Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #1

Epic trip in review

It was an eventful trip out west. We left Michigan on May 18th promptly at 7am. It started out good but in Indiana our toad tried to get away! The steel bumper brackets tore off on one side. I attached a pic. Ron had to leave me after a local place welded the bumper back on temporarily and make it to Denver by 8:30am to have the custom bumper reattached properly for the wheeling we were going to do for a week in Moab. Unfortunately, the winch was fried but luckily we didn't need it this trip. Moab weather was the suck. We had to cancel to trails for the event (GoneMoab). Cold and raining. Most people said its never been like that in the 10+ years its been going on. We still had fun. We left Moab and headed to Ouray, Co. Had to finalize some wedding plans and meet the Father that will marriage us. Ouray was chilly too but the heater worked, THANK GOD! I actually thanked Him each night for a working coach and making it safely. Ouray was nice for a couple of days and then we left for Pagosa Springs, Co for a few days. Amazing views from the coach. That part I loved. We were on 550 for most of it which can be a little tense if you are thinking about falling off of the cliffs. Really nice drive if you focus on the views and are NOT driving! Attached are some pics. We also rode the motorcycles over Wolf Creek Pass. On the way back it rained on us then snowed then rained on us again. That was the suck also. We had to slow WAY down and turn our flashers on so the semi's didn't run us over. That was pretty tense. The hot springs were nice, Pagosa Springs was a really nice town. I recommend a visit. I think we figured out a toilet leak on the trip and we had a flood when we took in the slide out. It had rained heavily and water pooled on the top of it and flowed into the coach as we brought it in. Took all of our dog towels to dry up. That too, was the suck. I think everything else worked OK. Met some great people along the way. I think I spoke to just about everybody I came across now that I think of it!! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs1MzlzxQlePbWS+Ih41Qw.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	248171   Click image for larger version

Name:	2BBnL2p7Qt+plobNUIbKNg.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	549.4 KB
ID:	248172  

Name:	0Iy3BxQ9QfS1FJN5qk%1zQ.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	248173   Click image for larger version

Name:	xoF6YId9R1eWv183moNkwQ.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	464.6 KB
ID:	248174  

Name:	B5vhKm9iT7Gav+mz7VQoHg.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	248175  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #2

AND..... we got it weighed. 30,880 lbs! 880 lbs over weight. YAY US! lol We doubled checked the recommended tire pressure, fo sho!
Old 06-01-2019, 10:39 PM   #3

Glad you survived! Sorry for the rain in Moab. That shouldn't have been!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #4

550 Yikes!

550.....been there, scared to death! And that was in a car.....don't think I could do it in that huge RV....and if the driver even THOUGHT of looking around, well, lets just say it wouldn't go over well!

You are a brave woman!

2016 Sunseeker 2430S GTS
RocksRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #5

Glad you were able to get your toad fixed and enjoyed your trip!

We are currently on our way to Alaska and at Yellowstone for this week. Going into the the Park for the first time today.

Went thru the Wind River Canyon yesterday! Magnificent! Nothing I could write would do it justice!

By the way, I'm pretty sure the Pronghorn Antelope and Mule deer outnumber the humans in Wyoming! LOL!- Paul