Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, is that wut I have to look forward to?

I'm 53, she's 48. She hasn't been able or perhaps it is willing? To keep up with me for some years. She doesn't try to cramp my style though. When I wanta new toy she's ok with it, when I wanted a motorcycle she said not a word.

For now, my niece is 14. She loves to camp, and can keep up with me no problem. She's the last, hopefully there will be some grandchildren not long after she decides I'm not "cool" anymore.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #30

Perry, I think if you do, Ill give you my attorneys phone number, you WILL need it.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My brother called to tell me he got a used car for his wife. I told him, "GOOD TRADE"

I gotta friend named Guido who can take care of your problem if you want to spend $50,000. Might be worth it. Fugedaboutit. Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked and looked there are all kinds of forums on IRV2 but I couldn't find the wife trading forum. Lets start one. But then again, my wife would probably be looking in the husband trades.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #32

Jayco Owners Club
Interesting thread. Anybody got a body count?
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I assume that most people are kidding but who knows. I had a terrible marriage. Basically walked away with nothing. And it was woth it. Life's too short. Found one someone else had "thrown away". As someone said, one man's trash is another man's treasure. And believe me she is a treasure. Been married 13 years and retiring next month. She cooks, cleans, drives the RV, helps do repairs, runs the house, etc etc etc.
I make all the big decisions like who we will vote for for president, she makes all the little decisions like how we will spend my paycheck. I learned long ago, she controls half the money and all the _____, so I just do what I'm told and say "yes dear". Life is good.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Seems to me you are too easy going. Plan your trip. When it's time to go; LEAVE. If she's on board fine. If not, fine. When you get to your destination, do as planned and enjoy yourself. See the sights, visit with neighbors, maybe find a new friend named Fido, or Lassie who will always be ready to go and follow you around. The wife will not change unless you make it happen.
a10koaksfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #35

After reading all the posts, hopefully most weren't kidding I know; I made the worst mistake of my life;
When I was 30 and working my butt off trying to provide for my family, (had two small kids), my wife was jumping in bed with anyone that looked at her twice; I thought that I should stay together for the kids; (biggest mistake of my life) now at age 78 I'm still in pretty good health, still married but; (here comes the clincher) wife is in poor health; two hip repracements; two joints in her back removed, one in her neck; she just cracked one of her hips and is in bed.
Question guys?? I need some advice. How much time do I have? Do I spend what time I have taking care of an unfaithful wife (how much do I owe her?)
I know this is a RV site but some of you guys have been through this thing.

DO I BAIL OR STAY?
Honest guys I'm not making this up.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Senior chief,
Yea, and if he finds some pretty little thing with the hots for him, tell to inquire to see if she has a sister. Twins would be better. Why not go for the gusto, and reach for the brass ring.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Melvonnar,
What goes around comes around. I guess it depends on what happened since. A wise person once told me (at $100.00 AN HOUR), It isn't the affair in a marriage that causes the problems, it's the problems in the marriage that causes the affair. If she showed remorse and has been a good wife since, you probably "owe" her. If not, I wouldn't mistreat her, but I wouldn't go out of my way to accommodate her. Life is like a bottle of milk, it has an experiation date. Drink from it while you can.
I had a terrible marriage. If I had stayed in it, one of us would be dead, and the other in jail, but we both would have gotten relief. Divorce is cheaper. So is legal, or better yet, mental separation (see that she is cared for but go and have fun. Just go have fun and not worry about what others think. I have a wonderful life now. Will retire in 30 days and looking forward to spending our remaining years traveling and drinking from the bottle of life until it's expiration date.

Many will disagree but I always say "everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion - this is mine". And remember, advice is usually worth what you pay for it. Mine always costs nothing ... and is worth it. Good luck.
Take care.
Jim
Old 06-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #38

I am a different kind of wife. I make the reservations, I pack everyone (including my husband) I shop for the food, pack the fridge, I fill up the gas can for the generator, I fill my truck with gas. I make sure we have dog food, water, and leashes and treats.

I hook the truck up, get the kids buckled in, dogs loaded on top of kids, and wait for my husband to come home from work, he gets to pee, and then we leave.

When we get to our destination, I stand out in torrential rain (like this past friday evening) and back him up into the site. I then get the chocks, put them down, I wait for him to unhook the truck and level the camper, and then we eat a meal that's already cooked and waiting to be heated.

I even find the beer coozies.

Thing is, it's not work at all. I love doing it. My husband wants to know why I'm not all that great at doing this stuff at home.

I love being a wife, and the biggest camping fanatic in the family.
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #39

I saw the title of this thread and couldn't figure out whether OP had a wife and wanted to get rid of her or didn't have a wife and was trying to figure out how to swipe one from one of you who does have one!

I can always find a chuckle here, even amongst the serious threads.

liz
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
After reading all the posts, hopefully most weren't kidding I know; I made the worst mistake of my life;
When I was 30 and working my butt off trying to provide for my family, (had two small kids), my wife was jumping in bed with anyone that looked at her twice; I thought that I should stay together for the kids; (biggest mistake of my life) now at age 78 I'm still in pretty good health, still married but; (here comes the clincher) wife is in poor health; two hip repracements; two joints in her back removed, one in her neck; she just cracked one of her hips and is in bed.
Question guys?? I need some advice. How much time do I have? Do I spend what time I have taking care of an unfaithful wife (how much do I owe her?)
I know this is a RV site but some of you guys have been through this thing.

DO I BAIL OR STAY?
Honest guys I'm not making this up.
This is so sad. When she was unfaithful I'm thinking you and she never really worked it out. I mean, you didn't forgive her. Affairs are hard to move past, and while many men would be caring for their wives, it seems to you, she is just the unfaithful woman that is now an albatross. Perhaps it's time to speak to your children, who you stayed with this woman for, about sharing the responsibility and care for their mother. I think you deserve a break. It sounds to me like you need to be happy, and do for yourself at this point in your life. If you divorce her, your children may not understand, because she is so ill.

I'm a believer in being happy. You get one life, and it's your responsibility to yourself to enjoy some of it. If you haven't healed from her infidelities, you need to do so now, and get yourself a break for awhile.

Good luck, if you need to talk, I am here.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
I saw the title of this thread and couldn't figure out whether OP had a wife and wanted to get rid of her or didn't have a wife and was trying to figure out how to swipe one from one of you who does have one!

I can always find a chuckle here, even amongst the serious threads.

liz

That's why I opened it. I figured I could use a wife if someone was giving one away.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #42

You're not gonna like me much , Melvonnar, but the strength of a man isn't found in his ability to turn his back on his wife, but in his grace and mercy toward her; in his understanding that she has made mistakes and now needs his forgiveness and recommitment for her life to be stronger and of worth. When you told that preacher and that church AND God that you would love her thru thick and thin, thru good times and bad, for better or for worse, did you mean it? If so, how can you ask us to be part of dissolving what God put together? Yes, she's been unfaithful, and you never got over it. You have a right to be hurt. But if you never forgave her you have been unfaithful too. Life is more than physical- perhaps her earlier trysts were her way of telling you she needed more than just a physical relationship; she was looking for an emotional one too. Now, in her older years, she is beset with health problems and you must get to the point where you must show your faithfulness more than ever. It's true-you have a situation that not many men can endure. But what legacy will you leave?
87_Fixr is offline   Reply With Quote