Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
5 - SOME pet owners are "REAL SIMPLE"

6 - It is very hard to fix STUPID.

7 - not all pet owners are stupid - but some are.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 should be changed to read......"5 - SOME pet owners are "REAL STUPID".

#6 has been proven for many centuries.

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #44

The only time I would ever leave my dog in a kennel is if either of us needed some body work and I had no one else to look after or take care of her. She would be soooo sad. Hurt my feelings.... Make me cry..........

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
Well it's real easy to cure and get the owners.
I carry a pocket digital with me take a picture when you see a dog off leash along with owner. Go back to mh, print all pictures along also with their vehicle lic. Call local Leo, hand all pics and file formal complaint. The owner will get the fine and they aren't cheap. With confronted with ticket and pic all they can do is pay. Locals love it no court expense and pays off like a slot machine. Works as well for failure to pick-up
What a great idea.....think of all the possible ways you could expand on this brilliant concept. When you're not out policing dogs & their owners you could .....

1) Nab all those irresponsible "jaywalkers".....It really gets under my skin when people can't be bothered to walk to the corner!

2) Stake-out a stop sign and catch anyone who makes a rolling stop.....These people are always in such a hurry.

3) Prowl the downtown streets for parking meter violators......Metermaids would swoon at your feet.

4) Of course the yellow light violators would need a bit of planning to catch the right angle for the photo.

5) You'd need a wide angle lens and razor sharp timing or perhaps a video camera, but it should not be too hard to set-up a " sting" which would nab people who don't wait their turn at 4way Stops!!!

Aaaahhhhh.....the possibilities are endless.....and all the time you would be raising much needed $$$$ for local communities......ensuring that local police officers are doing there job to enforce and curb those irresponsible, reckless, uncaring, selfish, boorish, ignorant people. More vigilantly justice....that's what we need!

Ridding the world of off-leash dogs......one " perp" at a time.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #46

Perp or poop at a time?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #47

Too many people are inconsiderate pigs and the way they discipline their pets is just one ramification of it.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #48
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234

What a great idea.....think of all the possible ways you could expand on this brilliant concept. When you're not out policing dogs & their owners you could .....

1) Nab all those irresponsible "jaywalkers".....It really gets under my skin when people can't be bothered to walk to the corner!

2) Stake-out a stop sign and catch anyone who makes a rolling stop.....These people are always in such a hurry.

3) Prowl the downtown streets for parking meter violators......Metermaids would swoon at your feet.

4) Of course the yellow light violators would need a bit of planning to catch the right angle for the photo.

5) You'd need a wide angle lens and razor sharp timing or perhaps a video camera, but it should not be too hard to set-up a " sting" which would nab people who don't wait their turn at 4way Stops!!!

Aaaahhhhh.....the possibilities are endless.....and all the time you would be raising much needed $$$$ for local communities......ensuring that local police officers are doing there job to enforce and curb those irresponsible, reckless, uncaring, selfish, boorish, ignorant people. More vigilantly justice....that's what we need!

Ridding the world of off-leash dogs......one " perp" at a time.
Hey you have something for what bothers you to clean up. As you can see by the post dog owners as well as non owners agree , you own a dog, take care of your responsibility, no one appears to enjoy it. I always carry a camera for pics of scenic views easy to snap a few more.
Also campground owners appreciate it.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #49

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Perp or poop at a time?
In this case they are one and the same. Now get out from under that chair so we have a clear shot at you.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #50

Gulf Streamers Club
Boy, this thread started out with crap and hasn't improved. I'm DOG GONE.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #51

Like I said before, yet I say it again...if you're that miserable of a person that you need something to complain about just stay home. It amazes me the toolbags that roam this world today. Enjoy the experience infringement of you instead of faulting the world.

To Kodak man...snap a picture of me when I have my dogs on their retractable leashes. When there are other campers around or we are near the campsites, my dogs will be drawn in to 3' or less. In an open area where my dogs will not bother anyone else they'll each have 16' of freedom. Make sure to snap my picture though!

Since us 'terrible dog owners' are ruining campgrounds one at a time I surely hope you can still go to the pet free campgrounds to avoid us. Until then don't come around my trash bag on my site, I'd hate you to see my tiny poop bags in that trash bag and cause your next emotional breakdown.

Here's to hoping you can all purchase 15,000 acres and put your rv in the middle away from us!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #52
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC

From your comments on this and numerous other dog-related threads, I'm assuming your true underlying position is that pets shouldn't be allowed in campgrounds and have no place in the RVing world. Would that be accurate?

Rusty
Well, gee now that you brought it up.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Ok folks, let's please tone it down a bit. It's getting personal and off topic.

Thank You

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #54
Pnr

Were you referring to me ?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #55

We mostly trail ride with our horses. Of course the horse camp has many others there too. No one picks up the horse manure. That is just part of the camping experience. Besides, it is easy to see the big balls of manure before stepping in it. But, I do take my two little paps way out where no one walks and they prefer to poop in leaf litter in the wooded area where no one is anyway. We clean our stalls ouselves twice a day for the horses. Try dodging big manure road apples. hahah If we ever stay in a campground without the horses, we will pick up the little poopies. As long as we can get in the saddle, we will continue to ride. me-64, hubby-66. Still working in our own business.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr View Post
Were you referring to me ?
I'm referring to the tone the thread has taken and asking members' help in bringing it back in line. If I have something to say to only one person I'll do it via PM.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote