Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #197

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ditto.....

ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #198

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
It's a great way to discourage tailgaters and you'll save gas, too.
But I save gas tailgating the trailers!

Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #199

Last summer heading north on hwy 89 southern Utah I came up on a motorhome doing 45 mph in a 60 mph and 65 mph area.......... two lane courvey area with no where to pass at least not with a motohome and trailer.
the guy turns on his left turning light, ok he's been looking for a side road........aaa no.....he keeps driving, turns it off..............then half mile later he does it again......I think he's telling me to pass, and there's no way......I'd need a half mile a of straigh road to pass, he does it again, so i TURN ON MY RIGHT TURN SIGNAL, you pull over, I can't pass.....will five miles later we came to a passing lane.............this will kill you.....as soon as we get in the passsing lanes He pulls over.............................................. .....don't be that guy, If you want to take your time at least be curtious. every one passing you is putting there life and your in danger.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #200

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Maybe he turned on his blinker to let you know its ok to pass.... Seen old timers do this...
Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #201

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Maybe he turned on his blinker to let you know its ok to pass.... Seen old timers do this...
I've done that many times but I flash it manually instead of leaving it on steadily.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #202

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I do 62 max in the far right lane. Have been passed by Prevosts moving so fast the passing air pressure almost sends me onto the shoulder. I just look at it that they will clear the way of cops for others.
TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #203

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Chucks RV is built for speed. Along with speed, people take notice of the hot rod style of driving and while they watch I can imagine they think his RV is tearing itself apart with internal damages from the quick rapid starts, to the quick grab of brakes at stop signs. Whew, no wonder he is tired at the end of a drive.
I thought you were sneekin' peeks, Doc. I'm pullin' down my shades you rascal you.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #204

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
When I drove trucks out on the highway we would signal one another when passing, when it was safe for the passing unit to pull in, especially on two lane roads. This was done simply by flicking the lights on / off in daylight and flashing the hi-beams at night.

A while back a guy pulling a 5er passed me out west of here on Hwy 4 and when it was clear of my motorhome I flashed my lights for him to come back into the east bound lane. We continued on our way but when we got to the Tempo Station just west of Port Alberni we decided we wanted a coffee and pulled in. We noticed the 5er was at the pumps fueling up, but thought nothing of it.

The driver of the 5er came over to my motorhome and started yelling at me for being rude to a tourist and when he finally shut up I explained why I did flash my lights. He got the usual "DUH" look on his face and turned and walked away, without even an attempt at an apology.

Some people have no clue, how to act or what to do.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #205

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I do the light trick all the time.. Truck, RV, or car dont matter... most truckers appreciate it even on the interstates, especially if they have a tailgator
Old 03-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #206

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Flashed my lights many many times over the years for the big rigs, usually I'm the slowest thing in the slow lane, so they're usually needing to pass me.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #207

Herding Instinct

I ran across this blog post several years ago. I think it speaks to the current issue very artfully.
Herding Instinct
Old 03-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #208
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by peliaspastia View Post
I ran across this blog post several years ago. I think it speaks to the current issue very artfully.
Herding Instinct

I hadn't thought of it that way but it seems to discribe a lot of people.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #209

Mooo....ooo.....
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar38 View Post
I do 62 max in the far right lane. Have been passed by Prevosts moving so fast the passing air pressure almost sends me onto the shoulder. I just look at it that they will clear the way of cops for others.
I guess he was in a hurry to get to the seane of the wreck.......