Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #1

Disneyland Anybody?

Hello: Well its time to take the family to Disneyland in July. Seattle, WA to Cal. Need help from all you guys that took the plunge. Here are some questions and feel free to add.

What's the pro and con and what would you change if you had to do it again?
Take the toad?
RV Park... Anaheim Resort RV, Harbor RV, or Orangewood RV park?
Package Tickets discounts? Hopper Tickets?
Fast pass tips?

Thank you all in advance and hope to see you there.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #2

We took the kids and grandkids from B.C. to Disneyland and stayed at the Anaheim RV Resort and shuttled to Disneyland (no need for the toad). The RV resort also offered discounted passes. We loved our stay there and wouldn't change anything on our next trip back.
Cheers,
Ted
Old 05-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is not enough money in the world to get me to go there in the peak season.
I wish you the best of luck.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vfox View Post
There is not enough money in the world to get me to go there in the peak season.
Good point, what's the off peak season?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Usually when school is in session. It will still be busy, but not like the peak times when school is out in Cali.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesdx1 View Post
Hello: Well its time to take the family to Disneyland in July. Seattle, WA to Cal. Need help from all you guys that took the plunge. Here are some questions and feel free to add.

Take the toad?
Fast pass tips?

Thank you all in advance and hope to see you there.
I am wanting to do the same trip in my MH with the family. Please do a POST Disneyland trip report. I as well have the same questions as you and will be following this thread.

As far as packages go, when we have gone in the past we bought our packages through GetAwayToday. We had no problems with them and felt like we received a good deal. I would definitely get the hopper passes, I would bet if you didn't by them initially you would upgrade after the first day.

Off Season, we went once during spring break. It was the worst trip I have ever taken and will never go there again during a busy time of year. However, my wife and I went in September and it was AWESOME. We walked on every ride and never had to deal with a crowd once.

Good Luck
Todd.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vfox View Post
I could not agree with you more. You need to go during school season and during the week in order to half way enjoy the place. It is just crazy and the fast passes are not a real help either. We went around 4 years ago and we got the fast pass for a certain ride at 1:30 PM and it was for us to board the ride at 9:00 PM. We went home at 2:00 and have not been back.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesdx1 View Post
Good point, what's the off peak season?
I live in Southern California and have had Premier Passports for as long as I have had kids.

The off peak season is specifically on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. from October through early April.

Anytime after 3:00 p.m. , (and all day Monday and Friday), you will personally meet all of the local annual passholders who get out of work and school and go there to "relax"!

Anytime between early April and until after school starts in September you will be waiting in very long hour+ lines for the best attractions.

Just Sayin'!

My kids and I love the place, but we know when to go, (and when to stay away).
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #9

You don't say how long you plan to be there. That might make a difference in the best way to purchase admission.

We have had annual passes for quite a few years. BeachDude is correct on off-peak times. I'd also avoid most of December.

Get your fast passes first thing. They don't expire even though they say they are are only good for a certain time, they will honor them anytime that day after the beginning of the timeframe on the pass. The other first thing you must do is get your tickets for the water show in California Adventure. They have limited tickets and they go very fast.

Disneyland is celebrating 60 years this year. Should have some cool things to celebrate. Have a great time.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we drove down on our Easter Break we stayed at Anaheim RV Park.
We paid for a week pass for the shuttle bus which gave us unlimited travel. Also got the park hopper passes too.
That way when the kids were tired and hungry we could head back to the RV and eat and nap and head back later.
The view of the fireworks was great also from the RV park.
The only possible drawback to going in the off season is some of the attractions are closed for maintenance or upgrades.

2010 Coachmen Freelander 30qb
Ford E450 V10
Old 05-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #11

Thanks you all for responding and letting me know regarding peak season. I can picture it know...shoulder to shoulder, but the kids and DW still wants to go. I'm just driving the beast. LOL. Will be staying at Disney for 3 days.

KEEP the tips coming. thank you!

Take the toad?
Fast pass tips?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
YC1

You will need at least 3 days. I would suggest four to five and forget about trying to do other parks such as Universal or Knotts Berry Farm.

Do take a toad. If you have issues anywhere you will have flexibility. The shuttles are ok but you are at their mercy. Use your toad so you can come and go as you want.

Go into the parks early and leave in the middle of the day if the heat gets intense or folks get grumpy. Then after a rest or plunge in the pool go back for the evening events.

If you have smaller children take or rent a stroller even if the kids are getting a bit large. The stroller is great for toting back packs with snacks and cold water. You need to drink lots of water. Again, if you have younger kids they must be fed every couple of hours. Snacks are fine of course but they will not be aware of the hungry monster or lack of water.

If you have the budget for a great meal there are some great options but you need to make reservations. A month in advance would not be too soon for the summer.

We had annual passes at Disneyland and Walt Disney World so have traveled to the parks many times. We raised children and grandchildren on the Magic. We liked Walt Disney World so much we now live here. My son in law is now a cast member and one of my grandsons has been a cast member for over a year.

Go to Allears.net, disboards.net, and for some other fun look at fortfiends.net

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #13

In July, wait times for the most popular rides can reach almost 2 hours, fast passes help, but are not available for everything and you are limited to how many fast passes you can hold at one time, so the more days you can stay, the better. You will have a better time if you can "walk away" when you get tired and not worry about missing something you wanted to see or do.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
We go every year. It's just something that we love.
The biggest issue in my opinion is having the right attitude. Yes there will be a bunch of other people there. Yes, there are usually long lines. I tend to be fascinated by all these folks. Disney is really an amazing place.
It was one man's dream to build a place for families to enjoy. Many people told him it would never work.
I for one am glad he didn't listen.

You ho ho, a pirates life for me!
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote