Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
Dish 211z receiver setup

Has anyone been able to install a Dish 211z receiver paired with a King dome 3000 antenna system? I can not get the software download to successfully complete.

jaunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
I had the same problem with my King tailgater/211z. It was not until I signed up with DISH that the download would complete. The instructions to download then call DISH did not work for me. Once I called I got a DISH rep that did not know what an RV was (another story).

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Robin, Carolyn and Maggie the Schnauzer - 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T, 2014 Smart Car Toad

Robin, Carolyn and Maggie the Schnauzer - 2015 Winnebago 30T, towing 2002 Jeep TJ
RLBCCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally, I had to connect my VIP-211 to my home system to initialize it. I don't remember exactly why (you should ask your Dish rep about it). After that, I installed it in the MoHo. It's been over a year with no problems. BTW, I use the Tailgater.
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
A Dish 211 is different than a 211Z and a 211K. You might want to do a search (on IRV2). There are several threads regarding this. In my opinion, the 211z is an inferior unit the the 211 and 211K.

Getting a Dish VIP-211z? WARNING!!
Gerry & Pat
2000 National Sea Breeze 1340
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote