Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #1

Does anyone have experience w/Suncoast Designers

I am scheduling an appointment with Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL to repair bad seals on some of my windows and wonder if anyone has had a good or bad experience with them?

Bill Stireman
'04 Beaver Monterey
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good news

bstireman:
I've heard nothing but good news about Suncoast Designers in Hudson, Florida. I needed to have the seals replaced in all of the windows in our MH. I used Dave Root Rv Glass Repair from Bend, Oregon. They came to our location in Washington State and repaired all of our windows. They did an outstanding job. I was faced with traveling to Florida. I am sure that Sun Coast Designers will do a nice job for you in a timely and convenient manner. Class A+.
Have Fun !
Milt
Old 10-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Bill,
I can't say enough good things about my experience with Suncoast. I was there in June and had them do three windows for me. The camping spaces are a nice touch and you won't find a more professional group of folks.

The repairs were done ontime and professionaly. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had two windows fixed in March. They are great to work with. They will show you the facility and how they rebuild the windows. If and when I need additional window repair I'll go back to Suncoast.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #5

Thanks

I have an appointment with Suncoast designers in December. Thanks all.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I'm planning on stopping their during a trip to Florida this coming January. I'm real glad to hear all the positive input about them.

Thanks...
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #7

I need six windows repaired. Can they do that in one day. and can you stay until they finish the job?
seatboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
They Stand Behind Their Product

We had 2 windows repaired in 2010. In 2011, one of the windows came loose and we had to have it fixed (obviously).

We got the RV to Independence RV in Winter Garden, and called Suncoast. When I explained what had happened I was immediately transferred to the owner, and he said have Independence remove the window, crate it and send it back. They repaired it, sent it back and paid for the whole evolution.

I couldn't be happier with their product and more importantly with how they stand behind their product.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #9

We had the driver and passenger side windows rebuilt a few years back. The original business was residential windows, but the RV business is so good, there is now a big advertising billboard on I 75. They have several water & electric campsites, and a dump station. They did take two days to complete the work and left some small scratches on one window frame, but overall, everything was satisfactory. If a window space is left open, they tape a cardboard cover. Also, we were told to avoid the fall and spring "Sunbird Migration" dates because the wait time for an appointment gets quite long.

Edit: they take customers on a tour of the facility. Show how the glass is cleaned before reassembly, and use an upgraded seal.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had 3 windows done two years ago, arrived in the morning for the appointment and left early the next afternoon. Cost was less than I expected and very reasonable. One poor guy next to us had been there for two weeks as his replacement glass, which had to be custom made from the supplier with a fabricated access hole, was sent wrong twice.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:38 PM   #11

Thumbs down Suncoast windows Florida

Don’t use Suncoast. I picked up my Newell after spending $5k and on the way home the driver side window almost fell out. I had to tape it up with air blowing in. I took it to the factory so it could be fixed correctly. 50 mph all the way. Suncoast wouldn’t pay to have it fixed. They said I had to drive it back to Florida for them to pay for it! I don’t think so. I talked to Taylor on the phone and what a jerk. They say they have the best warranty in the business. If you won’t pay for your poor workmanship I’d say you don’t have a warranty at all! Do NOT use this place! I do not recommend them after this stunt. Anyone know a good attorneys?!
boeingdr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:38 PM   #12

Don’t do it
boeingdr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:01 PM   #13

I had them reseal all nine of my windows, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I took the windows out myself and had an appointment to drop them off. They accepted them right on time and had them ready to be put back in in about a weeks time. It would have been less time but they had to order tempered glass for one of the windows that had the outer glass broken out. The price was much better than anyone close to me and it was worth it to me to drive from NC to FL. The windows went back in easily and work well. Not all my windows had failed, but they cleaned and made all the windows better. I just wanted to be proactive. I am sorry someone had a negative experience, but mine was only positive.
crb478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeingdr777 View Post
Don’t do it
Do you know that you are responding to a very old thread (last post 2013)? You might get a better response by starting a new thread.
IBTripping is offline   Reply With Quote