I post this in the hopes that it might help someone else with a similar problem. Not that this post is specific to a certain type of issue, but something to just keep in mind as a general rule of thumb. Don't overthink your problem.
A personal case in point from my night tonight:
After a day of being out with the family at our current campground stop, we came back to a beeping in the RV. My first thought anytime I hear a beeping is the smoke detector (consider me trained after years of similar beeps at my non-mobile home
). After replacing the battery and realizing that this wasn't the source of my ears ringing, I noticed that the light on my LP detector had gone amber. Great! I'm fairly new to RVing and haven't had this happen before. An opportunity to learn something new. I just wish it weren't at 9:30pm when my kids were already overtired and now trying to go to sleep. Murphy's Law says it wouldn't happen at any other time though, right?
Anyway, I did what anyone looking to find an answer fast would do. I hit The Google and came across many different potential causes and solutions to why an LP detector would report a fault and beeping. Some reasonably complicated, others not. While I am sure many of these responses were legitimate causes, my advice to you is not to get bogged down in the expertise of others if you may have overlooked (or didn't know to try) one of the simplest solutions first. More experienced people may assume that you have tried all of the "obvious" things first (or at least obvious to them), but if this is the first time you are encountering a problem, little is obvious. All potential solutions should be on the table.
After burying my face in my hands a few times trying to figure out how to make the beeping stop, which included trying to find the right fuse to pull (the person that labeled the fuses has handwriting like a doctor, so this was not an easy task), I finally figured I would try holding in the test button to see what would happen. I was originally afraid to do this thinking it would send the detector into a beeping tirade like doing the same on a smoke detector would do. Apparently what this really did was reset the detector, including its alleged fault. The light came back green and it has been happy ever since. My ears are now happy as well!
So, I guess my advice to both advice givers and advice seekers is to make sure you start with the basics and not to assume that the basics are known. I learned something new tonight and am glad the solution ended up being easy, but reading some of the proposed solutions to others with a similar issue on other forums was making my head spin a bit.
Don't overthink your problem as you will likely overthink your solution as well! Hopefully this advice helps someone as it came in handy for me tonight.