Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #85

Thanks Tom. Got a chance to use it this weekend again. We really enjoy ourselfs. My doctor had put me on some more meds and if I start feeling a bit better, the wife and I are heading north for a week or two. I would like to hit the Smokies one more time. I did ask if it was ok and my doctor gave me the go ahead. I was told just to take it slow and easy. I will have to give it a couple days before I know if I'm up to the trip.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #86

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let us know how it goes. You might catch the peak leaf season there (ours peaked last weekend).
I hope to take mine to Parris Island next week if the weather is nice (the wife's not much on cold wet camping). We're going for the the youngest son's graduation. Take care.

tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #87

Tom,
Congratulations to you and your son on his graduation.
Please tell him, "Thanks for serving."
Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #88

Well, we got back last night on our short COLD trip to the Smoky Mountains. In fact, we cut it short by a couple days. Due to my health problems, the mountains were kicking my butt. Every day late in the afternoon, I was total wipe out.

Anyway, the trip was very nice other then cold weather. Color of the trees were outstanding and the people were super nice. After a few days rest, we are planning another quick trip.

Before we left, I had installed a set of airbags on my truck. That did the trick of taking any and all swing out of the drive. As for as the camper itself, everything work like a charm. Only problem we had was a tree rat dropping big and I mean BIG acorns on the roof every evening. Man, did I wanted to put that sucker in the pot! No matter what I did, it wouldn't go away.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #89

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad you had a good trip and the all the work you did on the restoration of your camper paid off.
I just returned from the sunny South (Hunting Island near Beaufort SC) where it was cold in the morning but perfect starting about 10:30AM. I got my son back for a couple days. Nothing like summer camp at Parris Island to mature a boy into a young man.
Also, returning home, I was the only RV traveling North :>)
Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #90

Tom, I was one of those 17 year old Marines. And you are right,12 weeks does change a boy into a man. I went in weighting 145 lbs. 12 weeks later, I was 175lbs ready to take on the world.

Anyway, we were planing another trip, but I'm having a setback from the new meds. In fact, yesterday I had to hit up the nitro a few times. I will be heading to the doctors tomorrow again.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #91

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This post just might make 100 - It started with a leaky EPDM roof and forced retirement, then ended with a fully restored camper, air shocks for the Ford, a few set backs, and a couple camp trips to fight some fish and visit the Smokies.
I have 4.5 gal of 'Liquid Roof' I intended to put on my EPDM roof this fall, but life got in the way. I was able to fix my EPDM roof leaks with Eternabond Tape (good stuff). The good folks at Liquid Roof informed me that the shelf life (in original container) is 5 years, so maybe next year after a spring trip to Pensacola and a tour along the Pascagoula run.
Can you recommend any camping locations to stay at while along the gulf (State or National parks are our normal)? We do bring a small dog along. I have friends to visit in Biloxi, Texarkana (Arkansas side) and maybe Texas if I can get the time off work. My exposure to the area is limited - the only time I traveled the gulf was 4 days after Katrina and boondocking was the only choice I had (which was fine with me but the DW likes to be pampered). So any recommendations would be appreciated.