Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2006, 09:09 AM   #1
BLT

Do all newer MH's (2000 to 2006) have double pane windows
or just the upper end Motor Homes??
Thanks

BLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
BLT

Do all newer MH's (2000 to 2006) have double pane windows
or just the upper end Motor Homes??
Thanks

Old 08-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
BLT:

No, not all newer motorhomes have double pane windows. I have even seen newer diesel pushers that have only single pane windows.

Don

FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #4
BLT

hmmmmm!!
My Sister told me to get one with double pane windows and I said "I think all newer ones have them".. I guess I'm wrong huh.. although I don't think I'm very concered with it because I will be following the sun.. So is it just as important to have them anyway..

Old 08-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I personally would not be without double pane windows. Reasons being, great insulating qualities, and mainly for the sound reduction they afford.

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
BLT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
I personally would not be without double pane windows. Reasons being, great insulating qualities, and mainly for the sound reduction they afford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AH, I never thought about being sound reduction.. I guess I still got some to learning to do.. I just thought since not being in any cold climates, why would you need them..

Old 08-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess if you bruise your hand when trying to open the window, then the frame falls on your head when you stick your head out the window it would be called a double "pain" window?
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BLT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
I personally would not be without double pane windows. Reasons being, great insulating qualities, and mainly for the sound reduction they afford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AH, I never thought about being sound reduction.. I guess I still got some to learning to do.. I just thought since not being in any cold climates, why would you need them.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't mind 80+ degree temps inside when the outside temps near or break 100 then you probably don't want insulated glass. When my main AC went down last week I was able to survive with a 10,000 btu portable roll-about AC vented through a piece of plywood in place of one of the screens. Without the insulated glass I don't think it would have worked nearly as well in the August Florida heat.

Regards,
Old 08-29-2006, 10:07 AM   #9
BLT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan_Hepburn:
I guess if you bruise your hand when trying to open the window, then the frame falls on your head when you stick your head out the window it would be called a double "pain" window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I spelled it wrong! Hope you had fun with that..

Old 08-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #10
BLT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan_Hepburn:
I guess if you bruise your hand when trying to open the window, then the frame falls on your head when you stick your head out the window it would be called a double "pain" window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There I fixed it.. although the question was about insulated windows not about misspelled words, but thanks for the response anyway..

Old 08-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

No "pain", BLT, Alan was just having a little chuckle at your expense. We try to have fun here and I hope you weren't offended.

I think more and more RVs are now coming with dual pane glass as standard equipment, but it would not be wise to assume that all do. Lower priced rigs have to save some dollars somewhere and the windows are one obvious place.

And make no mistake, dual pane glass is a valuable feature, helping to keep you cool in the summer and warm on cold nights, reducing exterior noises and also reducing condensation on the interior glass. I heartly recommend it in anyRv you purchases.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #12
BLT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Roamer:
No "pain", BLT, Alan was just having a little chuckle at your expense. We try to have fun here and I hope you weren't offended.

I think more and more RVs are now coming with dual pane glass as standard equipment, but it would not be wise to assume that all do. Lower priced rigs have to save some dollars somewhere and the windows are one obvious place.

And make no mistake, dual pane glass is a valuable feature, helping to keep you cool in the summer and warm on cold nights, reducing exterior noises and also reducing condensation on the interior glass. I heartly recommend it in anyRv you purchases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't offended, I was also having some fun.. LOL. Thank You for the response I will not be purchasing and RV without dual "pane" :-) windows..

Old 09-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In 2003 double pain windows were standard equipment in the Itasca Sunrise model and the comparable Winnebago Brave model double pain windows were an option.

Bob