Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
As I am reading these posts, I am smiling as the DW could be a lot of those problems. I am working on next trip out working my schedule backwards from October 2012 to September 2011 as we have some dates in stone for next June and July 2012 with a schedule stop back at the stick house in May/June 2012 [Doctors]. I have one thing going for me, She loves RVing and does not want to miss a thing or seeing the Country.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
46 years married and 4 years before getting married anything we each want to do we do together. DW likes traveling more then I do. DW drives by car to Indiana each by herself to family reunion and has done same to MA.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #59

I've pretty much made up my mind"

I had a heart valve replaced 42 years ago (I was #28); while I was in the hospital she was sleeping with someone got pregnet; (not sure it was mine; the kid has none of my looks or traits, is now in jail for armed robbery). I have another thats the exact opposit.
The next time shes in the hospital I'll send her straight to a nursing home'
That won't work for now; trust me on this.

Honest guys I'm not making this up.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #60

She musta been singin to ya Bill. Looks like you fell asleep at the wheel!
87_Fixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #61

I like traveling to be an enjoyable experience. I just tell the DW that we will leave whenever she wants, no time schedule.

I always get the motorhome ready and she is the supervisor.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #62
rf4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman 6 View Post
I am a different kind of wife. I make the reservations, I pack everyone (including my husband) I shop for the food, pack the fridge, I fill up the gas can for the generator, I fill my truck with gas. I make sure we have dog food, water, and leashes and treats.

I hook the truck up, get the kids buckled in, dogs loaded on top of kids, and wait for my husband to come home from work, he gets to pee, and then we leave.

When we get to our destination, I stand out in torrential rain (like this past friday evening) and back him up into the site. I then get the chocks, put them down, I wait for him to unhook the truck and level the camper, and then we eat a meal that's already cooked and waiting to be heated.

I even find the beer coozies.

Thing is, it's not work at all. I love doing it. My husband wants to know why I'm not all that great at doing this stuff at home.

I love being a wife, and the biggest camping fanatic in the family.
Coleman 6 - you and I must be related!! I make all reservations, plan all trips, make sure everything in moho is packed and ready to go. In some instances, when DH must work late or I have more time off than he does, I drive moho (and sometimes pull the trailer full of ATV's) to our destination, set up and have dinner and drink ready when he gets there.

Have I always been the "perfect wife"...nope, we had a rocky time a few years back. BUT now we both appreciate each other and love each other more than before (going on 24 years)

As for advice for some on here who seem to hate their wives...look at the man in the mirror - no one is perfect!

We all have fllaws. Deciding to accept each other flaws and love them in spite of the flaws is the way to a much happier marriage. Repeated infidelity is NOT a flaw.
rf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #63

glad to see i'm not alone in this i preplan some time months ahead , tinker and pack have everything ready at least a week before going on vacation the better half is up most the night before getting ready. was a fight if had to be up early for a flight, on time was very stressful always had to tell her we needed to be there two hours before we did and the rare times she did get around on time complained about getting there too early.that's where the motor home comes in no set time you have to ck in by,can load most of her stuff my self and the best i can load up and be moving and she can sleep,last trip i drove almost two hundred miles before she got out of bed.
after thirty years together she isn't going to change and will probably get worse if any thing and i'm not going to either , you compromise and find a way that keeps your sanity

what would we do with out them

happy rving
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #64

Have zero population growth?
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #65

Got rid of the spouse, the dog was allergic!
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #66

After 2 divorces I have determined that I am not qualified to pick a mate for myself.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #67

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87_Fixr View Post
She musta been singin to ya Bill. Looks like you fell asleep at the wheel!
That was one rough night! She really likes to party and it ain't getting any easier.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #68

My wife is my best friend. Yes, she sometimes sleeps while we are on the road. That's OK. She deserves it.

I hope that every couple out there can enjoy their time together, as friends and companions, as much as we do.

Life is short. Enjoy your partner.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #69

Ain't love grand--at times?
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Me and Willa got married back in 06 and its the second time around for both of us.
I will say that life is wonderful with My Willa. She thinks a lot like me in that she loves to travel. She has mostly duplicate everything in the coach so there is very little ''packing'' that we have to do to take a trip. Mostly grab my meds, her make up kit and an appropriate size ''stack'' and hit the road. She can drive the coach and operate the boat, loves to fish and she is an excellent cook. She loves a good ''tumble in the hay'' and she looks damn good on my arm when we go out to eat. I still dont know what she saw in me but I am sure glad she is near sighted......lol...
My greatest ''fault'' I can find with here is that if you tell her we will leave at ten in the morning, she is never early. I will be sitting in the coach ready to go at ten minutes before departure and she will come out at exactly ten oclock, shut the door and check the ''step'', sit down in the passenger seat and say .......'' Dont forget to close the garage door hun''.
My Willa is a blessing that God sent me after I lost my first wife and had I not met My Willa I am quite sure I would not be here now.

Nuff said for now......

Lets all thank a Vet for our freedoms.... Some died to give them to us......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote