Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #57

Thosen are for lights. I will be using a dish for TV's.

I did get the second coat of varnish done today way before the heat it. They are calling for a high today of 100F. Tomorrow, I plan of painting the ceiling and I have a couple doors to finish out before it gets HOT! No rain in the farcast till next weekend. In fact we haven't had any and a few weeks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #58

Last week I did take time to go fishing with the wife. We cought a few Sac a lait a bit on the small size,but fresh fish is fresh fish. We were fishing off a raft at the camp. This is a oxbow lake off the Mississippi River. It feeds were they had to open the locks back in the spring down here in Louisiana.

Got a few things done today. I had reinstalled the two vents thru the roof. Boy, I didn't want to cut or drill a hole in my nice new roof. But I had to do it. Once that was done, I put a second coat of varnish on a couple more doors and draws. I still have 2 more of those to make. About had enought of that all together. And I did get a coat of paint on the ceiling. Then the heat was on and I had to shut down. Another 100F day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	13427   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	13428  

Name:	006.JPG
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	13429   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	13430  

Old 09-01-2011, 05:49 AM   #59

I did get a bunch of work done yesterday even though it was HOT again. Some of the lights are up and running (12V ones). Today I will be hanging a couple 120v lights. Cabniets are back in place along with the stove vent. I needed to finish sealing the outside all the way, so I had some corking that need to be done.I installed a new water tank fill cap along with a new city water cap and power cord cap which is all sealed up. I also need to install the head vent fan which was done along with corking it. So now everything should be seal and I shoulding have any leaks,I hope! I built a new head counter top and will finish installing that today. Also I will be triming out the ceiling today along with triming out the windows and finish hanging cabniet doors.

We have rain coming for the next few days and we really need it! We haven't had any sence I starter this project to speak of. It looks like we are fixing to have a small TS building in the Gulf of Mexico heading our way. Man could we use the rain! That and I love to duck hunt. Almost as much as I use to love to offshore fish or any fishing. Our Teal season opens in 9 days and my brother told me yesterday that it is a banner year for the ducks and he has seen tons of Teal. I hoping this TS doesn't blow them away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	13454   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	13455  

Name:	003.JPG
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	13456   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	13457  

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	13458  
Old 09-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #60

Oh, I have a question. When I bought this camper and picked it up, the drive home I notice that I have some swaying. Not much, but I need to see if I can do something about it. My truck is a Dodge 2500 clubcab with a 8' bed and cummins engine.I have "E" class tires too! The weight of this camper is around 2000 lbs which really didn't drop the back in of the truck. I fact the truck rode level. I did install some torkloc (sp?) tie downs. I really need to keep the expence down. So, what would be the first thing I would need to install to help with this swaying? I know there are sway bars along with airbags and spring bumpstops. So before going out and buying everything, I looking to start with what would be first to see if I can get a better handling of this small problem without blowing the back acc!

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #61

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Impressive workmanship. Who knew that being out of work would be so much work:>)
I think you will need to start a new post to get an answer on your sway issue. Maybe post it under Truck Conversions (or send a note asking the moderators where to post it).
Maybe something like:
Title: Sway issue with Dodge 2500 and slide-in
Text: I have a Dodge 2500 club cab with an 8 foot bed and 2000 lb. slide-in camper. There is too much sway while traveling. What can I do to reduce the sway?

Good luck and keep up the good work.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #62

More work done today. I attack the head and finished it. I hooked up the hose to check for any leaks. NONE! That was to easy till I open the sink cold water. No flow. Well I shut the water off and pulled the valve apart. The screw that holds the gasket seal was loose. Water back on and no leaks. If its not rainning to bad tomorrow, I will be putting down the new floor and then trim it out. All power is up and running and everything works! I will need to charge up the gas lines and check for any leaks there.

We were going to go camping this weekend, but there is a 100% chance of rain all the way till next Tuesday.

Tom, I been searching the net for the sway problem and I think I found what I needed to know. I will make a couple phone calls come Tuesday.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #63

Due to TS Lee, I though it was best bet to load up my camper. Real fun doing this in the wind and rain! No work will be done today. Guess I needed a break. The farcast puts this storm eye coming right over me. I has 60 mph winds and with the camper in the bed of the truck, I don't think it will blow over a 6500 lb truck.

I happy to report that there are no leaks in my roof or any place else. Guess we had easy 5" of rain sofar with a farcast of 10"-15" more.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A tropical storm is a hell (I mean 'heck') of a way to check for leaks. Stay safe and let us know when you get to the other side.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #65

Well the center of whats left of Lee is to the north of me. Only problem is I tired of RAIN. Its like Forest Gump, it is coming from every direction. Welln we really needed it though. Still, the farcast has more rain till tomorrow afternoon. Then we will be in for a real nice treat starting Wensday with a farcast of clear skys and temps in the upper 50's to a high of the lower 80's.

Only damage I had was a couple small trees blew over and a few tree branches I will have to cut up and hall away.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
I guess I should quit bitch'n

With all that you have been able to do with your heart problems I feel like I have been bitch'n for nut'n ! I have three stents and there are a few blockages that can't be stented so I live with it.
Just like the Docs say listen to your body and don't don't try to ignore the situation till it is critical !

I must say your abilities are impressive great job
Old 09-06-2011, 03:46 AM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fishfighter keep the pics coming. Too bad the manufacturers don't build in the craftsmanship you have in yours.

Impressive to watch the transformation.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
With all that you have been able to do with your heart problems I feel like I have been bitch'n for nut'n ! I have three stents and there are a few blockages that can't be stented so I live with it.
Just like the Docs say listen to your body and don't don't try to ignore the situation till it is critical !

I must say your abilities are impressive great job

I don't have any blockage in my heart. I was always a very active person and a DIY type of guy. In fact I built my own house which is 3756 sqf liven area. I built many boats over the years too! Now that I have a heart problem, I just can't give up. If I happen to die doing what I love, so be it. That is in Gods hands. I had come full circle knowing that it can happen at anytime. So, I listen to what my body tells me, watch my weight which is the first telltail sign of bad things coming on. If I put on more then 3 lbs in 24 hours, I know what I have to do. Shut down! It happens to me every few days. I got my weight down to 172lbs and I'm 6' tall and feel a bit better most days, but I do tire easy. Today is another doctors day. I just hope he has some answers as to why my heart EF dropped to 15%. It is not good living with chest pains all the time along with getting tired easy. Thats just not me.
So, just hang in there! People like us do need help at times being that we have to live somewhat different of a life. Other people really don't understand what we face every day. Are we going to wake up today and what kind of day will we have is a tough question.

Sorry about being so long winded about my health problems and I'm sure some of ya'll have your own.

Yesterday once the storm passed, I had unloaded the camper out of my truck. With more then 9" of rain the last couple days, I'm very happy that no leaks were found. I do have a few more things I need to get done before next weekend. I'm planning on using the camper then on a hunting trip with my son and son-n-law. After I get back from the doctors and if I'm not to tired, I will attack it full force and I will get some more pictures up.

On a side note. As I was unloading and cranking down one of the jacks, my wife was there wanting to help, but getting in the way. Well, as I was talking to her and took my eyes off of what I was doing, the crank came off the jack and I took a full hit to the top of my head. Now I have a nice bump and cut there. When doing something, never take your eyes off of what you are doing.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I know that there are times when a DW wife wants to help but ends up being in the way and increasing the time it takes to get it done. When younger I would find myself being short with her, now just tickled to death to have her with me in the way or not. Some of of friends are not fortunate enough to have DW in the way. Just sayin'
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:42 AM   #70

My wife and I are growing old together, and yes,I wouldn't know what to do without her.

After spending more then half the day in the doctors office with a bit of bad news, I was wiped out. Thank God I had my daughter with me to help ask questions and drive back home. She is a Vet doctor which she bounced questions back in forth with my cardo doctor. What they think is that the viro infection is back and doing more damage. The only way to find out is to do a byop from the inside of my heart. Now my doctor is trying to find a surgen to do this. Not many around that can do the job so I was told. There is a viro infection that attacks dogs and peoples hearts. I don't know the name of it, but it runs deep in South America. My doctor asked me if I been down there to which I had been many years ago when I was in the Marine Corps. If I happen to have the infection, there is not much they can do for me. Just another set back that I have to deal with.

Anyway, boy are we having a cold front! Yesterday in the morning, it hit 55F for the low and today it suppost to hit a new low record of 52F. We don't get those kind of temps at this time of the year often, but I will take it.

I have a couple things I plan on doing inside the camper today. Yesterday I did charge up the gas system and check for leaks which I found none. I have a few cabniet draws hardware to install along with 2 more doors to finish. A little trim to finish too! Outside I need to install the roof rack and ladder which shouldn't take long. I will get some updated pictures today for ya'll.