Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 01:55 PM   #15

Shouldn't be that difficult to get Dish Mobile RV service. I bought the Dish HD antenna and supporting receiver on line. Once received I just called Dish and told them I was traveling in a motorhome and wanted to subscribe to their service. No contracts! Bought the Dish for My RV app for $10.00 which makes locating the three sats (110,119,129) very easy.

I call them when I haved moved to a different area so that I can receive local programming. I will admit to being frustrated at times when I am talking with someone in another country whom I can barely understand. I pay about $70 a month for my plan which provides all cable news as well as multiple ESPN stations. Pretty satisfied.

Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #16

jondrew, I have just now looked this system up and will speak with them tomorrow. So far it sounds like this is exactly what I want. I spent some time with direct tv Saturday and wanted to pull my hair out. I can't believe after 20 calls to both dish and direct no on mentioned this. I will keep everyone up to date.
Thanks

Old 09-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by easywind View Post
A few more things. I live in a co=op, no antennas on the roof, cable throughout the building, Time Warner, RCN and wireless. I suspend Time Warner when I'm away.
The FCC rules prohibit banning over the air antenna reception devices (OTARD).

https://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-...n-devices-rule

The co-op should not ban them.
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #18

I got tired of Comcast prices and decided to dump them and go with Dish. I leased an additional receiver and purchased a Tailgater that automatically locates the satellites to watch TV. I pay $7 a month and have same service as home. For months I'm not using the RV I can afford to pay the $7. If I want I can use the receiver on another TV at home.

With the Tailgater all I do is point it to the South. Hopefully there are no trees in the way. Turn the TV on to set it up I get a screen where I pick what state I am in. I select the state and scan and it locates the satellites downloads the channels and the TV guide. I think it takes about 15 minutes to complete.

Duane

2016 Crusader 295RST FW
2011 Toyota Tundra iForce 5.7 4.10 gears
Old 09-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #19

Call Winegard customer support (800-288-8094) or go to their web site. You an get a X-1 or X-2 automatic portable antenna and a dish 211 receiver for around $500. With Dish Pay As You Go you can get various sports channels and local net works all in HD. Weingard should be able to answer your Dish Program questions. Once hooked up and pay for a month, you can suspend your service and they will credit you for the unused days. Then when you want service call them again and pay the delta to get you credit to the month amount and change your service address to get local programming, if you have moved. I have done this several times in one month. Dish phone customer service is a pain, just ask to speak to an American RV expert or hang up and call again.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
Call Winegard customer support (800-288-8094) or go to their web site. You an get a X-1 or X-2 automatic portable antenna and a dish 211 receiver for around $500. With Dish Pay As You Go you can get various sports channels and local net works all in HD. Weingard should be able to answer your Dish Program questions. Once hooked up and pay for a month, you can suspend your service and they will credit you for the unused days. Then when you want service call them again and pay the delta to get you credit to the month amount and change your service address to get local programming, if you have moved. I have done this several times in one month. Dish phone customer service is a pain, just ask to speak to an American RV expert or hang up and call again.
Get the Pathway X2 from Wineguard for Dish. Much better than my Tailgater was. Bigger dish so it is less sensitive to obstructions. Can see both eastern and western arc sattilites, and it supports 2 receivers.

I keep thinking of getting the roof mounted Traveler, but since most camping I do is in sites with trees, the X2 portable antenna allows me to move to a clear area without having to reorient the MH. Not to mention it was about $800 cheaper
Old 09-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
We too use Dish Pay as you Go, it is tied to our home zipcode so we receive all local programming, which we love. Local news, local sports, and local weather so we can keep an eye on things at home. This works best for us....even tho we will not be watching the Steelers this year! (LOL!)
On the Road with 8 cats and a lovebird!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #22

Been a Directv customer for years and always good service and never a problem with billing. When Hurricane Charly hit our town and destroyed our sat dish's, Dish network wanted $200 to re install them. Directv installed them all for Free and switched anyone over from Dish at no charge. That's a company I'll do business with as long as they treat their customers like that.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Dish or Direct TV

Trying to decide between the 2
Any opinions???
Old 09-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferdave78 View Post
Trying to decide between the 2
Any opinions???
Read post 22. had Directv for about 12 years until I could no longer afford everything. Now just use ota antenna on house and mh.

Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, dish