Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Yeah, I think that it's pretty funny. I used to be involved with Porsches, and I was always amazed that someone would spend up to $100K for a car, and then complain that they had to spend a few bucks getting something for it.

If you really want to save money, DON'T BUY THE CAR!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #16

Camping costs and fuel are the two things we can control. So, we gripe about RV parks, stay at Walmart and drive 20 miles to save a nickel a gallon.

It is a control thing. Part of human nature.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:41 AM   #17

It's seems to me that camp ground cost aren't a drop in the bucket in the cost of owning a MH. We had neighbor who lake house was used on weekends only and during the winter he was to cheap to turn the heat on. Well he got his, froze and busted every toilet in the house. So the way I see it if it's fuel, campground cost,turning the heat on, its all cost of ownership deal with it.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:04 AM   #18

My husband and I are currently staying in a $70 per night site in a lovely campground in PA. Is it worth it...probably not but every site is filled. When it's just the two of us we tend to spurge but when we travel in a group we typically pick less expensive CG's. We enjoy ourselves no matter the cost. To us, camping is a hobby a very expensive hobby.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #19

I suppose that having a little control over travel costs that are generally out of control is a good feeling. We take advantage of clubs and discounts as well as off-season camping in great resorts. We rarely are dissatisfied and we spend about 5-6 months of the year on the road. We consider shopping around as part of the adventure of camping.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
As the saying goes : What's a couple bucks when you're having fun : . I do like the 60 dollars for 2 nights rate though. Jim
Old 08-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I stay at the cheap(er) places and give the extra cash to the (apparently deaf) people with out-of-control kids, loud dogs, and construction site generators in hopes that they will be able to afford a babysitter and leave all of them at home next time.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #22

I don't know what price has to do with kids and dogs! Camping is a wonderful family hobby and I enjoy seeing young families spending time with each other. Anyway... One would think the cheaper the price the more kids and dogs that could potentially be an annoyance.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuskirk View Post
I don't know what price has to do with kids and dogs! Camping is a wonderful family hobby and I enjoy seeing young families spending time with each other. Anyway... One would think the cheaper the price the more kids and dogs that could potentially be an annoyance.
(off topic -sorry) I see your from Kutztown! I have camped there twice a year for many years. The antique radio fest at Renninger's is every spring and fall. Been going there for years. Next one is Sept. 18,19,20. Great place for a swap meet. free camping right at your booth.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #24

Carolina Campers
Does anybody else find this kinda funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
(off topic -sorry) I see your from Kutztown! I have camped there twice a year for many years. The antique radio fest at Renninger's is every spring and fall. Been going there for years. Next one is Sept. 18,19,20. Great place for a swap meet. free camping right at your booth.

I don't see what kudzu has to do with anything... Except that it is not easy to resolve the impact it has on the beauty in camping sights in the south and therefore may raise prices of camping due to the efforts to kill it... Lol

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #25

Thanks to all, glad to know I am not alone. We had a great weekend there, had 3 other families that met us and camped with us, and it was well worth the money. My only complaint was interstate noise, but sometimes you have that.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
We used to be boaters. Gas for that wasn't cheap and you got poor gas mileage. Docking fees were comparable to campgrounds. If the weather was great we would anchor out at our favourite island and that was free. Some weekends though the little bay would fill up and inconsiderate boaters would crank up their stereos, fall asleep in drunken stupors, and the roar would last all night. As land campers now, we enjoy the fire pit and most campgrounds have a quiet rule. So we do find trailering a bit cheaper.
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Yea.... I've stayed in those $70-$75 a night CG's occasionally but it would defeat the total purpose of me trying to be frugal to spend almost $500 a week to camp.... SP's, BLM's, COE's are some of the type CG's we look for.... Not uncommon to find absolutely beautiful camp sites for less than $20 a night.... May not have sewer but usually have elec and water and use CG dump as I exit in the AM.... At those prices , I can go a lot of extra miles....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #28

Im suprised no one mentioned stopping in a parking lot or truck stop to save a camp fee and running a gas swilling generator all night for the AC. (GUILTY)
hoakken is offline   Reply With Quote