Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
Don't worry be happy. Cheers

Some people are a mean drunk If you are a happy drunk and don't bother or hurt any one enjoy.
I agree Enjoy.

Scott Stielow IC1(SW) USN Retired
Scotty14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does a drink put me in a good frame of mine: Yes, a cup of coffee will do that for me.

Hold the Irish.

Oh, you meant liquor.. No, can't stand the stuff.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
Newmar Owners Club
Like the old coal miners in Pennsylvania used to say, "Every day above ground is a good day".
When one conciders the alternitive, alive is a GREAT thing........
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale)* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Now and then I'll have a drink or two and that does it for me. I came from an alcohol abusive family so I watch myself very closely I've seen the harm it can do and it isn't pretty. When in doubt .... don't drink.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"
-- Mark Twain
Kayjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #19
National RV Owners Club
If that is what you like and you control it and not the other way around, then sure. There are always a few around though that think being outdoors = no restraint. Those are the types that make for lots of other unhappy campers.
1999 - National Tropi Cal
sirpurrcival is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #20
I don't know about being a happy camper, but to many will make an unhappy inmate.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #21
Me and the wife do not drink , don't mind what others do as long as the don't get out of hand

Memorial weekend in cedarhill state park , took the new TT out , invited my aunt ( 66 yrs old ) and her husband , she ask to see if my other family members would come , some have not seen her in some yrs. ok ,,, 22 people show up , in the park is no open container , I tell everyone ,

My 29 yr old nephew and his cousin 20 yr old , decide to bring in vodka in bottle water bottles

I am cooking preparing lunch. , bs ing , and my nephew. Falls out of a camping chair . I help him up his mom is there , boy can not stand up .

Any way the other one starts making trouble , his mom comes over and they get into it. , my 27 yr old son is there and( 6'-2". About 240# ) Pat-
he try's to stop it , the cousin swings at Pat and he takes him to the ground
I rush over to stop it , get Pat of him and my cousin try's to kick at me , well Dad jumps on him and grabs him by the throat .

We get him up , he is drunk , yelling and cousin people out . My older brother calls 911

They put my nephew in the TT under ac , he jumps up and missed the step and falls face down , now the wife is involved . She tells the trouble makers to leave , ambulance comes out and takes the nephew to er, police ask to take the 20 yr old home or To jail

This was suppose to be family , Bit my dysfunctional side of the family shows up

So we had a dinner and show for the other campers ???
capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
Thor Owners Club
I've found that I'm better without drinking. One was too many and five wasn't enough. Life is great but I have drinks for friends that stop by.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My DF and I can have a glass of wine together but if we drink a bottle together, all H brakes loose. So we never do.
Bob & Rita Bazley, the pups Tia & Kali ( shi-poohs)
97 Dolphin 36'
toadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
It is amazing to me how many people will subject themselves to this mild altering drug not to mention how many ways it destroys their body's and bank accounts, lives in general.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #25
Sorry mind not mild
Perhaps a drink. But only H2O for me
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
my Dr. informed me that I should have a beer or glass of wine every day as it would be good for my health. too often I forget, but I will have a social beer or glass of wine around the campfire. I figure to each his own.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Meandering Retiree View Post
my Dr. informed me that I should have a beer or glass of wine every day as it would be good for my health. too often I forget, but I will have a social beer or glass of wine around the campfire. I figure to each his own.
I heartily agree with your Dr. The body actually likes alcohol in small doses. It's when we feel that if a little is good for me, than a lot is better, that's what did me in years ago. I will not drink more than two. Not everyone is an alcoholic however. They don't feel the need to drastically alter their personalities to become a diffferent person, to help them cope,be funny, less inhibited, etc. Just my opinion coming from a family of heavy drinkers.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #28
I have a drink once in a while, most of the time with a meal. as for getting drunk... Heck no can't stand the after efeects!

Derek - Fire Battalion Chief - 04.5 Ram 2500 CTD
Teresa - Tech. Assistant - 11 Dodge Charger
11 Canyon Trail Fiver
rvluversnc93 is offline   Reply With Quote