Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #85

HHMMM, sorry, don't like to argue over a dead subject.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #86

I wish I knew when some of these people were camping next to me. Each bag containing poop would be left on the step of their rig. Every time they step out, and ironically into the bag, I'd smile a greet them "look I cleaned up after my dogs again!"

Old 06-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
You know, if you look for crap, you'll find it. I dislike seeing cigarette butts everywhere, but I don't let other people's piggish behavior ruin my day. The same people that don't clean up after their dogs probably are the ones that throw down butts, fast food wrappers, and even dirty diapers. You're complaint on this forum probably won't reach the people that need to hear it, they can't read.
When stepping on a cigarette butt you do not get crap on your shoe, and it doesn't smell like s--t. When you step in a pile of dog poop your have a mess on your shoe and it smells like s--t, because it is.
Dog and human feces is a toxic waste and should be treated as such! How much toxic waste, dog feces, dumped into our landfills daily? Cannot dump human feces there, but animal, pet, feces is OK????
Houston, we have a problem.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #88
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Do you honestly think that all the droppings from planet earth's wildlife go through sewage treatment plants? Ditto cattle, sheep, goats, horses and other agricultural animals on free range. Where do these droppings wind up? Having grown up on a cattle ranch, my guess is lying on the ground until they decompose. You really don't want to know what farmers do with the animal waste from corrals, barns, etc. - have you heard of a manure spreader?

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #89
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC
Do you honestly think that all the droppings from planet earth's wildlife go through sewage treatment plants? Ditto cattle, sheep, goats, horses and other agricultural animals on free range. Where do these droppings wind up? Having grown up on a cattle ranch, my guess is lying on the ground until they decompose. You really don't want to know what farmers do with the animal waste from corrals, barns, etc. - have you heard of a manure spreader?

Rusty
Rusty, farm animal poo is not dangerous compared to dog poo. Dogs are carnivorous therefore huge bacteria problem, it's dangerous. You might wanna google that before coming to conclusions. Also does your dog lick your face or give you kisses ? Just trying to decide if I saw you in a campground.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #90
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Try that "No Pets" campground I suggested. Then you won't have to worry about me and my Shelties being anywhere around you. That'll make us both happy, right???

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #91
Moderator Emeritus

We're getting WAY too personal here folks. Please tone it down and stay on topic.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #92

Seems reasonable , stay at " no pet" campsites
Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #93

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Come on folks...

I think y'all are starting to...

Old 06-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #94
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by athuddriver View Post
Come on folks...

I think y'all are starting to...

Where we live, lots of folks have horses and you have to watch for horse poo in the road....Dog poo is minor.

But I grew up in the country and you learn to walk around it if you don't want to step in it.

Ken

Ken
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr View Post
Rusty, farm animal poo is not dangerous compared to dog poo. Dogs are carnivorous therefore huge bacteria problem, it's dangerous. You might wanna google that before coming to conclusions. Also does your dog lick your face or give you kisses ? Just trying to decide if I saw you in a campground.
We eat food that has been fiterlized with cattle waste every day;
Question?
Would we eat that same food if we knew the farmer got his firtilizer at the dog pound and the firtilizer was made from dog poo?. I think not.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #96

Pig food comes from restaurant waste , meat seafood everything goes in . The pig waste is then spread on crops !!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #97

Quote:
I have seen, not ONCE but MANY times a dog curled up dog lickin his private parts. Then he jumps up and licks his owners face and lips !!!

But, I can rest assured no one on this forum allows THEIR dog to do this.... It's prolly all those inconsiderate dog owners that don't belong to this forum.
So what is your point? Now it is not the poop that offends you, it is their licking???

I believe statistics show that a large majority of households own pets, and that is reflected in the large percentage of RVers who travel with their pets. If you are one of the small percentage that are irritated by the pets and/or their owners, that is why the campground guides note whether they allow pets or NOT.

It is ridiculous to suppose that the few of you offended by the pets will be able to somehow eliminate the MILLIONS of beloved pets that travel with their "families". So either go to a NO PETS campground - or pick a site far away from the dog walk and play area. If you are on the other side of the CG, I would think that would eliminate most of the pet traffic.

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #98

Quote:
And by the way, MANY animals are carnivorous, and their poo is not dangerous and composts very well in the wild. Many poorer nations still use human waste to fertilize crops with no ill effects! Good book on the subject . . . "Holy Sh#t!" by Gene Logsden. LOL!

I'll have to watch for you in the campgrounds when I start traveling - I don't think my dog would like to stay near you.

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote