Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #43

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
I've never stayed a state or federal park.
I hope it's not because of medical reason,you are really missing a lot of Beautiful places at a reasonable price,but of course I don't have an expensive rig so I can fit in at Stae Park's.
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
I just made reservations at Admiral Bakers in San Diego, CA for the month of December, so I guess the Military CG's are still open.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #45

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
NOPE, Nota, Never will, Who on this earth needs the government to go camping and or Rv'ing, If you do, you're not doing it right!
Tell us how to do it right!
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #46

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
We're impacted in a slightly different way. We are due to start our winter volunteer assignment at a National Wildlife Refuge in S Carolina later this month, but that will be delayed until things get back to normal.
We are scheduled to volunteer at Cape Romain NWR in May, June 2014. I hope it doesn't last that long. There are a lot of innocent people suffering because of political egos.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
We had planned to stay at NFS and BLM campgrounds on the Eastern Sierras all month. Now that's not possible. Thankfully boondocking on public lands has not been impacted so that's what we're doing instead.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #48

We winter at the LTVA in Quartzsite AZ. Right now it is closed with signs to use the free areas. It will not be good though as we have made good friends from all over that winter together. I just hope we can all end up in the same place if it stays closed.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
NOPE, Nota, Never will, Who on this earth needs the government to go camping and or Rv'ing, If you do, you're not doing it right!
Caution:
The following is facts that may not fit some people's political views. These are facts, like it or not. If you need any references or supporting documents, I will gladly make them available to any and all requestors.

While I quite agree with some of your pretense, the fact of the matter is that we have spent a year (more actually) planning an excursion to the northeast to do both leaf peeping and walking things like the Freedom Trail in Boston with grandchildren. As many of the places on the list are national monuments or parks that are now closed and not to be funded and opened by the governments of the states that they occupy, we have had to scrub the entire affair. We have lost much in reservations and other non-refundable fees and time with the grands. I will not tell you why we will probably never be able to afford this excursion again as that too might be deemed as a political statement.

Sorry Kids - I can't fix this one.

I do love the fact that many states have funded and opened parks and monuments. Too bad that doesn't affect us.

Granddad Matt - now on the GC's black list
Old 10-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #50

I think most people believe that the politicians will have this solved by the 17th or before. You might consider starting and if parks are closed for the first few days, stay elsewhere and at least do most of your trip. There are always many, many things to do other than national parks anywhere you go. All is not lost, only the first part. Good Luck and enjoy the trip as much as possible.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #51

It is not that there are not other things to do, but the reason for the tour was to attempt to saturate these kids with real history, not the revisionist C"stuff" that they were force feed when in a public school. Many ordinary people fought and died for these same rights that are now being lost to apathy and outright revisionism (lies). Now I can't walk them down the Freedom Trail, take them to Breed's Hill to touch the memorial or to the top of Mount Defiance to see where me dragged up to where they could fire on Fort Ticonderoga, or see where Washington's men camped the winter away from home fires and family or even to look at the Liberty Bell.
I was shown these same things many years ago and it left an impression that still lingers. I had hoped that the grands would get the same impressions. The elder has already gotten himself in trouble in school for asking honest but "impertinent" of his indoctrinator "teacher". So, I must be having some affect.

This was a carefully scripted plan and the timing window has not been slammed shut.

Caution: Might be considered political..
There are financial things go to happen to all of us next year. This will greatly effect the amount we will be able to travel as it will take most of our discretionary spending to pay the expected taxes and fees. Many of us will have to face this soon.

Matt - local leaf peeping just does not do it
Old 10-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #52

Going and doing making the best of a bad situation would be showing the kids the same spirit you were talking about. The heroes for whom the memorials were built had to overcome many obstacles and still were successful.

Tags
travel