Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
I walk mine on 6 ft leashes with bag carriers attached. My biggest pet peeve is the retractable 15 ft + leashes that I usually get wrapped around my legs.
Try leaving it in the un-locked mode. It takes up the slack you walk over. I never get tangled up with it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Question I would like answered:

I see a lot of dogs on what I call a urealy" do these dog owners realy believe this is following the rule that says 6 foot leash; when this urealy will let a dog out 15 feet.
This is a 15 foot leash that can be wound up to 6 feet; it's not a 6 foot leash.
Reelly, what kind of wine do you want with that whine? I always "real" Sadie in if I'm near other people and let her spool the "real" out in any open areas. Sometimes, I have to tighten the drag so she doesn't get that sudden stop.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #30

We live across the street from a lake with a walking/running path that is used almost 24/7. It amazes us how many people let their dogs poop right on the concrete path and don't clean it up!!! Never mind letting them go on the grass and leaving it. I must say we've not encountered that many irresponsible people in our camping travels. For the most part, I think campers are a considerate group. There are always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch.....

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver
2007 Mandalay Valencia 38' w/Blue Ox & Air Force One
2012 Honda CRV toad

Old 05-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #31

Ask any ranger what they have the most complants about in their campgrounds.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #32
laj

Well it's real easy to cure and get the owners.
I carry a pocket digital with me take a picture when you see a dog off leash along with owner. Go back to mh, print all pictures along also with their vehicle lic. Call local Leo, hand all pics and file formal complaint. The owner will get the fine and they aren't cheap. With confronted with ticket and pic all they can do is pay. Locals love it no court expense and pays off like a slot machine. Works as well for failure to pick-up
Old 05-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Try leaving it in the un-locked mode. It takes up the slack you walk over. I never get tangled up with it that way.

Reelly, what kind of wine do you want with that whine? I always "real" Sadie in if I'm near other people and let her spool the "real" out in any open areas. Sometimes, I have to tighten the drag so she doesn't get that sudden stop.
Ok thats one for a 15 foot leash; And I don;t care what the rules are.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Great!!! Idea!!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #35

I always carry extra bags not to give to anyone else but so I can pick up after other dogs. I pick up as much for others as I do my own. It isn't a big thing.

I carry a bat for the dogs that are off leash. I and my dog have been attached twice by dogs that the owner said will not go after you. I like the idea of a camera and think I will begin to carry one.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #36

Those that use the 15 foot urealy sure have been quiet. have they realized that its not a 6 foot leash?
I realy hate those things; they will give the dog the full length; to run up in your site and do there business. If no one is looking they just keep on going. ask me how I know.
I don't dislike dogs, just the uncarring owners.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Those that use the 15 foot urealy sure have been quiet. have they realized that its not a 6 foot leash?
I realy hate those things; they will give the dog the full length; to run up in your site and do there business. If no one is looking they just keep on going. ask me how I know.
I don't dislike dogs, just the uncarring owners.
a) You do that
b) You want to do that
c) You used to do that
d) All of the above
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #38

We have/travel with two retired/rescued greyhounds and one ornery weiner dog. I ALWAYS pick up after all three of them. I also have 3 X-pens that I use to prevent an unwanted escape of the greys. I attach the end of a pen on each side of the door and this prevents unwanted escapes and also prevents a loose dog from coming into my sight and starting a fight with one of my greys. Greys are not fighters, have very thin skin and could really get hurt if attacked by a loose dog.

I can't stand folks that just "magically" never see their dog poop and continue walking.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #39

I hold these truths to be self evident -

1 - People eat, therefore, people poop. They seem to know where to go.

2 - Pets eat, therefore, pets poop. Some people seem to not know what to do in this situation. This is NOT rocket science.

3 - IF you own a pet carry the equipment to deal with the problem ALWAYS.

4 - It is real simple, UNLESS you are "REAL SIMPLE".

5 - SOME pet owners are "REAL SIMPLE"

6 - It is very hard to fix STUPID.

7 - not all pet owners are stupid - but some are.

8 - This has been an ongoing problem for years, and will likely carry on.

9 - see rule 6.

10 - If you are a good pet owner you will pick up after your pet, if not - try to handle STUPID and have a good day.

bbt

Barry,Margie & Zeah (the wonder Sheltie)
bigbluthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #40

I look at it this way...I don't like to step in dog doo... So I pick up after my pooches, since I don't want to step in the stuff and don't think any one else does either. Those dog bag dispensers that attach to the leash are great. I have what I need to do the job. Yes I sometimes look funny carrying my little pink packages to the garbage but it's ok I won't have to worry about stepping in some unwanted stuff. As for leashes, if I didn't keep my two on leashes I would have to play "come chase me mommy" with two dogs going in two directions and they run faster than me so mine are always leashed, even when they are in the ex pen.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
a) You do that
b) You want to do that
c) You used to do that
d) All of the above
Answered questions in order:
#1 don't want to do that
#2 never did that ( had a dog; died of old age)
#3 none of the above; my dog stayed in a kennel when we were camping.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
#3 none of the above; my dog stayed in a kennel when we were camping.
From your comments on this and numerous other dog-related threads, I'm assuming your true underlying position is that pets shouldn't be allowed in campgrounds and have no place in the RVing world. Would that be accurate?

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote