Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2005, 08:52 AM   #1

displaying photos

How do ya'll display your photo's? I am a huge picture taker and i love to have picture everywhere........but sometimes i look around and it look a lil too much...

Right now i have mine lining the lil ledge between the slie and wall. all in black frames. & i had a friend who got a huge piece of plexi glass cut and placed all the photos on he kitchen table with the plexi on top...

Looking for some fun new ideas?

This is one thing i can't live without pictures and my camera!

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2005, 08:52 AM   #2

How do ya'll display your photo's? I am a huge picture taker and i love to have picture everywhere........but sometimes i look around and it look a lil too much...

Right now i have mine lining the lil ledge between the slie and wall. all in black frames. & i had a friend who got a huge piece of plexi glass cut and placed all the photos on he kitchen table with the plexi on top...

Looking for some fun new ideas?

This is one thing i can't live without pictures and my camera!

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:57 AM   #3

I haven't put my idea in place yet, but the inspiration came from the magnetic photo sleeves on the filing cabinet in our home office. I'm looking for some type of panel, grid, etc that the magnetic sleeves will hold to, then I will mount it on a bare wall that we have next to the dining area and put my photos in the magnetic sleeves. This way the photos can easily be changed out when "Grands" get new school pix, etc.

Sheri

2005 Chevy 3500 (DRW) Duramax with Allison 1000
Goldenwingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:09 AM   #4

Last week I picked up a package of four sheets of "bulletin board" stuff at Camping World. It comes with a sticky back that is supposed to come off without residue when you want to remove the "bulletin board". The front is a neat material that you just stick papers or pictures to. I put it up inside my cabinet doors, as I wasn't sure about the "no residue" situation. Now I can put up pictures without the clutter and enjoy them every time I open the doors. Really easy to change out the pictures, too. It comes in three colors, grey, beige, and ?? (no memory anymore at all, I swear). You can trim the bulletine board stuff to any size or shape you want with scissors.

Some people at work have used this material for at least two years and it continues to work fine for them. Don't know if your magnetic sleeves will stick, but they might. If they don't you wouldn't need to use them anyway.

Another idea might be a small whiteboard from an office supply store. If you read their labels, some are magnetic, some are not. A magnetic one would work very well for you, but is a lot heavier solution than the first I offered.

Let us know what you try...I expect more good ideas will be flowing in.

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #5

I bought a large sheet of white poster board, placed pieces of sticky tape (the kind with the "foam" backing) on each corner and in the center so I could attach the poster board to the refrigerator door. Then I used little photo attachments to make an arrangement of photographs. Photos can be interchanged as you wish. You can also use foam poster board on the wall to make photo displays. It looks neat and the foam tape can be removed whenever you want. If you have large photos you can place them in a plastic bag for protection and then attach the bag to the wall or refrig or whatever.
Annie K. and Sparky, the long-haired chihuahua
03 Journey DL36 LD
04 Saturn L300W
Blue Ox and Brake Buddy
Doggievet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:46 PM   #6

Digital photo frames ... a little pricy ($100+ cdn)but they takes memory cards & will make a slideshow of your pictures. It wouldn't be home without pictures of our family, we needed a way to take our 2-year-old who passed away with us -just wouldn't feel right. Every picture is may favorite (yes, even the blurry ones)and I get to see them all
4farmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #7

New Horizons Owners Club
I have Windows XP on my computer and it comes with a screen saver that defaults to a slide show. I have a little over 5,000 photographs and it will randomly display them any time the screen saver kicks in.

It is not unusual for both of us to realize that we have been watching the screen saver instead of the television.

We are in the process of getting his-&-hers computers so we will have two slide shows to watch.
jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
jmo

We have a TT on permanent site down east in NC. I was thinking on subject of photo's one day and looked up and saw levelor blinds on slider door had top frame with clear plastic guides. I have been sliding photo's in there. High...yes but I can point them out to guests...can't miss them once in trailer. Magnetic tough but would also want sleeve to protect photo if any lower on wall, etc. Refrigerator magnet picture frame holders work

Good Luck,

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
jperry29,great idea!!!Where can one get the technology to do the same? Maverik

05 Excel CLO36
maverik/gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #10

I have a magnetic wipe off board that I attatched with over the door hanger , with good magnets the pictures never move and since I take lots of pictures they are really easy to change out! just an idea

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
There are websites that allow you to make a bound book of photos, I haven't done it yet but I am going to. I think a volume per year... we have our scrapbooks at home, but I'd like something in the coach. shutterfly.com has some options, or google "photo books". Have fun!

Brenda, of
Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #12
jmo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">had a friend who got a huge piece of plexi glass cut and placed all the photos on he kitchen table with the plexi on top...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool idea.

Magnetic board with over door hangers too. We don't travel enough in our MH yet to need scrap books but having something on display like that when you wanted to share a picture or two with others is neat.

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
We found a folding privacy panel like you see in the old movies for people to dress behind. It has several picture frames mounted on it. We put it up to block the drivers seat area while parked and fold it and put it under the edge of the bed while underway.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #14

I've used photo fabric (available in Walmart and quilt shops, etc.) to make photo quilts that I hang on the walls. I don't worry about them falling on the floor and breaking. I can't do too many, but I've done the important ones. Also, can make photo pillows, etc.
Jan
Janrm1 is offline   Reply With Quote