Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-10-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
Send a message via Yahoo to Jetmec
Down Sizing

Hi out there. Have a question. We currently have a 38foot Newmar Kountry Star with one slide. During last trip to Arizona came to conclussion we want to down size. We have put a lot into the coach and really love it but wife says time to just go shorter. We have found a 2002 32 foot Itasca Sun Cruiser in near new interior condition and double slides. The chassis is a workhorse with of course Chevy engine Allison trans. My concern is we have had a P30 chassis and white knuckled overload. We would of course do a complete front end check and replace, do Bilstein shocks, new tires wider, etc. BUT I have read on Steer Safe and SuperSteer GM and also Safety Plus I believe it is called and Roadmaster Reflex. My question has anyon found the RIGHT answer to the wandering white knuckle of the P chassis ? My wife has fellin love with the Itasca and the price is right with low mileage floor plan ect. Any and ALL HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE. THANK YOU

Jetmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
Make sure all the brake recalls have been done on that. There might be a recall for the auto park brake too.

Steve and Joy
2013 Winnebago Journey
Where We Are Now
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
Our previous mh was a P30,,, 1995... The best thing I did was install SuperSteer front coil springs, Koni shocks, new ball joints, and a proper lign up... It made a world of difference. I have no complaints after that... Before, yes it was a BIG chore to drive it,, and I pull 70-80 K for a living... (for what its worth)
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Contact Henderson's Line-up Shop in Grants Pass, Oregon. They produce the Super Steer products. Suspension and handling issues are their specialty. They can recommend a shop (if not theirs) that can help you.

Al Z
2003 Monaco Safari Trek 2810
Coos Bay, Oregon
zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
You might also check out the Blue Ox Tru-Center product. Maybe a little more cost, but a lot more benefit.

Tom & Jan ---- Westwing43
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote