Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2016, 07:14 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Drones around Washington DC area

Sadly, new rules prohibit the use of drones within 30 miles of Washington, DC.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2016, 10:42 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
i need one to lift and carry a small weight and fish line.
Clever! I like the idea.

Rich
__03 15' Klamath SS w/30hp
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:01 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
What resolution does that camera have. Looks great
Harry, it's 1080P, High Definition and takes 14 megapixel photos. Here are a couple photos I took, first is a carved eagle on top of a pole and the second in my city with Mt. Rainier in the distance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eagle Center.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	115576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mount Rainier via Bonney Lake Crop.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	115577  

Old 01-03-2016, 07:06 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info and video, I wondered how good of quality photos and videos they were capable of. I've been looking at the Phantom 3 professional, that must be similar to what you have? One of these days I'm gonna have one. Randy
Old 01-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #19

I carry my Phantom 3 Professional everywhere we go. We haven't been to any state or national parks so that's been a non-issue. It makes for some awesome landscape shots and videos. I have taken some awesome night shots too.

One of the parks we stayed at in Pensacola gave me a free week stay for shooting their park for them. 30+ shots and a couple of vids for less than 20 minutes work(if that's what you would call it).

Took it to Memphis last week with us. Got some footage of the Mississippi river prior to the flooding. Couldn't/Didn't fly while we stayed at the Graceland RV park as we were within 5 miles of the airport.

So it is sometimes hit and miss as to where I will fly. It's a great tool to have.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #20

Your drone has to remain in your visual line of sight and stay below 400' agl too.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #21

Haven't flown my phantom 2 in a while. If flown it as 1 mile from my house using my FPV system. However, since both the radio control frequency and the video link require unobstructed line-of-sight, that has required flying well above the 400 ft AGL limit. I don't use it much anymore, might resurrect it though on our new travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Your drone has to remain in your visual line of sight and stay below 400' agl too.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #22

Just as with everything else, it will only take a few to give this a bad rap. Kinda like overnighting at WalMart.
The new FAA rules for drones make me wonder about fixed-wing model aircraft rules or lack thereof?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #23
EV2

The new FAA knee jerk "rules" pilot registration (directly contradicting 2012 laws passed by congress) apply to all model aircraft over approx. half a pound and up to 55 pounds that are not tethered. It is simply written to agree that you can be fined up to $27,500 at FAA discretion without due process of law with exception for government operators. The AMA has suggested not registering until further notice.
EV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Thanks for the info and video, I wondered how good of quality photos and videos they were capable of. I've been looking at the Phantom 3 professional, that must be similar to what you have? One of these days I'm gonna have one. Randy
When I bought mine in April 2014 it was the newest and best available. The P3P you are considering replaces it and has many new and better features. I've considered upgrading but I haven't really explored all that mine can do, yet!

I'm sure you will be very happy with the P3P. I'm sure you know you need at least a smart phone and a tablet would be even better. You need the screen to see what the camera sees and for all the information the Phantom is sending back to you, such as altitude, distance, speed, heading, etc. They are a complicated piece of equipment but engineered so well anyone can fly one with little or no training. I advise watching a couple hundred of the many thousands of YouTube videos available. They can be an invaluable tool.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
UAV

Unfortunately, I now even have to register these as I travel a lot to the USA for Helicopter shows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0175.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	115701  
Old 01-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #26

Now those babies are dangerous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB410 View Post
Unfortunately, I now even have to register these as I travel a lot to the USA for Helicopter shows.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dangerous

Only if they leave the ground
Old 01-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #28

If I had a drone, I'd film those idiots in Oregon.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel