RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #267

I use it before every trip to wash down any bird droppings or other stuff off my solar panels.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #268

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dave, I came across a rear ladder post of yours back in Dec'18 and you mentioned that you'd repainted your 04 37B Adventurer. My 05 HR exterior is in pretty good shape; however, a new, updated color would look good on her. I noticed you live over in IN (not that far from me) and was wondering what you learned about repainting a big MH. I've also been considering getting a full wrap and need to learn a little more about durability, especially around the bay doors and slides. Pls let me know what you learned and a picture if you can. THX

garyschuetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #269

I use my ladder every trip as well. I check to make sure everything is okay before and clean the slide covers and make sure the antenna is down before going my rv. Glad to have one.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #270

A month ago I used an extended ladder to get on the roof to clean it and the hose caught the ladder and it fell down. I was 100 ft from the house and my DW did not hear me yelling. I stood there for 10 minutes figuring eventually she would come looking for me. Then it dawned on me, I have a rear ladder and got down. That's how much I use it!
bizzerbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #271

I use the rear ladder to access the roof. Seems safer to me than leaning a ladder against the MH to get on the roof. Only thing you have to get used to is it being perfectly vertical, which is strange because normally a ladder is at an angle, so you don't have to keep a death grip on it.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #272

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Almost daily. Branches, wind, stuff out of trees, dirt, check on awnings, air con units, solar panel, grease antenna, leaks and more, if you not your not maintaining your coach.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #273

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslam View Post
I use my ladder every trip as well. I check to make sure everything is okay before and clean the slide covers and make sure the antenna is down before going my rv. Glad to have one.
Ditto
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:01 AM   #274

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Ditto
Use every month to check entire roof. Just finished my every 4 month mold removal. Used Wet it and forget it this time will let you know how it works. Florida is very humid and mold loves a damp roof to grow.
Russ Silber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #275

Winnebago Owners Club
I use mine all the time; as like others, the lower portion is stashed in my garage somewhere; it takes up too much storage room in the bay it will fit in. I am fortunate that I can fit a 7' fiberglass step ladder in one bay from side to side. I lean it up against the rear ladder which gives me enough height on a secure ladder before I have to use the last two top rungs of the attached ladder. Makes it a whole lot easier coming down also.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:39 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
I use mine all the time; as like others, the lower portion is stashed in my garage somewhere; it takes up too much storage room in the bay it will fit in. I am fortunate that I can fit a 7' fiberglass step ladder in one bay from side to side. I lean it up against the rear ladder which gives me enough height on a secure ladder before I have to use the last two top rungs of the attached ladder. Makes it a whole lot easier coming down also.
hi doorguy
i too have ladder in bay but i have my ladder lower extension installed on ladder and tie wrapped to keep it from bouncing off..
i have 3 roof a/c's tv antenna and power lift. 4 solar panels and two fans that need cleaned oiled etc. so i use ladder a lot as we are in coach 6-8 month a year,,, it's my opinion that the rear ladder is the safest way to to the roof if its well anchored..
mike
irmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #277

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To answer the OPs initial question - Yes.

g

(Hi 1SG!!)
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #278

Rear ladder

There's 20 pages to this post and I didn't read all of them.
However, I don't know if this is true or not, but I was told that an RV without the rear ladder means the RV is cheaply made and that roof isn't designed to walk on.
RandyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
To answer the OPs initial question - Yes.
Me too. Isn't that why they put the ladder on there to begin with?
I have a pair of tennis shoes I keep clean in the MH I use when going up onto the roof. I put the shoes in a bag tied to a rope and toss the rope up onto the roof. After I climb onto the roof I sit down and change my shoes. i don't want to chance scratching the rubber roof with something stuck to my street shoes. The tennis shoes have more grip too.
Lynn