Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayman View Post
agree its their park, anyone know why????
Jim
Because they assume that the lower socioeconomic bracket assoicated with owning an old RV are more likely to cause issues and are more likely to affect the perception of the park.

There's probably some truth to that, but there are also some substantial exceptions. It's an attempt to make a one-size-fits-all rule and allow owner digression based on how one's rig "looks".

If you were an owner and you wanted to keep certain elements "out" - how would you do it? You can't have people hauling to the park only to be rejected at the gate...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2016, 01:21 PM   #16

Same reason many HOA's have rules about size of houses, color schemes, landscaping, and so on. They have an interest in what comes in, what stays. They perhaps cater to a certain clientele. I'm sure I won't be a client but they can set the rules of who can be.

2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Some states make it damn near impossible to evict someone. Owners of newer rvs are less likely to be financially irresponsible, except for the purchase of the newer rv. If someone decides to over stay their money and welcome, the property owners have an ugly and expensive problem. The unintended but easily foreseeable consequence of stupid legislation favoring squatters over property owners.

While I agree with you , that's also a bit of an over generalization , but one I'm kinda ok with.
I am fairly financially responsible , but I'll never make enough money to justify buying anything that new . It is what it is .
Old 03-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our Dutch Star was 13 years old when we traded it, never had a problem getting into any park we wanted.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #19

Tried to make a reservation at a park who told me they would have to weigh my dog. He's a 54# basset (40# limit) They missed a chance to have the best dog in the world as a guest...
Old 03-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
our former motorhome was a 87 but was like new in and out stayed
at two parks with that rule one look out the window and we were
welcome
Old 03-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I never had the problem, but then I don't stay in those kind of places.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Some states make it damn near impossible to evict someone. Owners of newer rvs are less likely to be financially irresponsible, except for the purchase of the newer rv.
Wow that is a cheap shot, just because we bought new doesn't mean we, or others, are "financially irresponsible". I bought new because that's what I wanted, and I'll match my financial responsibility against anyone's, and that is probably why we were able to buy new, but that is another topic.

As to the rule, I really believe that is so they can keep the riff/raff out, and not be told they are violating anyone's right's. It's all how you take care of your stuff, I have seen a lot of rigs that are 15-20 years old and still look like new, that's pride of ownership. But then you see those MH's that shouldn't even be on the road, then they park next to you and of course everything leaks, because they don't take care of it. We have had that happen with their sewer rolling under our MH. We had to move and the CG owner was trying to get them out but they had paid for two weeks. Now you have a problem and no way to get them out. It was resolved but why should the owner even of had to deal with it. I'm sure if he had the photo prior he would have never been let them in to begin with. I guess that's the beauty of ownership, you get to make the rules. My bet is most people who are on this forum would have a problem getting in if they sent them a photo of their rig.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I understand the parks are trying to keep out perceived undesirables (addicts, heavy partiers, those unwilling to pay fees when due, etc.) and with laws the way they are and difficulty of evicting someone, they do what they can. But I would think long and hard before knowingly staying at a park that chose to identify a person by the age of their coach or economic position in life. For me it is about character and to be honest, I canít really think of anyone I have met on the road I wouldnít want to camp next to.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Mike, I assume you meant Wouldn't ? :-)
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #25

Does your RV qualify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUU View Post
My money and I make the rules.

That is after all the Golden Rule...

"He who has the gold, makes the rules! " 😄
Old 03-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
But I would think long and hard before knowingly staying at a park that chose to identify a person by the age of their coach or economic position in life.
I don't think it has anything to do with that. You don't have to be rich or young to have pride of ownership and take care of your stuff. I think the fact that you don't take care of your stuff is indicative of your Character. I do think though that there are some people out there who don't care about anyone but themselves, and will do anything they want. We had an experience where this RV drives in, terrible shape, hasn't been washed in years, broken windows ect. Out jumps three men and three women, all in who appeared to be in their late twenties/early thirties. They had all the nice lawn chairs ect, dressed nice, and plenty of marijuana and alcohol. By 8 pm that night they had fought with two other campsite occupants, fought amongst themselves, ended up in two of them stabbing each other and a 911 call with all of them going to jail. Being a witness to this the Officer commented to me that the owner should have taken one look at the MH and not let them in to begin with, not really fair to all those who have character and do take care of their stuff.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
I understand the parks are trying to keep out perceived undesirables (addicts, heavy partiers, those unwilling to pay fees when due, etc.) and with laws the way they are and difficulty of evicting someone, they do what they can. But I would think long and hard before knowingly staying at a park that chose to identify a person by the age of their coach or economic position in life. For me it is about character and to be honest, I can’t really think of anyone I have met on the road I wouldn’t want to camp next to.
All True But the law won't let you "decide" someones character as a Park owner . It will let you set "age" rules that you may or may not bend a little. There are a few "snob" parks to be sure , but most are just protecting themsevles and you. Send the pic and no question. Why get all worked up. If it bugs someone that much don't stayor buy a park and set your own rules (you might be surprised by how a small % of people can be a real challenge) my reference point is I Knew a park owner .they gave it up. and a Bro. in law was a cop
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #28

"No Shirt No Service"

"We Reserve the RIGHT to Refuse Service"

"Smoke Free Area"

"Do NOT Enter"

"All Pets must be on a Leash"

"Children MUST be Accompanied by an Adult"

"Touching High Voltage Wires Causes Instant Death----$200 Fine"