Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz...

Many places do charge extra for children (and any other extra people above two).

Children usually don't poop in the playground.

The convenience store is self supporting through excessive prices. The cost of the club house, pool, tennis courts, etc. is included in the space rent so you are paying for them.

If you actually talked to a CG representive that way, I wouldn't blame them for saying you are unwelcome.
Hey we don't agree. No big deal....many, many businesses are starting to adopt "a la carte" pricing. The airlines are a classic example....luggage = extra charge...snack/meal = extra charge....soft or alcoholic drink....= extra charge....movie/entertainment system headphones = extra charge...way things are going pretty soon if you want a seat = extra charge...the bathroom = extra charge!

So in your CG would you be charging for............?

Dogs = extra charge.

Children = extra charge.

More than 2 adults = extra charge.

Wi-Fi = extra charge.

Cable TV = extra charge.

Premium Site = extra charge

50 Amp Service = extra charge

Dump Station = extra charge.

So........I'm curious.....how many of you out there are in favor of all this "a la carte" pricing or are you JUST in favor of charging extra to pet owners?
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #198
szy

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is just price gouging and I try to avoid those kind of places when I can
szy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #199

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Hey we don't agree. No big deal....many, many businesses are starting to adopt "a la carte" pricing. The airlines are a classic example....luggage = extra charge...snack/meal = extra charge....soft or alcoholic drink....= extra charge....movie/entertainment system headphones = extra charge...way things are going pretty soon if you want a seat = extra charge...the bathroom = extra charge!

Dogs = extra charge.

Children = extra charge.

Wi-Fi = extra charge.

Cable TV = extra charge.

So........I'm curious.....how many of you out there are in favor of all this "a la carte" pricing or are you JUST in favor of charging extra to pet owners?
Many campgrounds are already doing most, if not all, of that. It is only fair that people only pay for what they actually use. Btw, the extra charge for children/extra people is to cover the cost of increased water usage (sewage charges are usually based on water usage) and trash pickup.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post

Dogs = extra charge.

Children = extra charge.

Wi-Fi = extra charge.

Cable TV = extra charge.

You left out one major charge... CATS, charge double because they are so creepy.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz...
It is only fair that people only pay for what they actually use.
Hey we do agree.......

1) I always ask CG's that charge me "extra" for my dogs if they'll waive the fee if I don't use their dog park & if I promise to pick-up their poo. NO luck so far.....the fee is NOT optional......so rather than be confrontational I make sure the furry kids crap all over their campground....after all .....I'm paying for the clean-up services and I don't want some guy loosing his job because he's got nothing to do.

2) We often find ourselves (particularly in the off-season) at CG's with swimming pools that are closed! I always ask for a discount off the nightly fee...in fact I usually try to register in my bathing suit and blow-up floater so my disappointment is more genuine when they tell me it's closed....NO luck on the discount thing do far!

3) Further to point #2 .........I usually also ask for a discount in a la carte CG's that charge me for my dogs, Wi-Fi, 50 Amp power, etc., since we don't use the public bathroom/showers, the children's playground, the clubhouse, the cable TV, the shuffle board/tennis courts.....in fact in some CG's we use so little of the amenities, I'm thinking of asking them to pay me to stay there!

So far....NO luck on getting any discounts, but I have been lucky enough to get space at the ABC campground just down the road. I don't get it....why do they get annoyed with me...... if CG's want to adopt a la carte pricing, I don't have a problem as long as it works both ways...I use it, I pay for it....I don't use, I don't pay for it.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #202

I"m with you %100
Why should I pay for something I"m not going to use.
The campground that I go to a lot upped their fee $4.00 per night because they put in shower rooms. I use my own, but I still have to pay the extra fee.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #203
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
I"m with you %100
The campground that I go to a lot upped their fee $4.00 per night because they put in shower rooms. I use my own, but I still have to pay the extra fee.
Ditto. I'd be all for a la carte if, when they converted to that pricing structure they rolled back their standard price to something lower than it was before the change. Many time we only use electric and never use shower, pool, etc.

I'm good with paying for dogs if they have a dog run under that structure too but I'm guessing it's all come about in the form of add on's rather than a restructuring of their pricing.

We've been touring Canada for the past three weeks and came across the funniest add on yet last week. Staying a few days near Quebec City they wanted $5 for 2 adults to spend 20 minutes in their hot tub.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
You left out one major charge... CATS, charge double because they are so creepy.

Now THAT is funny
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post

What are you doing sneaking into other people's RV to see their cats? Stay out of their RVs.

If you want to see creepy, just watch some of the humans walking around the CGs these days..
Old 09-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
I"m with you %100
Nothing is FREE at the CGs and Resorts. If they advertise free wifi or cable etc, someone is paying for it and it's not them. They'll pass the cost to everyone even though they don't want, or use, those amenities. I think those who use and want those amenities should be the ones paying for them. Charging people extra for dogs is outrageous since they don't use the pool or showers...... if they have a dog park, and a few CG we've seen do, they can charge something like $1 a day for people to use them.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
Now THAT is funny
Three most creepy things I know of:

1. Cats
2. Clowns
3. Cats that dress up like Clowns. This one makes me short of breath and gives me nightmares.

Scares me to even talk about it...... "Ain't Skeered except when it comes to Cats & Clowns".

Old 09-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Many campgrounds are already doing most, if not all, of that. It is only fair that people only pay for what they actually use. Btw, the extra charge for children/extra people is to cover the cost of increased water usage (sewage charges are usually based on water usage) and trash pickup.
That would be understandable as long as it were a site with hook ups, cause silverwood charges extra & there were no hook ups.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #209

Monaco Owners Club
I always carry an extra bag of two in my pocket. I treat the "extra" poo like divots on the golf green........make one fix two

Yes, they are "pigs", but it isn't the dogs fault

Pawnotes (aka Dave n Carla)
Jack n Kelly the ESS Furkids
2000 Monaco Diplomat 38A
2012 FJ Cruiser (Red) 4x4
pawnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
What are you doing sneaking into other people's RV to see their cats? Stay out of their RVs.

If you want to see creepy, just watch some of the humans walking around the CGs these days..
Rest assured I won't be sneaking around in your RV.