Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #15

I also drive to or from work at night ( I work shift work). The ones that bother me are the ones with a burned out light so they leave the other one on bright. On the pickups with the front end jacked up, I found out when their on bright their lights go over my head and are better than the dims.

power guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I wear a pair of Oakley's with amber lens, they are the only thing that keeps me sane at night, a couple of weeks ago I did have some little sports car that was pacing me on my left where his lights were bouncing off my side mirror, so I used the old adjustment button to turn the mirror out and down until it got him in the face - he hit the gas and got in front me real fast.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Supposedly they started in Europe as super bright white lights and have now morphed into the blue lights. I agree about the guys that jack their trucks up and not re-aim their lights.
Not trashing all bike riders,but I like to know how they get away with the excessive noise when they modify their exhaustsand pull the innards out of them. The other light thing is those bike riders that have the flashing hi-lo beams as they are going down the highway and don't realize that it irrates the heck out of folks when they're behind them because it causes stress.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #18

Or they drive with high beams so you see them...duh...

Drive sane and stop driving stupid...
Old 12-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Oh yeah. Those blue tint lights are the worst...and often illegal aftermarket bulbs.

I got some light amber glasses to cut the glare.

Safe travels
Me too! I bought 2 of the night vision glasses "as seen on TV". They really do work as advertised.
Some of those blue headlamps make me think about having a James Bond machine gun in my grill.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Some of those blue headlamps make me think about having a James Bond machine gun in my grill.
: laugh:

Jim
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, I see most of the comments are ban this and outlaw that. Is that what we really want? More useless laws that can't be or won't be enforced? If it's modified vehicles we talk about, it's people that are doing the modifying and I would bet younger people. As most of us on here are 50 plus and just might be parents, how bout we inform and teach our younger generation what works and what doesn't or just might cause a fellow driver a problem. I have a 16 year old with one of those jacked up trucks and simply asking him how he planned to re aim his headlights got the response of "oh yea dad, I forgot about that." Many problems can be fixed with a little bit of thought and simply getting the word out. I know the one comment to my son resulted in an entire high school of young boys with jacked up trucks fixing their problem in my driveway. I kid you not at least 15 of them. Legislation is a waste of time and money.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #22

Why make new rules when there are plenty already on the books that are not enforced.

Headlights already spec'd out tightly so just enforce it.

Many jacked up trucks have headlights above max height.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #23

Try driving a Corvette at nite. I'm blinded front and back by jacked up trucks.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
I do think that alignment is a major problem. The newer headlights are much tighter in terms of beam and as a partial consequence much more intense when they strike your retina. They absolutely need to be aimed slightly downward and to the right but as with so many things these days, people almost never take the time to adjust them properly and often don't have know how to do so even if they tried. Back in the good old days, we used to have annual vehicle inspections where I lived which include lights, horn, turn signals, tires, and so on including headlight adjustment. The inspection stations had the equipment to properly aim the lights and would make adjustments if they weren't correct. Of course the inspections weren't popular so they went away. Instead we got smog inspections for vehicles that almost never fail. Well, they are going away too finally.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #25

Yup...had an olf fiat x19...learned what hubcaps looked like as that was where eyes were level with.

Adjusted many a light back in the day with proper tools.

Not sure how many of the new ones work with the built into the fender stuff.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:17 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The mirrors on my corvette are so small and useless that I rarely get blinded. Most headlights are aimed ever my car LOL
Old 12-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #27

I had a Miata for a while and yeah, a lot of the time it was definitely look out the window at the hubcaps next to me

Tags
lights