Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #43

We have noticed a few irresponsible pet owners but never to the extent where it effected our enjoyment.

Interesting, on our last trip for this year a RV pulled in late at night, the next morning around 8am the owners had left and while I was outside I could here their dog barking continuously inside their class A. Well we had left for our day trip, came back around 4pm, dog still barking but not as consistent and more softly. owners finally come back around 8pm at night. Now they could have come back during the day while we were doing our day trip (as DW quickly pointed out to me) but noticing some general observations and my gut feeling that the dog was left for 12 hrs alone... just felt bad for the dog...

Just from my experience, we have never had a major issue with the 4 legged campers, it always been the 2 legged ones we have had issues with...

Mike
mdcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #44

Before we retired our dogs were used to being left alone for 10 hours or more. The only issue I have in the coach is potty time since at home they can go outside whenever they need to.

Not sure how to solve that other than having someone take them for a walk or returning after about four or five hours then gong back out again.

Nice thing when we visit any Disney park they have a kennel so we can come back several times during the day and check on them and still spend all day at the park. Actually they require you to do that since I understand that they don't take the dogs out and walk them, you have to.

Disneyland kennel.

Sure wish more venues had kennels.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #45

Big dogs locked in Motor Home , locked in kennel............to me that's all bad.
RIDER FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER FAN View Post
Big dogs locked in Motor Home , locked in kennel............to me that's all bad.
if a dog hasn't been crate trained you'll have issues. Our dogs are crate trained plus they are used to riding in the back of our Journey, it's all in the training.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #47

We took 6 dogs 4 danes a terrier an a boxer last weekend and met up a couple who have 4collies
We went for a hike and had to leave one in the rv and i threw on an electric bark collar to make sure nobody was bothered.
Potential problem solved
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #48

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Dogs barking, kids screaming and cutting through your campsite, noisy generators, loud music, noisy diesel trucks, stinky campfires, couples fighting, drunks swearing... did I miss anything?
If camping is so bad that every little thing bothers you, maybe it's time to take up sailing!
Old 10-18-2015, 06:02 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
If camping is so bad that every little thing bothers you, maybe it's time to take up sailing!
Too much wind, too little wind. Too hot, too cold.

Kids being loud playing in the water.

Power boaters being inconsiderate.

"No one knows how to anchor properly"

Anchoring too close to other boats.

Dumping tanks in a cove.

Inflatables zipping though anchorages.

Talk about drunks, can't beat sailors for a good late and loud party.

Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #50

Rickeoni,
With due respect so I do not come across as unpleasant , most comments were opinions regarding dogs in campgrounds. Speaking for myself, I DO NOT hate everything or get aggravated easily , I love camping , meeting new people , their families , helping others with their MH's or whatever if my assistance is required.
If a group is having fun late at night or kids are running around yelling and getting crazy, great ! life is short have fun. And i don't like the water.
RIDER FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Too much wind, too little wind. Too hot, too cold.

Kids being loud playing in the water.

Power boaters being inconsiderate.

"No one knows how to anchor properly"

Anchoring too close to other boats.

Dumping tanks in a cove.

Inflatables zipping though anchorages.

Talk about drunks, can't beat sailors for a good late and loud party.

Maybe it's time to take up golfing

Just kidding folks
mdcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post
Are you saying people should not walk their dogs around the camp loop on the road?

I think that is asking too much. Dogs need to be walked and it's a pleasurable thing to do. The road is for everyone.
Sure, take a stroll around the campgroud with your dog. No problem. I'll do that too.
But pacing up and down the road 3-4 times a day giving me the stink-eye is not ok.
And the notion that dogs need to be walked is nonsense. I've had many dogs for over 40 years and never take them on regular walks. I do like walking them, but not because they need it.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Sure, take a stroll around the campgroud with your dog. No problem. I'll do that too.
But pacing up and down the road 3-4 times a day giving me the stink-eye is not ok.
And the notion that dogs need to be walked is nonsense. I've had many dogs for over 40 years and never take them on regular walks. I do like walking them, but not because they need it.
You sure wouldn't want to be in the same campground as me, because I walk my dogs A LOT and will make no apology to anybody for that..! They live for it, and I enjoy it almost as much as they do. The fact that you want to control other people's dog walking patterns is somewhat disturbing.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #54
IC2

Quote:
Sorry, but I just can't respond properly to that kind of statement without being censured by the site staff
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
I guess that you would not like me or my Springers either then. They are amazingly athletic dogs that like to walk and run. We typically circle the campgrounds 6~8 times a day to help them burn off their energy, and sometimes take them for 3~5 mile walks too. The funny thing is, we are always being stopped by people wanting to pet them. Even more so, at the places that we visit regularly people look forward to seeing them again. They are a part of us and our camping, and I wouldn't dream of leaving them home.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #56

Quote:
Guess I feel sorry for any dog you have owned in the last 40 years if you never took them for walks.
But then some people chain them to trees and call themselves pet owners.
And if you do a little research, I'm sure you will find that it is advised to walk or exercise your dog daily.
You sir sound like a real treat to camp next to.