Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
[COLOR="Black"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
...shes never ready, you wait and wait and wait; oH yes when were traveling, she sleeps.
I don't see a problem, as long as your girlfriend is energetic and punctual. She might even have some spare time to help DW get organized, and carry some of her stuff.

The reason our wives tend to live longer is that we suggest stuff like this, from time to time.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
After reading all the posts, hopefully most weren't kidding I know; I made the worst mistake of my life;
When I was 30 and working my butt off trying to provide for my family, (had two small kids), my wife was jumping in bed with anyone that looked at her twice; I thought that I should stay together for the kids; (biggest mistake of my life) now at age 78 I'm still in pretty good health, still married but; (here comes the clincher) wife is in poor health; two hip repracements; two joints in her back removed, one in her neck; she just cracked one of her hips and is in bed.
Question guys?? I need some advice. How much time do I have? Do I spend what time I have taking care of an unfaithful wife (how much do I owe her?)
I know this is a RV site but some of you guys have been through this thing.

DO I BAIL OR STAY?
Honest guys I'm not making this up.
You already made that decision 48 years ago.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #45

Doesn't the line go "for better or worse, in sickness or health"?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #46

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN
Doesn't the line go "for better or worse, in sickness or health"?
AMEN!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
No wife, no kids. I go where I want, when I want, for as long as I want. There are a lot of available women who may be interested, and if one goes along we will have a lot better time than most married people. I have never been accused of not knowing how to treat a lady well. But I don't intend to impose myself on one full time. They shouldn't have to put up with my idiosyncrasies, and vice versa.

There are three states of marriage: happily married, married, and unhappily married. I suppose a few here will take offense at this, but the number of people happily married is dwarfed by the other two. I know there really are some people who are happily married, but most people who claim to be happily married are liars. They are either unhappy, or they are just coasting along because it's the just the way things are, and don't want to admit it to anyone, including themselves. I have been in less than pleasant relationships, and have always chosen to leave. Life is too short to spend it that way. I am especially baffled by the people who would rather be in an unhappy relationship than be alone. It makes no sense to me. I'm quite content to be single, and I can have dinner and time together with a different woman every week if I choose. Or I can pack my stuff and be gone for weeks, and have no one asking where I'm going, who I'm going with, or when I'll be back.

What baffles me most is the number of people who have been married multiple times and are now in their third, fourth, or even fifth(or more) unhappy marriage, and can't seem to figure out why. If they don't understand it, they're either incredibly ignorant or incredibly arrogant.

Melvonnar, I suspect you don't even like the woman anymore. Once you address that issue, and answer yourself honestly, you'll be in a better position to decide what to do. We've only heard your side of the story, and only YOU can decide what you really owe her. It sounds like you're in a tough spot, and I'm sorry to hear that. Making a decision that you think will make you happy may leave you feeling guilty and just as unhappy as before.

JP
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I guess that I am lucky if I say lets go camping, before I can change my shoes she has the MH packed and ready to go and is sitting in the passenger seat.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #49

One of my favorite quotes, from either Dear Abby or Ann Landers years ago, is, "What's worse than being single? Wishing you were single."

Being married isn't better than being single, and being single isn't better than being married. What's good about one state is bad about the other, but there are tradeoffs with either.

I'm really happy for those who are happily married or even contentedly married and I have sympathy for those who are unhappily married.

liz
Old 06-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I refuse to answer under the grounds that anything I say will incriminate me, and or "She Who Must be Obeyed" knows where I tie my goat.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminyard View Post
Well guys, I hate to rub it in, but I got the pick of the litter! We've been married for 52 years, love each other more now than the day we got married, and both love RV'ing. I wouldn't trade her for six 18 year olds (not up to the task and they're too hard to train!) I thank the Lord for her every day because I certainly don't deserve her!
Congrats on the 52 years! We are only working on 41. But I'm like you, I often ask myself what did I do to deserve this?
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #52

Thumbs up

It took me 4 tries but I got a good one now. Sets up the CG reservations, Loads the MoHo, helps set up when we get there, helps unload the Harley and never complains. Always wants to go and adventure. She is up for anything. She calls me "Adventure Bill" and wants to do it full time. She is also beautiful and kind hearted and takes good care of me. Don't get much better than this

Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
the OP question reminds me an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" Ray told Deborah to they were leave at 7PM "AIS" she asked AIS, yes "A$$ in Seat" AIS or not the car was leaving at 7.

On another note we celebrated our 36th anniversary yesterday, I hope for another 36, i don't want to train another one in..... jk :-)
bthomforde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I'm always 15 minutes early she's always 15 minutes late.It's been this way for 45 years it's not going to change so I live with it , Small Price to pay for a woman that will put up with me.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #55

Everyone is different. Marriage is for some people, not others. I love my husband, we're married 17 years, 4 kids, and we don't argue that often. When we do, it's not even that bad. I like him as a person, he's funny, he's smart, and we have many similar likes and dislikes. We also agree on our parenting styles, which is very important (being united against the enemy) and he puts up with me and my attitude, at times.

That being said, if, God Forbid, anything were to happen to him...I'm NEVER doing this again.
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:26 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
It took me 4 tries but I got a good one now. Sets up the CG reservations, Loads the MoHo, helps set up when we get there, helps unload the Harley and never complains. Always wants to go and adventure. She is up for anything. She calls me "Adventure Bill" and wants to do it full time. She is also beautiful and kind hearted and takes good care of me. Don't get much better than this

She' s a hottie Bill.
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote