Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #15

You used to be able to just swap the cards but no more. I have direct at home so I just added another receiver for the RV and leave it on year round because we never know when we might use it for the weekend. If you do not already have Direct, Dish has a service just for RV ers that can be activated and cut off at will. This would be the route I would go if I had cable or no satellite service at home.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #16
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
An old argument. You cannot get HD with Direct in your MH. Only Dish provides HD as well as an RV plan. I can activate my MH account on the web site. I have the Hopper System in our home and two 211s in our MH.

Not worth the argument. Get whatever you want.

2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Stay away from Dish. I was a subscriber for 15 (never a late payment) years and decided to cancel earlier this year when they dropped Fox News. I returned the equipment in their boxes using their call tags. UPS lost one of the boxes and that started a six month battle. They ended up taking me to collections for $200. It didn't get settled until I notified the California Sec. of State who wrote a letter on my behalf. A few weeks later I received a call from Dish. I will never go back.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Strange, I'm watching Fox News on Dish right now.

Sounds like UPS was the problem doesn't it?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I don't bother with either one
Old 10-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Strange, I'm watching Fox News on Dish right now.

Sounds like UPS was the problem doesn't it?
Not Strange they were in contract dispute. Settled some time later. Yes it was a UPS problem but DISH had the contract with UPS. UPS offered to pay but DISH wouldn't respond to questions. Long story short, DISH customer service sucks.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
Not Strange they were in contract dispute. Settled some time later. Yes it was a UPS problem but DISH had the contract with UPS. UPS offered to pay but DISH wouldn't respond to questions. Long story short, DISH customer service sucks.

I respectfully but heartily disagree. We've had the Dish mobile service for over three years fulltiming, and we've found the Customer Service just fine. If we settle into a place for a few months that has cable included for example, we just call and we can suspend service, then call to resume at the next locale. As we travel-- even on a daily basis-- I just call and have them change our "Service Address", and within 5 minutes or so it's downloading the appropriate local channels and programming guide.

Of course, wherever their call center is, most of their reps are not native "American English" speakers. They've done a very good job on the accents, but they usually don't get the vernacular and sometimes pronunciation will give them away. But we've never found that to be a big difficulty-- you just have to be sure to phrase things properly and avoid slang. Shouldn't be too hard.

Yes, we lost a few channels last year for a month or so during their sophomoric testosterone feud, but once they resumed we got some sort of monetary credit-- I think $50 or so. Besides, if your response is to walk away from every company that ever inconveniences you, you'll soon be back growing your own food on 40 acres with a mule and a plow.

In short, Dish is OK with us. YMMV.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Strange again. I just went online with Dish and had my RV 211s disabled until Feb when we travel again. Just used chat line to do it. Customer service was great.

Also use chat to set up locals wherever we happen to be. Very convenient.

One dispute should not ruin the experience with everyone.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:15 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Of course, wherever their call center is, most of their reps are not native "American English" speakers. They've done a very good job on the accents, but they usually don't get the vernacular and sometimes pronunciation will give them away. But we've never found that to be a big difficulty-- you just have to be sure to phrase things properly and avoid slang. Shouldn't be too hard.
John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
I learned last year after an ongoing problem with operators in the Philippines that if you request an American operator you will be set up to always get one. I now talk only to folks in the USA.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #24
KC

We have Direct TV, but both should have deals for new subscribers. One big difference is there is only a couple of dish that Direct TV has that will give you HD TV. One is the roof mounted Traveler dish the other is a tri pod mounted dish you need to line up each time you get to your campground. We have had good luck with our Home direct TV system.

Good luck

KC
Old 10-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
We have Direct TV, but both should have deals for new subscribers. One big difference is there is only a couple of dish that Direct TV has that will give you HD TV. One is the roof mounted Traveler dish the other is a tri pod mounted dish you need to line up each time you get to your campground. We have had good luck with our Home direct TV system.

Good luck

KC

Also the RF Mogul roof mount.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #26

Thanks racetom. I simply was not going to justify his idiotic question with an answer. Thus silence.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #27

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
An old argument. You cannot get HD with Direct in your MH. Only Dish provides HD as well as an RV plan. I can activate my MH account on the web site. I have the Hopper System in our home and two 211s in our MH.

Not worth the argument. Get whatever you want.
You certainly can get Direct HD in your RV!
We have the old original MotoSat HD unit on our MH, it is fully capable of receiving HD and has done so for many years with the previous owner.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
You certainly can get Direct HD in your RV!
We have the old original MotoSat HD unit on our MH, it is fully capable of receiving HD and has done so for many years with the previous owner.

X2.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish