Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry to hear about the set back. Please discuss with your daughter why the Doctors are doing a biopsy if there is nothing they can do if they find something. Seems to me that something as invasive as an internal heart biopsy should contain a positive result that makes it worth the risk. If there isn’t a positive return, why risk it and lose a week recovering.
Do what you can when you can – we all enjoy the pictures of your progress and workmanship.

tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #72

I have a new floor! It is one of those floating wood floors. Got it done today and was planning on a couple things more, but ran out of gas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	13675   Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	13676  

Old 09-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #73

Got a chance to use the camper this past weekend. Nice weather along with getting together with the family. No problems with the camper other then we were attacked by sugar ants. Those suckers got into the camper in no time. Came up on one of the jack stands. Had to fumeagate the place! Funny part was we didn't have any open food are the likes. All cooking was done outside. The place we camped at was underwater for 3 months this past spring and the area was the high land were the water level dropped first. I guess the ants ran aground there first.

I did get in some fishing each morning catching a few nice Sac a lait(crapie for ya'll yankees'). More then enought to feed 12 very hungry people Saturday night.

One thing I have to do is buy a set of those extended steps for the camper. My wife is five foot nothing and I had to bring a short step ladder for her to get in and out. LOL The extended trailer hitch worked great towing the boat. I would like to install a video camera at the back center of the camper to help backing in.

All in all, a very nice easy short trip and all hard work payed off that I did on the camper. I was beat when we got back to the point that I slept for 15 hours straight, which I never do! I'm still a bit tired today, so I'm taking it easy. i will get some pictures up maybe later.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #74

Well I been in and out of the hospital again. Then I got the bad news yesterday that in time I will need a heart transplant. My heart is failing me now. The viro infection is back and there really is no treatment for that.

So, I will be going camping this weekend. Another short trip. I guess that is better then no trip.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry for the bad news you received. Go on that camp trip and fight some fish. Take a few pictures and post them for us. The DW and I just returned from a couple days on the Shenandoah Blue Ridge Parkway (Mountains). It was nice to get away - no fish but lots of deer and a bear. Take care and post some pictures of the finished camper at this weekend's camping spot.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #76

Had to canncel the trip. Had a very bad day yesterday. I sold my offshore boat and I was very sad! The old saying about boat owners goes like this; "The 2 most happest days in a boat owners life is the day they buy there boat and the day they sell there boat."

In my case, this is not true.

The good thing for today is that LSU will run over WV. Game day!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #77

How are things going for you?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 AM   #78

Been tired a lot lately, but still hanging in there. I have to take things slow and easy. I try to do what I can at times knowing I will pay for it later in the day. Still, I'm not one to just lay around.

Last weekend was the closing weekend of teal season. Next to fishing, I love to duck hunt. Well, I love to hunt all together. The teal season only last a couple weeks. In that time, I was able to make 4 hunts. My last hunt was sunday which lasted less then 5 minites. But still, I had a great time. This is the first time and well over 40 years that the teal were thick. I never seen some many teal in my life. That is a very good thing! One day I hope I will be around to take my grandson duck hunting.

Myself and Missy. She lives to hunt too!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	045.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	14296  
Old 10-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #79

Glad you had a good time hunting. Hope things start getting better for you,let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #80

Thanks Gary. Not much been going on lately. I been kind of under the weather, in and out of the doctors offices. They want to put me on more meds. Like I'm not taking enought now. Its like a guessing game for all the doctors I see. I happen to be a case outside the box per all the doctors I see.So with that, its more of a waiting plan. They did put me on the heart transplant list now.

Anyway enought of that. Our plans on a trip at the end of the month has changed till the doctors say I can go. We will try another couple short trips till then. I kind of need to be around were there is a good hospital with a heart unit. So we are planning our trips around that.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #81

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for keeping us up to date. Nice weather here plus small game season is in - humm, I might just have to dust off the .22 and head to the woods or take the grandson to a airshow. Tough decison so I think I may do both:>)
Hang in there and do what you can.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #82

I got a chance to go camping this weekend. Nice weather! We did a set up watching the LSU game. Great win for them again. Still #1! The camper worked out nice, but I do have a problem. My AC unit is blowing pieces of styrofoam. Its like flaking in small balls. Enought to the point that its Teeing me off. Anybody know of a fix? I was thinking that if I remove the ac unit from the roof, I could then maybe paint the styrofoam with some latex paint. Maybe that will stop it from breaking down. What do y'all think? Any other ideas?

On a side note. I will be heading to my heart transplant doctor come thursday again and the falling week back to my cardo doctor. They are telling me they want to try a new med on me. Whatever! I been feeling a bit better if I rest a lot. I'm still thinking of a trip at the end of the month. The wife and I were talking it over again this weekend. If we do go, I will plan it to were we will only drive a few hundred miles each day and stop/camp were there are good hospitals. Thank God for the internet. That should help making our plans easy. Now all this depends on how things go thursday.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #83

Did a couple mods by adding a tv and a sat system. Not much room in truck campers and one has to do what one has to do.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	14918   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	14919  

Old 10-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #84

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Outstanding workmanship - real nice wood work. You sure got that old truck camper in great shape - better than new condition and modern.