RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #1

Direct TV

How many people are having trouble with direct tv ? Ours keeps going on and off. I here it is a new problem with ATT

jlr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine is running fine...has been

Sbrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #3

working good since June 1st.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #4

Other than loosing local channels ours has worked OK since the last update.
450Donn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:26 AM   #5

If I take my in home direct box and put it in my motor home will direct work in my motorhome. There is a satilte dish on the roof. New to this but love my shows hopeing to watch in Fla. Any thing i should do or look for.
Thanks Newmar 2005 3910Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_101358.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	252655
JimmyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:33 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is working fine the problems start when you call them for help.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:34 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJ View Post
If I take my in home direct box and put it in my motor home will direct work in my motorhome. There is a satilte dish on the roof. New to this but love my shows hopeing to watch in Fla. Any thing i should do or look for.
Thanks Newmar 2005 3910Attachment 252655
Probably. Depends on what kind of dish you have on the RV and what kind of receiver you have.
Sbrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJ View Post
Thanks Newmar 2005 3910Attachment 252655

Earlier response was correct...depends on what type of dish/receiver you have, plus...you likely won't get your local channels (meaning no network programming).

But other programming like History Channel, HGTV, DIY, your movie channels, etc. should work.

But traveling that far outside your local home area - don't count on being able to watch network TV.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr44 View Post
How many people are having trouble with direct tv ? Ours keeps going on and off. I here it is a new problem with ATT
Mine drops out a lot but only on certain channels. TNT ANPL I have changed out every video cable I have, to no avail. I am down to the Directv box.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer View Post
Mine drops out a lot but only on certain channels. TNT ANPL I have changed out every video cable I have, to no avail. I am down to the Directv box.
Try resetting your receiver when in a new location to see if it helps. I had the same problem and it has worked most of the time for me.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:50 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
Try resetting your receiver when in a new location to see if it helps. I had the same problem and it has worked most of the time for me.
Agree. Reset the box and have a system refresh signal sent. A refresh is requested through AT&T’s website. A refresh signal is usually needed when the box has not connected to Directv’s System for a while; several weeks or longer.

After you’re logged in go to AT&T support center, press get help, press troubleshoot and resolve, press refresh equipment. Sometimes after the system refresh I have to reset the box again.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #12

So many problems with DirecTV that they are too numerous to list here. After 12 years of service, I just canceled with them and have a Dish installation scheduled for next week. I am looking forward to a better experience and equipment for less money. Even if it means converting our Winegard Travl'r. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
So many problems with DirecTV that they are too numerous to list here. After 12 years of service, I just canceled with them and have a Dish installation scheduled for next week. I am looking forward to a better experience and equipment for less money. Even if it means converting our Winegard Travl'r. Chuck
Would appreciate an update afterward. Thinking along the same lines myself.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #14

I dumped DirecTV after 10 years. I needed new equipment but they would only ship to my service address. I don't live there any more and if I changed it, I would lose my free DNS.

We picked up a Wally and DVR hard drive for Dish Network. Since I have a DirecTV, King Quest dome, King sells a converter to Dish. It cost $100 but that's less then a new carry out dome.

I bought the equipment, called Dish and had their " Outdoors " service in less then an hour.

It was a bit buggy at first, but I was leaving the receiver on. After 3 calls to customer service, the message from them was, turn it off if not watching and it will update.

We are at our summer home, so I ordered, from Amazon, a 3 LNB, fixed dish and set that up. That way I can keep the dome for the RV and quick trips while in NY for the summer and for the 7 to 8 months we travel.
With the fixed dish I can record one channel while watching another. That's not avalable with the single LNB dome.

With the Outdoors plan and local service ( $15 a month ) I can open the Dish app and it will use my GPS to change my locals.

So far so good.

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote