Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #1

Does anyone follow Full Timer You Tube bloggers?

Was just wondering if anyone on here follows Full Time RVers who have You Tube channels.

My husband and I both follow a couple who have a You Tube channel called Long, Long Honeymoon. And we follow a family of full timers that have a You Tube channel called Keep Your Daydream.

Well last night just as it got dark an Airstream pulled in beside our lot in the RV resort that we are currently staying at in Ft. Myers, FL. I had just come in from sitting outside as the No-see-ums were getting pretty bad. This morning I went outside to our outside cooler to get some orange juice and I saw on the back of our neighbors truck it had "LongLongHoneymoon.com"!!!! It was one of the people we follow on You Tube! Couldn't believe it.

I thought if I saw them outside of their Airstream I'd go over and say hello but didn't see them once come outside. DH and I left to go get a few groceries and when we came back they were gone. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed.

So that got me to thinking.....does anyone else follow any full timers on You Tube? And if you do, who do you watch?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #2

https://www.youtube.com/user/David350Z

I watch all the same as you and David bott.
hivoltage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #3

I can't help but think that, because people watch or "follow" these people, they don't have to actually work and just get to tour the countryside. Kind of like the Kardashians. Maybe I'm sore I didn't think of it first, I would love to quit the grind and head out FT RVing. Guess I'm just old school thinking, where you actually labored for your living.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #4

Same thing happened to us

We expierienced the same thing with them. They were in Key West and pulled into Bluewater Key when we were there earlier this month. Walked by there site a number of times and never saw them outside.
Jfs999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropthejacks View Post
I can't help but think that, because people watch or "follow" these people, they don't have to actually work and just get to tour the countryside. Kind of like the Kardashians. Maybe I'm sore I didn't think of it first, I would love to quit the grind and head out FT RVing. Guess I'm just old school thinking, where you actually labored for your living.

Try to do some video editing, setup a video for yourself and then say its not work!! Listen I can't do it either, but its certainly work but as an engineer i'm just not that artistic!
Old 05-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #6

I follow a couple different channels on you tube. It's pure envy on my end. What a great way to spend the days
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:11 PM   #7

We thought about starting a video blog but decided we didn't want to hassle with it. We are retired and want to stay that way! No commitments wanted here!!! LOL
Old 05-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I agree. I wish I had the skill set to produce blogs and videos like they do. On second thought why would I want to spend all that time working when the idea its to retire from working. I do enjoy watching them though.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropthejacks View Post
No offence but I assure you that the YouTubers mentioned labor for their living. Ever write copy, shoot video or edit? It's no picnic.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #10

I dont. I do not live viciously through others. Blogs seem to be about how the blogger interprets places, food, etc. I find that most of the blogs do not reflect either my interests or the info I am looking for. Maybe I just haven’t found the right ones. Find me a blogger that full times, rides 14+ hours a week on a road bike, cooks every meal fresh, enjoys micro brews and good wine. Then maybe.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
We what several listed here but we really like "The Motorhome Experiment" and have reservations to visit several places they reviewed in the past we would of never know about.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #12

We're a family with younger kids and there are a couple of families with younger kids who full time that we follow. Even though we are not fulltimers, it's something that we can see ourselves doing more of so it's helpful to see what others are doing. Some of the channels are The Family Fulfilment Project & Keep your Day Dream. We also watch videos from the honeymoon folks & love your rv (who have both been doing this for about 10 years).

I have a YouTube channel myself with classic TV shows but I also put up other videos about our travels and I know what goes into putting them together and publishing them. So I appreciate the work that these folks put into them and know what they are making from them and it's not as much as you'd think.

These folks are basically using their lives to share information. To the persons that compared them to the Kardashians or that they don't work have no idea what they are talking about.
MapleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmrad View Post
We thought about starting a video blog but decided we didn't want to hassle with it. We are retired and want to stay that way! No commitments wanted here!!! LOL
Same here. We are young retirees (no gray hair yet!), but have no interest in vlogging our life to make a paltry penny. I like photography and text a pic to select people every few weeks just to let people know we are alive. Otherwise, no commitments and no reservations.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdavet View Post
No offence but I assure you that the YouTubers mentioned labor for their living. Ever write copy, shoot video or edit? It's no picnic.
Well said
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time, full timer