Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2014, 12:37 AM   #1

Does age of the RV matter at mobile home parks?

I was recently talking with a group of people about my RV because I'm new to it. Someone related to me a story about a mutual friend who RVs a lot. They said that he was turned away from a park because his home was over 10 yrs old. Since mine is a 2003 I am quite concerned if this is a true story. Has anyone ever heard of that?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #2

A lot of " Upscale " parks have a ten year rule , the info is usually posted on their web pages.
Also had a friend's son turned away, from a San Fran. area park , because his TT was too small,. It was only 2 years old.
I guess some places just don't need the money.
But on the other hand , and this has been discussed at length here in the forums, it is a way for the park owners to keep their parks tidy.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:08 AM   #3

While it is true - there are parks out there that have a 10 year limit - they are few and far between.

My coach is now 21 years old. I've never been turned away from a park. Never even come across a park with that rule.

So for every park with a 10 year rule, I bet there are a 100 that don't care.

As the other poster noted. This horse has been beat to death, then beat again into hamburger meat!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:46 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an 03 as well. There are plenty of places to go that do not have an age restriction I would not/ and do not worry about this at all.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:58 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Telling him not to worry at all is misleading since places that restrict on age are in fact out there.

If you are planning a cross country trip and plan on making reservations on the fly just call in advance. Chances are better than not that they'll have no problem but the alternative is driving all the way to one and being turned away.

I ran into one that not only had age restrictions but it was restricted to Class A only. And another that wouldn't allow my motorcycle in the gates even though it was in an enclosed trailer.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I believe that many of the parks that have age restrictions are also the most expensive to stay at. If you are comfortable paying $65 per night or want to purchase a lot in the 6 figure range, the chances are you do not own a 10yr old MH. Lots of places to stay that will allow you the spot right next to me in my 2 year old coach! (and shut up those barking dogs of yours please)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #7

There are lot's of threads .... here's one:

10 Year Old Campground Rule?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
There are 2 parks within 25 - 30 miles of where I am at right now. One has a 10 yr rule and the other is 15 yrs. I know the one with the 15 yr rule does not care the age if it's just overnight (well mostly doesn't care) but if you want to stay longer then one or two nights they want a copy of your registration to prove the age. It's on their site about wanting the copy. The other we just drove thru last week and seen several older than 10yrs but it's their park and they can decide on what stays or go I guess. Considering the price we won't stay anyway.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Tom View Post
I was recently talking with a group of people about my RV because I'm new to it. Someone related to me a story about a mutual friend who RVs a lot. They said that he was turned away from a park because his home was over 10 yrs old. Since mine is a 2003 I am quite concerned if this is a true story. Has anyone ever heard of that?
Do people really camp at a mobile home park?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Camping? No but since we are in the area for a while we are staying at a mobile home park. There are some that keep spots open after the park model gets taken out and leaves them for seasonal RVer's.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ours will turn 32 come April, and we haven't been turned away yet. I think most of them go on the looks of the MH. Heck I had to take Pictures of the MH inside/out before they would give me Full Coverage on Insurance.
Refusing someone that has a motorcycle in a enclosed trailer is REALLY going overboard &
Just saying
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #12

We have a 95 class A,, never been turned away,, but we don't go to high end "resorts" .. Ours looks as good as a lot of newer ones.... IMO ... Stayed at one place that had the 10 yr rule in NM,, they looked out at the mh and never said a thing...
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
No but they do stay in them in passing through or in long term. I'm in one now as i live in my 37' DP during the week for work. Nothing wrong with it and it has the benefit of full hookups, neighbors that watch my stuff and a meager rent fee in comparison to the housing fees in the region. It also makes a nice base from which to depart from for trips as it's way closer to the coast than the S&B.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #14

You're right, people don't camp, its called "glamping" as I've been informed. And that's what we do.