Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #127
Pnr

If they just had a six footer they would not be able to let fluffy run into your site to dump a load !
20 foot much better.
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr View Post
If they just had a six footer they would not be able to let fluffy run into your site to dump a load !
20 foot much better.
If it's not fluffy: it's honey;baby; or sweety.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #129
Moderator Emeritus

OK guys, the point's been made so let's move on and get away from antagonistic posts.

Thank You

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #130

Texas Boomers Club

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #131

Gulf Streamers Club
My dog is only a 4 footer, does that mean he doesn't need a leash?

Let's agree we'll disagree on this issue. People who love the companionship of a dog should clean up and control their pet. People who don't own or like dogs will object to the poo, pee, and barking.

I thought diapers and crying babies were icky until we had a couple of rug rats of our own. As I've gotten older, I have to remind myself of those days to keep from getting irritated when I hear a baby or smell a diaper.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we just get along?"

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post

Rusty
I see your little guys up there; but I can't figure what their doing? eating potato chips?
I understand the smile faces; the frones the bang the head the dancing guy smack his head but what do your guys susposed to represent?
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #133

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
I see your little guys up there; but I can't figure what their doing? ....but what do your guys susposed to represent?
If you'll position your cursor over any emoticon here on iRV2, you'll see its name. In this case, it's "popcorn".

The little fellas are just sittin' back, munching popcorn and watching the show......

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #134

So are us dog lovers. LOL>
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #135

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
If you'll position your cursor over any emoticon here on iRV2, you'll see its name. In this case, it's "popcorn".

The little fellas are just sittin' back, munching popcorn and watching the show......

Rusty
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #136

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
...People who don't own or like dogs will object to the poo, pee, and barking...
I'm a dog lover but I also object to poo, pee, and barking. I alwsy made my dogs behave and cleaned up after them and I expect the same from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
...I thought diapers and crying babies were icky until we had a couple of rug rats of our own. As I've gotten older, I have to remind myself of those days to keep from getting irritated when I hear a baby or smell a diaper...
I had two children and still love children. However, I still feel parents should be considerate of others. Yes, babies will cry, that doesn't bother me, but there is no need to continue to subject other people to the crying after they start. My ex and I didn't get to go out much when our kids were young because we didn't want them to disturb others and for us to have to miss half of a movie or a meal at a retaurant because one of them got restless or started to cry and we had to take them out. Taking a baby to a movie is inconsiderate of other movie goers. Even worse is taking a small child to a movie. Their attention spans just aren't that long and they will get restless.

I guess I've been lucky because I've never smelled a diaper (or I'm immune after dealing with them).

It all boils down to consideration for others plus not letting people take advantage of you.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #137
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz...

I'm a dog lover but I also object to poo, pee, and barking. I alwsy made my dogs behave and cleaned up after them and I expect the same from others.

I had two children and still love children. However, I still feel parents should be considerate of others. Yes, babies will cry, that doesn't bother me, but there is no need to continue to subject other people to the crying after they start. My ex and I didn't get to go out much when our kids were young because we didn't want them to disturb others and for us to have to miss half of a movie or a meal at a retaurant because one of them got restless or started to cry and we had to take them out. Taking a baby to a movie is inconsiderate of other movie goers. Even worse is taking a small child to a movie. Their attention spans just aren't that long and they will get restless.

I guess I've been lucky because I've never smelled a diaper (or I'm immune after dealing with them).

It all boils down to consideration for others plus not letting people take advantage of you.
Wish all dog owners had the same perspective as you. Refreshing, thanks
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #138

I have mixed emotions about this thread. On one hand, I am interested because of our two fur ball travelling companions....on the other hand, I find it very hard to take it seriously when the debate centers on the length of one's leash or whether someone plans to take my picture and report me when I let my unleashed dog run from my MH to my car.

About 16mo. ago we decided to leave our stressful life golfing, deep sea fishing and drinking margaritas in Cabo San Lucas and explore some more of N. America. Our decision to purchase a MH was almost entirely predicated on our two furry friends - Sandy & Chiquita. We have now been travelling full time for almost 500 days (20K) and in that time we have stayed at literally dozens of campgrounds, RV parks, RV Resorts, etc. (so far we have avoided Walmart and isolated BLM lands).....and at no time have we ever stepped in any dog feces, been attacked by an unleashed dog, been kept awake by a barking dog or been bothered by the length of someone's leash. We have stayed in dirty sites (cigarette butts), stepped on discarded baby diapers, been spooked by unleashed cats at night and kept awake by crowing roosters.....big deal.

On the other hand, our dog friends have made us a considerable number of new human friends. It seems that Sandy & Chiquita are far less inhibited about meeting and introducing themselves to other dogs and other campers than we are. It seems that other people are also far less inhibited about meeting us when they can come over to pet our fur balls. Sandy & Chiquita also get us out of our MH and into the RV Park because....unfortunately we have not yet trained them to use the Dometic SeaLand. Of course, we use do not allow them to run free (not sure our leash(s) are DOT approved at 6', I'll measure them tommorrow if I have time before my golf game), or pee on your site and we carry "bio-degadable" poop bags...come-on folks we are dog owners not savages...we also have ice in our Scotch!

We have also lived in a resort town (Cabo) for over 10yrs and our dogs have been a constant source of pleasure for countless people who have had to leave "fluffy" at home with relatives/friends or in the kennel. We can't walk much more than 10' before we meet new people form all over N. Americia and while the conversation starts with "the dog" it usually ends up all over the map.

My point.....for all of you who seem to hate (or at least severely dislike) the furry canine crowd....get over it....meet a dog today or tommorrow and spend some getting to know them...quite worrying about whether or not they are going to pee on your leg or bite your toe....they are great people and they never judge you by your cloths, your rig, your money or your choice of music.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234
...meet a dog today or tommorrow ...they are great people and they never judge
?????.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolson3 View Post
as we have traveled from Mn to Alaska, stopping in many campgrounds, and boondocking, I would like to vent a bit. It seems that there are only a few that travel without dogs, and that is fine for those choosing to. It would be nice if dog owners would clean up after their pets. No matter where we stopped we had to tip toe through dog poop. I saw one man at a rest stop, let his dog out to run, feed and water, then wait for him to do his business. The dog did, he put him back in the truck and left. Every rest stop, picnic area and campground. I am tired of it. Please, please clean up so others are not left with crap on their shoes. Hard for kids to play in these areas. Have some courtesy
UMMMmmmm - sorry, but you are posting all this on the wrong board - ALL pet-owning folks here truly LOVE their well-trained and properly controlled dogs, and other various assorted pets, and NONE of their dogs bark, poop, or are in ANY way the slightest annoyance to RVing fellow campers - in fact, all other RVers love and adore the dogs/pets every bit as much as their owners do.

SO, you'd be well advised to take your "undisciplined pets and inconsiderate pet owners" rant somewhere else, cuz they simply CAN'T be applied to ANYONE on THIS board...

(Sarcasm mode OFF)
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote