Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #15
Damon Owners Club
we just took a 3,500 mile road trip in our car. It was different for sure.

173dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
I was lucky enough to travel the world when I was paid to work. Since retiring, only the last minute and unplanned trips are without the coach. My life revolves around the time of year and the different RVing I do at different times of the year.

2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #17
We spend the 7 cold wet months motorhoming in the southern US. I spend 3 (wife 2) summer months on the boat in the Puget Sound and Canadian Gulf Islands. Some now call the entire area the "Salish Sea" but I'm not one of them. Wife likes 2 spring like months playing in the dirt and flowers. And we have one late summer month visiting and getting ready to leave again.

Retirement is not for the faint of heart.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #18

We live and work in our RV and love having all our things and my own bed every night. When we take a few days off we want out of the RV. We usually do nothing but read, eat and sleep on those days but it feels good to have a change of scenery.

At times we have spent our days off in the RV in a park but it is just not the same with all of our duties and responsibilities staring us in the face.
Home is where you go when there's no place else to go!
DKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hoping to go on a cruise and do Europe, also when we start to FT, we will use MH as a base and travel short trips including overnighters in toad.
Get a nice hotel or resort, and take some nice, long hot showers!
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We used to cruise quite a bit, but since we went FT we are content to travel in the RV.
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #21
If we want/need to go where the RV can't take us, then we fly, despite all the crap you have to put up with from the airlines and the TSA. If it's anywhere close to feasible, we'll go out of Vancouver BC, rather than put up with the treatment the TSA dish out at SEA.

We have family in the UK and our son, d-i-l and newborn grand-daughter are in suburban Tokyo. We'd love to find a direct non-stop from Bellingham to Blackpool, but it would have to be a business-jet charter!

Lead time on building drive-across North Atlantic and North Pacific road bridges will probably exceed my time as a sentient being!
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Took two cruises one time - our first and last. Mileage during corporate era paid for world travel. Now we want to see the US up close and personal (not from 30,000 ft.)
With our 4 "girls" in tow (see signature), if the motorhome can't get there, we don't need to go.
Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #23
Ford Super Duty Owner
As someone already said retirement is a vacation every day. We take a cruise every Jan or Feb. Wife goes to South Korea for 6 weeks each year, I went for 5 weeks last year. Spend 60 days a year in the MH and play golf 3 days a week. Rest of the time float in pool and drink beer. Life is good. Merry CHRISTMAS to all.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #24
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Usually camp 50-60 nights a year in the northern states of Ohio, PA, VT, NY during the summer months and weekends in April, May, Sept and Oct. Most years we'll take a week long ski trip to the Colorado Rocky's. This year 12' it will be Steamboat with our ski club. Usually I'm the trip leader setting up the trip for 30-32 ski club members. The last 5-6 years I was the leader, but having to deal with the airlines last year put a bad taste in my mouth, so I'll let someone else deal with them this year.
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
We tent camp, stay at timeshares, which I have sold this past year, hotels, stay with family. We usually fly if not in the MH, but we do drive to places sometimes in one of our vehicles. We have done a couple of cruises, we're not a big fan of cruises but will probably do more in the future.
Dan Sees, Full Timing in the MH & Part timing in a S&B In Hampstead, NC
2013 Winnebago Journey 42e, 2014 Featherlite Car Hauler 3110 17.5', 2008 Mazda MX5,
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
Damon Owners Club
My DW prefers NOT to go rving. She is a little strange, but I take her anyway. I tell her that if she doesn't go with me in the RV, I will not go with her to the hotel.
173dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #27
For us it's cruises and tours. 2012 will be a 2 week European river cruise. We've taken several tours including a couple of baseball tours visiting different ballparks.
If you are retired can you still call it a vacation? Doesn't seem right.
tj4dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #28
God bless you all it sounds like everyone is enjoying life. I try to do the same but I'm still to young I can't vacation as much some of you I have to work a lot more in order to give my two little ones an education, but I still do a few vacationns a year and I kinda fell like I should use the Rv as much as possible to justify the investment. Merry Christmas to all. Joe

ninos is offline   Reply With Quote