Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2015, 09:35 AM   #15

Most dump stations I have ever been to have a sign posted right there saying to not use the water - not potable water, do not use.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #16
Commercial Member

I would just unscrew their hose and use my own fresh water white hose and fill up.

niceguy9605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If that close I would not use. Notwithstanding using my own hose, filter, cleaning, etc...
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #18

If it says it is potable water, I would use my own hose and disinfect the spigot. The potable water was at the dump station in Denali Natl Park (dry camping) and it has to be the nicest dump station we have ever encountered. Everyone who wanted water filled up there. They did offer showers at the general store/laundry but at $5 per person, that is pretty pricey. You either had to bring your water with you or fill up with potable water at the dump station.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to everyone for their posts. Just to clarify the spigot is Potable water. My concern was the close proximity to the dump pipe and the way some folks might connect to this spigot with their black water tank cleaning hose. I really like the ideas of the bleach solution in a spray bottle and running some water prior to connecting my potable water hose. Again appreciate all your opinions.
Thanks
Doug
Old 03-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba1 View Post
We store our coach at a storage facility that also provides both potable and non-potable water. When I use the facility's potable water I use our own drinking water hose and disconnect the facility's hose. I also carry a small spray bottle of diluted bleach water that I make up before each trip. I spray the faucet at the facility and at the camp ground before attaching my hose to any faucets.

Mike H
I'm with Mike on this on. You can have contaminated water connections anywhere. I watched a guy in a CG stick his Slinky Hose right up to the spigot to wash his hose out before storing it on departure. When I approached him, he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #21

Quote:
some folks might connect to this spigot with their black water tank cleaning hose.
You mean like they DO just before they leave a site after having been on full hookups. At least at or near a dump station, the furtherest faucet is likely to be clean, but not so on a full hookup site.

Spend some time in France and you will soon become immune. There is is common to have only one tap and almost all RVs have cassette toilets and the easiest way to flush them out after emptying is to shove the spout as far over the faucet as possible and turn the water on.
Anyway, I suggest we get a bit precious about these sort of things. Where is the evidence of people suffering harm by connecting their hose to a faucet regardless of what sort of hose was on there previously. Turn the faucet on full for a few seconds, connect the hose, run the water through the hose for 30 seconds and then fill your tanks.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I would not use the water

2014 Keystone Outback Tavel Trailer
2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
Old 03-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #23

Perhaps the question should have been asked - of those who drink the water out of the on-board tanks, who would use the faucet.
That would eliminate those who choose to spend their money on bottled water for everything

Tags
water