Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Easy Care coverage. Is it worth it?

We went with the 3 year Easy Care plan when we closed on the MH. It sounded good. Maybe I just wanted to do the right thing by us but I wanted to know if others have it. If so, are you satisfied? Did it come through for you when you needed it most? There is a skeptical side of me that makes me wonder that when the time comes for me to use it for the first time, I will find out that it isn't what it was cracked up to be. Please tell me I'm wrong and that you love that coverage!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Um...exactly what is it?

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is is an extended care plan. We have the same one - I will let you know tomorrow if it is as good as the plan we had on our first coach. I have a power steering issue and if it is the pump, we shall see if they cover it. We used our first plan several times and it paid for itself in one serious brake problem. It is not unlike fire insurance on your house - you hope you never have to use it - you hope there are no loop holes that you missed. So far, I have been happy - not sure I would by one out of the chute if I were buying new, but with a used coach I think they are worth the risk. With that being said, there are going to be many people who will disagree with me.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
Is is an extended care plan. We have the same one - I will let you know tomorrow if it is as good as the plan we had on our first coach. I have a power steering issue and if it is the pump, we shall see if they cover it. We used our first plan several times and it paid for itself in one serious brake problem. It is not unlike fire insurance on your house - you hope you never have to use it - you hope there are no loop holes that you missed. So far, I have been happy - not sure I would by one out of the chute if I were buying new, but with a used coach I think they are worth the risk. With that being said, there are going to be many people who will disagree with me.
Please let me know how you make out. Like I said, I'd like to know that it is a great plan and I did the right thing and didn't get taken in by a glib salesman's pitch. I did think the way you said. That it being a used motorhome might have made it worthwhile. Time will tell.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Please let me know how you make out. Like I said, I'd like to know that it is a great plan and I did the right thing and didn't get taken in by a glib salesman's pitch. I did think the way you said. That it being a used motorhome might have made it worthwhile. Time will tell.
Well, this is going to be no help at all. The problem was simply a lousy grease job and my active imagination that there was something wrong. So, no repairs were needed. With that said, I hope I never have to use the Easy Care, but if I do I will certainly report in with my experiences.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I bought an Easy Care 7 year policy right out of the chute with our new 40DP. That was five years ago. We've used them probably six times for issues ranging up to slide repairs, leveling jack repairs, and the replacement of my Winegard automatic satellite dish when it went belly up.

They've never once denied a claim... in fact I've never spoken to anyone at Easy Care because the shops I have used are all willing to work directly with them... because they know Easy Care will pay them promptly. I've also never had to pay for repairs and then go to Easy Care for reimbursement.

So I hope you have the same good luck with them that I have had so far.

There are some things I would do differently if I knew than what I know know:

1) I bought the policy when the coach was brand new instead of waiting for a year because Winnie's warranty covered virtually everything during that time. In fact the chassis warranty is even longer so I'm really paying for "double coverage" in a way.

2) I bought the policy from my dealer instead of dealing directly with Easy Care. Hand in hand with this is the fact that I didn't negotiate the price. The dealer puts a huge mark up on these and will negotiate big discounts... or even throw it in with the purchase of a new coach. They get you when you're all excited about your new purchase and you think you're negotiating is over with. Then the finance guy hits you with the sales pitch about how expensive these things can be when they break.

Bottom line is that it bought us peace of mind. We weren't looking to "come out ahead" on the deal but wanted to avoid huge, unexpected repair bills.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I bought an Easy Care 7 year policy right out of the chute with our new 40DP. That was five years ago. We've used them probably six times for issues ranging up to slide repairs, leveling jack repairs, and the replacement of my Winegard automatic satellite dish when it went belly up.

They've never once denied a claim... in fact I've never spoken to anyone at Easy Care because the shops I have used are all willing to work directly with them... because they know Easy Care will pay them promptly. I've also never had to pay for repairs and then go to Easy Care for reimbursement.

So I hope you have the same good luck with them that I have had so far.

There are some things I would do differently if I knew than what I know know:

1) I bought the policy when the coach was brand new instead of waiting for a year because Winnie's warranty covered virtually everything during that time. In fact the chassis warranty is even longer so I'm really paying for "double coverage" in a way.

2) I bought the policy from my dealer instead of dealing directly with Easy Care. Hand in hand with this is the fact that I didn't negotiate the price. The dealer puts a huge mark up on these and will negotiate big discounts... or even throw it in with the purchase of a new coach. They get you when you're all excited about your new purchase and you think you're negotiating is over with. Then the finance guy hits you with the sales pitch about how expensive these things can be when they break.

Bottom line is that it bought us peace of mind. We weren't looking to "come out ahead" on the deal but wanted to avoid huge, unexpected repair bills.

Best of luck.

Rick
Thank you for that. It is reassuring to know that Easy Care is a stand up company and will be there for us when we need them.
You're right, they get us with the sales pitch when we are all euphoric with our new MH. Sometimes I need to cool my jets before jumping into anything rash.