Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #99

Oh, the dead horse beating goes on. lol
It has been proved that people with pets live longer. So maybe we are the lucky ones. Let those without die sooner. hahah

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #100
Pnr

[QUOTE="Kathryn"]

So what is your point? Now it is not the poop that offends you, it is their licking???

Kate: sorry for being so vague. Let me make it a little clearer, I find both the poo and the licking offensive.

Dog owners who allow their mutts to lick their private parts, then immediately lick their owners face, will not see anything wrong with a little poo deposited around the campground !
Hey If they get it licked on their face, why should it bother me to step in it or get it on my shoes, right? Kate I don't bet but if I did, I bet you like dog kisses ?

Don't worry I stay at dog hating parks if I have a choice.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #101
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
Oh, the dead horse beating goes on. lol
It has been proved that people with pets live longer. So maybe we are the lucky ones. Let those without die sooner. hahah
Such kindness being shown, WISHING early death to someone who disagrees with you ! Where is the helpful little moderators ? Bing are you a doggie kisser ?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #102

No never wish such a thing on anyone. Only repeating what the news tells us. Pets keep up living longer.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #103

And happier with lower blood pressure
Old 06-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #104

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
In this case they are one and the same. Now get out from under that chair so we have a clear shot at you.
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #105

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
We're getting WAY too personal here folks. Please tone it down and stay on topic.

Thanks for your help.

Rick
Old 06-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #106

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The simple mechanical action of a dog's tongue can be helpful in dealing with a wound. The saliva of a dog's tongues acts to loosen any debris that may be on the surface of the wound. Any dirt or other debris will also become attached to the moisture of the saliva, thus at the very least, the area of the wound will be cleansed.

However the focus of much scientific research has been on the various antibiotic and helpful compounds which are found in a dog's saliva. The healing powers of saliva have long been suspected, because lesions inside the mouth mend more quickly and scar less than wounds on the skin. Menno Oudhoff of the University of Amsterdam found simple proteins called histatins in saliva. These are well known for their ability to ward off infections. Some histatins also prompt cells from the skin's surface (called the epithelium) to close over a wound more quickly. Oudhoff noted "The first thing that needs to happen for wound healing is to activate the migration of epithelial cells."

Dr. Nigel Benjamin, a clinical pharmacologist with St. Bartholomew's Hospital and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, claims that licking wounds is as beneficial to humans as it is to animals. His research showed that when saliva comes in contact with skin, nitrite-a natural component of saliva-breaks down into nitric oxide, a chemical compound that is effective in protecting cuts and scratches from bacterial infections. In addition, researchers at the University of Florida at Gainesville have discovered a protein called Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in saliva. Wounds doused with NGF healed twice as fast as untreated (that is unlicked) wounds.

Interesting eh?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #107

People just don't think and we are all guilty of something..some try to respect other's more then some .. my mum told me you get more done with sugar then vinegar ... Education is the key to People like this ..
thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #108

[QUOTE=Pnr;1199779]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn

So what is your point? Now it is not the poop that offends you, it is their licking???

Kate: sorry for being so vague. Let me make it a little clearer, I find both the poo and the licking offensive.

Dog owners who allow their mutts to lick their private parts, then immediately lick their owners face, will not see anything wrong with a little poo deposited around the campground !
Hey If they get it licked on their face, why should it bother me to step in it or get it on my shoes, right? Kate I don't bet but if I did, I bet you like dog kisses ?

Don't worry I stay at dog hating parks if I have a choice.
X2 you have my vote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #109

Gulf Streamers Club
Any man who does not like dogs and want them about does not deserve to be in the White House.
-Calvin Coolidge

I can tell you that I'd rather be kissed by my dogs than by some people I've known.
-Bob Barker

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

“Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.”
Gene Hill – The Dog Man

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

“The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's”
-Mark Twain

“If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.”

Happiness is a warm puppy.
-Charles M. Schulz

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #110
laj

Wow, has this thing gone way down hill and way off topic. Responsible dog owners are just as tired as non owners. 80 percent of our group are dog owners and file formal complaints. If you don't follow the cgs leash rules smile. If one of our members are there you will help the local economy. Cg owners are behind us. Irv2 has rules we all agree to abide by, so do cg
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #111

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes it has gone way down hill.

Reading the posts just confirms that there are people who are not happy unless they are complaining and telling others how to conduct their lives.This narcissistic behavior appears in dog owners and non dog owners.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #112
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
Yes it has gone way down hill.

Reading the posts just confirms that there are people who are not happy unless they are complaining and telling others how to conduct their lives.This narcissistic behavior appears in dog owners and non dog owners.
I couldn't agree more.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote