thing i should do or look for.
Thanks Newmar 2005 3910Attachment 252655
You just need to set it for 18” dish. Won’t get HD channels.
sprnt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #93

Texas Boomers Club
Do not upgrade your system else you will not be able to do that after an upgrade.
Jestan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #94

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Never Again

I used to have Direct TV, when I moved I went to DirectTVNow and told them I was moving. I asked them to mail the box to my new address so I could send the equipment back. They sent it to the old address, twice....
I repeatedly called them to get a box sent, they never sent it, directing me to go to a UPS store to send them back.. Closest UPS is an hour away. They made numerous promises to send me a box, then they promised to email a label so I could send it back with our UPS driver, after they took over $300 from my account to pay for the equipment I hadn't returned...because they never sent me the box, I was again promised a box and a refund. Never got either one. They say what you want to hear, just to get you off the phone. I have been dealing with this since mid March. I call them at least once a week. Worse part is, at the moment there is nothing I can do. When my job ends in October and I move back home, where I am sure there are numerous boxes awaiting me, I will try sending it back. hopefully they will give me a refund then?! My advice...DO NOT USE DIRECT TV
riverbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #95

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJ View Post
If I take my in home direct box and put it in my motor home will direct work in my motorhome. There is a satilte dish on the roof. New to this but love my shows hopeing to watch in Fla. Any thing i should do or look for.
Thanks Newmar 2005 3910Attachment 252655
Depends on your receiver I had to buy a new one for my winguard satellite system
m.donatelli6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #96

Freightliner Owners Club
Ever since ATT bought out Directv they've lost thousands if customers and went downhill. Long story short, my company sold and installed great numbers of systems when they first were introduced. After 2 years Directv no longer honored their contracts and screwed hundreds of dealers out of their commissions. I was one of them. I switched to Dish Network and became a dealer for them as well. The folks at Dish speak and understand the English language. I can't say the same for DTV while speaking with "offshore" reps. BTW with Dish you can have one account and enjoy reception in both your home and RV. With DTV you now need 2 accounts.
mollies33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:20 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMule View Post
If the box moves out of the area code for your home it will not work. You have to call Direct TV and give them the area code you are presently in. When you get back home, you have to call again.
Area code...?
lensming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #98

Never had to any problem moving from area code to another and having to call them......you, of course can't receive your local news, but anternia works for that for the area you're in.....biggest problem I see with updating equipment is people mention an RV.....tell them your at your winter or summer home, and send the equipment there....And Amazon is sending me another new meter....called Solid Signal, as they supplied it, and was told they no longer sell the battery paks ......brand new meter, suppose to be the latest, greatest thing.....Solid Signal sucks!
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote