Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do You Have a MaxxAir Fan Mate?

I have two MaxxAir Fan Mate covers mounted over my existing Fantastic Fan vents, that I installed about two years ago. I have been pleased with them and they do a good job of venting the coach, regardless of the weather.

I went up on my roof last week to clean the vent lids as well as the inside of the Fan Mates. That’s when I discovered what a PITA it is to remove and replace the Fan Mates themselves. I originally installed them, but I guess I forgot about how difficult it can be to realign the hardware when you have a back as bad as mine.

I did some internet searching and found a MaxxAir product called the MaxxBracket. It is an optional hinged bracket that allows you to remove a MaxxAir product without removing any hardware. Great idea! Only problem is, MaxxAir no longer offers these brackets. Looking at MaxxAir’s website, the new versions of the Fan Mate now have a hinged bracket incorporated into it’s design. I felt gypped!

I called MaxxAir’s customer service to ask for help. Come to find out, even if they still offered the MaxxBrackets, they never fit the Fan Mate. They did however offer to sell me the bracket portion of the new & improved Fan Mate, for a cost of $9.95 each, plus shipping. I was hoping they would have been a little more considerate like the folks at Fantastic Vent are, but at least I will now be able to remove the Fan Mates without removing any hardware.

If anyone with older Fan Mates like me are interested in the same upgrade, the brackets can only be ordered directly through MaxxAir’s customer service. Their phone number is 800-780-9893. The part number for the bracket is, 10-20922.

Older Fan Mate:

New & Improved Fan Mate:

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I've got one of the older ones, but never thought it was a big deal to remove. Not that I do it very often - maybe twice in the last 5 years? I like the new hinge idea, though.

I've had excellent service from MaxxAir in the past. When a MaxxFan fan controller got flaky on a previous coach, they promptly sent me a all new parts, no questions asked and no need to return the old stuff.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan