Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #29
RV Consumers Group does a very good job of rating RV's. They could do a better job if we reported our findings of poor and of good workmanship in RV's to them. They can not be every where and see everything. I have already done some reporting to them.

Ralph & Snickers
2006 3500 Chevy Dually - 8.1 - Allison
2006 30' New Horizon - Solar
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #30
Is RV Consumer Group a pay site? Looked that way to me when I checked it out.

padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm a newbie and not familiar with RV Consumer Group, so I just went on their website to learn about them. And, while you are right, this group does seem to offer some form of what the OP looked to achieve with a forum. So, if they are publishing their findings, why do you feel they not effective? It seems to me that they are effectively guiding those who purchase their Ratings Guide into brands that rate well in their system.
I think they are not effective because few buyers are using their ratings and no manufacturers are altering their products to get better RVCG ratings. As a rating service they have no credibility at all.

I'm not saying that they don't serve a purpose by collecting data in one place, but that is not the same as being an effective consumer organization.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #32
I love the idea.

When looking for our first TT I did a ton of research. There is a ton of info out there. The problem is it is too scattered.

What if we had a forum here with reviews and ratings by manufacturer? How many active members of this forum? Would a consolidation of our own information and experience have statistical relevance, I.e., are there enough of us?

2012 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2008 Ford F250 6.4 Diesel
kellylipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #33
There is a ton of information on the web about just about everything you can imagine; someone wants to add one more; I say go for it. There is information on the web for everything; anyone with a little computer savy can find anything in a matter of minutes.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #34
Agreed, there is very little that Goggle can't find these days, including people with RV issues, and they usually show up on one of three RV forums.

To me this is akin to this whole "We as RV'ers should boycott DirecTV (or Dish) because <insert the whine of the day here>. " Does anyone seriously think a boycotting RV'er is even a speck on Direct's radar? They probably sign up as many new subscribers in one day.

The point is that we don't have the numbers. My last RV was owned for 17 years, the new one is now 5 years old. We don't rotate these things out like cars to the point that you are always looking at the next one. IMO the OP is simply not going to find enough bodies to do this. You're better off joining the Owners Club of whatever it is you have or are complaining about and either rally them or ask for assistance to fix it yourself. And that is exactly why this forum is in existence.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is online now   Reply With Quote