Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #141
laj

To funny
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #142

Thank you Jack 1234, you have a great perspective and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I meet more people through Sam than I do in any other way. I have often felt that if we could live our lives as our dogs do - live and let live, forgive, forget and get over it = we would be far better off and have a lot less stress in out lives.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
UMMMmmmm - sorry, but you are posting all this on the wrong board - ALL pet-owning folks here truly LOVE their well-trained and properly controlled dogs, and other various assorted pets, and NONE of their dogs bark, poop, or are in ANY way the slightest annoyance to RVing fellow campers - in fact, all other RVers love and adore the dogs/pets every bit as much as their owners do.

SO, you'd be well advised to take your "undisciplined pets and inconsiderate pet owners" rant somewhere else, cuz they simply CAN'T be applied to ANYONE on THIS board...

(Sarcasm mode OFF)
I see your sarcasm mode is off; does that mean you truly believe what your post says; if so; every dog lover that has posted on this thread will love you; it discribes their pets to a T.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #144
KAS

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolson3 View Post
as we have traveled from Mn to Alaska, stopping in many campgrounds, and boondocking, I would like to vent a bit. It seems that there are only a few that travel without dogs, and that is fine for those choosing to. It would be nice if dog owners would clean up after their pets. No matter where we stopped we had to tip toe through dog poop. I saw one man at a rest stop, let his dog out to run, feed and water, then wait for him to do his business. The dog did, he put him back in the truck and left. Every rest stop, picnic area and campground. I am tired of it. Please, please clean up so others are not left with crap on their shoes. Hard for kids to play in these areas. Have some courtesy
My sympathy! I hate it when other dog owners fail to pick up, or permit their dogs to soil where children can be expected to be playing. I pick up after mine, and try to keep them pottying along parking areas and not in areas where kids are likely to be running about playing ball or other games.

But try not to blame all of us for what a few do. It only takes a couple people with big dogs leaving big piles to make ALL the dog owners look bad. That said, there is NO excuse at all for not picking up after your own dog!!

Pet peeve of mine and I DO like to travel with my dogs.
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #145

Whats funny is that at the dog park I never see big dog poop left un-picked up but tons & tons of little dog poop. I think maybe the little ones take off & are less likely to be seen squatting... who knows. lol
Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #146

Famous words of 'ALL' DOG OWNERS------i "always" pick up after my dogs; they then say it;s some one else; not me.

It;s like walking through a mine field at the rest stops.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #147
Moderator Emeritus

I agree that the rest stops are shameful.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #148

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Famous words of 'ALL' DOG OWNERS------i "always" pick up after my dogs; they then say it;s some one else; not me.

It;s like walking through a mine field at the rest stops.
I agree. I am a small dog caretaker (4 of them ) and it's no small chore picking up after them. But I DO. Just spent another $35+ for a bigger, taller, pooper scooper so I don't have to bend down as far. It works great.

That being said, there are many folks who don't care, are too lazy, or just plain old don't give a **mn. They do spoil it for all of us. But that is humanity, flawed and imperfect. Many groups have this minority of people that do not represent the majority. Responsible animal caretakers get a bad rap being lumped in with those that aren't. I have picked up many other unknown poop in my area just because I don't like my dogs, me, or guests walking in it either, not to mention those judgemental, jump to conclusion people out there might think I was one of the minority lazy caretakers....
Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
An observation on life. There are only three types of people worth knowing. Those that have a dog, those that had a dog, and those that want a dog.
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #150

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I agree that the rest stops are shameful.

Rick
Yes, and I've run across Horse poop too at them!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater
An observation on life. There are only three types of people worth knowing. Those that have a dog, those that had a dog, and those that want a dog.
Right on!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #152

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
We travel with a cat. He is my buddy & no one ever steps in his pooooo or has to listen to him when we are away. I'm just so tired of listening to dogs with owners which seem to be clueless as to how disturbing their dogs are.

XX2
Old 08-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #153

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post

It may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone subscribes to your philosophy on life.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #154

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote