Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Neck pillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
We have a pusher, so sleeping in the bed while driving is nearly impossible. DW does sleep in the co-pilot's chair belted in but usually wakes up with a stiff neck so it doesn't happen often. Now the Dogs are a different story....they sleep anywhere but in that nice cave under the steering wheel

Dick
We have three neck pillows in the MH so she can always find one - it relives the stiff neck. If she wants to go to bed and sleep I'll stop the coach and let her go to the back (she's not to stable on her feet anymore). If I'm driving by myself I don't drive too far because their are so many things to stop and see. Heck, if she's sitting up in the front I still don't drive too far, for the same reason.

For all of the safety nuts it's our coach so our rules. We strap in, in heavy traffic and large cities. We tend to stay off freeways and meander the back roads.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
Haven't seen this response but my wife does move around and has even gotten good at taking a shower as we travel. I tell her when we are an hour from our destination and she has time for her beautification before we arrive at the destination. She takes a two way radio back with her so I can communicate any situations happening up front. We get to the destination and she is ready for the day.
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
On a trip recently, I was up front driving all alone. It was so peaceful; I noticed that the normally high pitched whiney noise usually present was gone and all I could hear was the 350 Cat purring 40' behind me. The dog was asleep and and the radio was off -- it was so nice. I turned my head looking for DW and I saw the midship pocket door was closed. I looked again and saw fingers under the door wiggling around. WTH!! I pulled over and walked back and the pocket door would not move, it had delaminated and the door skin was holding it closed. Since DW is sooo sexy and a wonderful cook (dog and I would have TOTALLY starved to death) I pulled the pocket door open with all my might. Have since relaminated the door.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by the trainguy View Post
I wonder how many allow one or more family members to ride in the pull behind trailer or 5th wheel while in motion....
Well I wasn't gonna start that one but yes my wife and kids have all rode, played, ate, and slept in the TT. The girls are now all grown but somehow they survived and frequently ride their motorcycles out to our campsites to visit.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:33 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondavalk View Post
The girls are now all grown but somehow they survived and frequently ride their motorcycles out to our campsites to visit.
What's all grown up got to do with it?

Anyway, my wife usually sleeps in the co-pilots seat. She will sit at the dinette and sew while underway. She'll move about, cooking, making coffee, etc, while I'm driving.
She's driven some, & I've gone to the back of the coach mostly "checking on things". Honestly, though, I don't see how anyone could sleep back there anyway with all the road noise.

My son-in-law said it ought to be an Olympic sport to "cook a meal in the RV while in motion".
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:18 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
On a trip recently, I was up front driving all alone. It was so peaceful; I noticed that the normally high pitched whiney noise usually present was gone and all I could hear was the 350 Cat purring 40' behind me. The dog was asleep and and the radio was off -- it was so nice. I turned my head looking for DW and I saw the midship pocket door was closed. I looked again and saw fingers under the door wiggling around. WTH!! I pulled over and walked back and the pocket door would not move, it had delaminated and the door skin was holding it closed. Since DW is sooo sexy and a wonderful cook (dog and I would have TOTALLY starved to death) I pulled the pocket door open with all my might. Have since relaminated the door.
Love that one! when you finally freed her you gained your cook back, but you probably also got that "high pitched whiney noise" back also!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:47 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by malexander View Post
What's all grown up got to do with it?
They have their own homes and don't travel on our schedule so they no longer have the opportunity to ride in the TT. Also it shows that for all the dumb... stuff we've done our kids somehow survived.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:56 AM   #64

We are not in that much of a rush that we can't stop and relax while making a sandwich or needing a potty break.You never know when someone may decide he should be in front of you.At home we both sleep sitting in our chairs in front of the TV so the windshield becomes our realtime tv screen.I have enough problems running my own life so if you want to walk around or sleep go for it.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
My DW has got up and done almost everything except get me a beer. In 15 years of MH everytime she has gotten up while I am driving I have asked her to bring me a beer. You would think that once in 15 years she would bring one. ( and no I don't drink and drive)
Mr.Geritol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Geritol View Post
My DW has got up and done almost everything except get me a beer. In 15 years of MH everytime she has gotten up while I am driving I have asked her to bring me a beer. You would think that once in 15 years she would bring one. ( and no I don't drink and drive)

All you did was ask her to bring you one. You didn't say you were going to drink it.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
After all this time if she did bring me a beer I might be so shocked that I might just stop and drink it.
Mr.Geritol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #68

As far as I'm concerned, if DW wants to get up and do stuff, go nap, etc., that's her decision. She's old enough to make her own decisions and face her own consequences. If she needs to use the washroom, I ask if she wants me to stop or not.

My daughter, on the other hand, as the driver, is my responsibility and she'll be buckled up. She needs to use the washroom, we'll stop.
dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Everyone -- DW and grandkids -- stay buckled in when the wheels are turning. Pit stops and meal breaks are done while pulled over and stopped somewhere. Actually, I'm amazed at the number of responses saying people are up and moving around. To each his own I suppose, but do y'all actually think the laws of physics don't apply inside an RV?
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Good one!
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote