Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Dream Finders RV

Does anyone have any experience with this company? I was contacted by them & their information & website look good but when I try to track down their company in Alabama there is no business registered by that name. Makes me a bit leary of dealing with them even though all they do is list the RV's & don't get paid unless one of their referrals buys. Granted it might be a home based business BUT you still have to have a business license in just about every state I know of.

Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

If a business doesn't sell directly to the public there is usually no reason for it to have a business license. DreamFinders is essentially a "consulting and marketing" business that doesn't sell a tangible product so it's not surprising that you don't see much about them online. They don't actually own the RVs they help sell; all sales are between buyers and sellers.

The Better Business Bureau does know of them and doesn't have anything bad to say: Dream Finders Business Review in Florence, AL - North Alabama BBB

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Looks to me like it's a couple of guys operating from their homes selling RV's on commission from private owners. They may be OK, but I would be very careful! Just saying.....

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I did talk to them & yes, they work out of their home. I can't say anything is wrong with that because I have had a business since 1993 & work out of my home. With them money doesn't cross their hands until I pay them their 1%. All they do is promote the RV & pre-screen the people before giving them our phone number. We make the arrangements for them to see the coach & then get the money. There are also no contracts to sign so other than giving them the information about the RV & sending them photos there's not much that they get that involves our personal information or money until the money clears the bank.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
If they only charge 1% it seems like a no-brainer to me! I would ask for the names and phone numbers of some previous customers though!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
They have a bunch of testimonials with people's names & a few with links to their listing. I figure I have nothing to lose but if I sell it because of them we will both be happy.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #7

I am actually using JJ Hiebel, the owner of Dream Finders to find me the coach I currently want. I've found the guy to be very nice and responsive. I often will send him an email and get a response within the hour. They are big on integrity and honest business practices.
LoggedOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:43 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Dream Finders RV sounds like novel idea. I dont know how much you could lose, not signing contracts. The best thing that appeals to me is the pre screening of potential buyers no annoying phone calls from tire kickers at all hours of the day or night. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:17 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good niche' in the industry. Like the idea of screening the potential buyer. Do they go one step further and financially qualify the potential buyers?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
It is a novel idea & after I finally got some responses from Greg & did more research I did find that they are legit. He did say they do a little pre-screening before they give out your contact information. We do the negotiating on price. The probably do about the same as a consignment lot but you are in control of the negotiations on price, not the consignment lot. I gave him the write up & photos.

I read some negative posts on the Tiffin RV net forum about them being more about trying to push lease/purchase options but that was never brought up to me. They also said you don't get any more exposure than I can do myself for nothing or close to nothing & that's not true. I'm not paying for the exposure on their site or RVT.com. The listing & photos were up within 2 days of me getting it to them. If my coach sells as a result of getting referred from them I'm more than happy to give them 1% of the sale price.

I think 1% is a reasonable amount to pay & far better than the consignment lots get. Most of them your insurance won't cover you & they don't either so if something happens you are out of luck.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoggedOff View Post
I am actually using JJ Hiebel, the owner of Dream Finders to find me the coach I currently want. I've found the guy to be very nice and responsive. I often will send him an email and get a response within the hour. They are big on integrity and honest business practices.
Thanks & good luck with your coach search. I think Greg told me JJ's mom just died so he might not be very accessible for a couple of days.

Nedra
Old 01-29-2016, 08:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedra View Post
Thanks & good luck with your coach search. I think Greg told me JJ's mom just died so he might not be very accessible for a couple of days.
Yeah, I talked to him last night and he was telling me about the unexpected death they had.

It amazes me the bad press you'll see on the internet about their lease / purchase options by people that can't wrap their head around something different and unique. It's actually a large portion of their business as it helps people that owe more on their coach then it's worth and they need to get it out of it for financial, health, or whatever reason. They are quite successful at it. I considered it on the sale of my last unit and in the end would have made about $8k on top of my asking price over a 5 year period.
LoggedOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoggedOff View Post
Yeah, I talked to him last night and he was telling me about the unexpected death they had.

It amazes me the bad press you'll see on the internet about their lease / purchase options by people that can't wrap their head around something different and unique. It's actually a large portion of their business as it helps people that owe more on their coach then it's worth and they need to get it out of it for financial, health, or whatever reason. They are quite successful at it. I considered it on the sale of my last unit and in the end would have made about $8k on top of my asking price over a 5 year period.
Some people are a little narrow minded & don't like to think outside the box. I was told I was being "argumentative" when I countered the "bad rap" on the lease/purchase option. I just decided it wasn't worth continuing the conversation. I did a lot of research after I had posted on the forums & then talked to Greg & felt comfortable letting them list the coach. I have listings on several forums& it will be in FMCA in March but I wanted to cover all possible avenues to reach people. Some of the comments said that they didn't have as much exposure as RVT. com & RV Trader.com but if you do a search they do pop up. I just think that some people don't understand & have an idea in their head & anything that doesn't fit their perception of what works & doesn't isn't good. I like to be open to suggestions & I think 1% is a reasonable fee for getting more exposure & if the coach sells because of their efforts .....GREAT! If not, nothing ventured, nothing lost.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:40 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Interesting discussion and business model. Thanks to this discussion, we contacted Dream Finders and signed up. Very painless process, no commitment, no contract, just your word of honor to pay 1% if the coach sells through their site. If you sell it yourself - not through Dream Finders - you owe them nothing.

I wrote up a description of our 2012 Fleetwood Discovery, and our 2010 GMC Acadia towed vehicle, and sent it to them by email. I also sent them a whole bunch of pictures of the RV and car. Within 12 hours, the ad was on line. Great service!

Now, we'll see if it sells...

pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote