Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Enjoy your retirement. Congrats!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #44

At my exit interview I just had to turn in my employee badge, Train/Bus pass, and any other company equipment I had in my possession. Said goodbye and walked out the door.
tmoore2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
I volunteered to retire after 36 yrs, this past march and went out traded in TTS and got a type C mh and we have camped a few times in October, looking forward to a long trip in march---enjoy
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Regarding the nature of the exit interview, it is a company policy that it is done with anyone leaving the company.

One of the purposes is to collect company property. In my case it included keys, company ID, laptop computer, credit card and cell phone.

Since I have known the HR person since he was new to the company, he let me fill out the questionnaire myself rather than asking the questions of me. The questionnaire included questions about my supervision, company policies, training, etc. Some examples were:

Do you consider your supervisor to be fair?
Did you receive adequate training to be able to do your job?
Rate how well the company communicated it's goals and objectives?

I suppose that if I didn't want to do the questions, they wouldn't make a big deal about it but rest assured that if I didn't turn in the company property, they could withhold my last paycheck (I actually will have two) and any other money they might owe me.
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Congratulations!
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #48

Good for you. 6 more years and I will be there. Congrats.
4x4eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #49

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
The theory, or one of them, behind an exit interview is it gives the employer a chance to get a no holds bared critique from the person leaving. It also gives the retiree the chance to get stuff off his chest with absolutely no fear of repercussions. I have seen them be very constructive on both sides as well as a full blown bitch session with a Kiss My ... At the end. In my experience most places allow for it, some even mandate it, but then again if you failed to show what could they do. On your big day you should do what makes you feel the best as you walk off into the sunset, and that is the high road for me.
Boy, would like to be able to let it all out... 30 years worth...
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Boy, would like to be able to let it all out... 30 years worth...
Ain't worth it. Just smile, turn around & leave. If no one heard you before, they won't listen in an exit interview.

Martha
Old 02-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #51

Carolina Campers
Cool beans man! May your next chapter be a great one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2782491056.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	57156  
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Since this thread is about the exit interview here is how mine went.

After finding out that I had qualified for the buy out/early retirement offer I got a call from my boss that was about 2 1/2 hours away. He said good luck, leave your ID & keys with Joe (a co-worker really named Joe) who would be also taking the buy out in a month. I packed up my personal stuff and let them pay me to take it home in my company car. At the end of the day Joe walked out to the door with me, I said goodby to him and the security guard and walked out. No fanfare, no gold watch, no party. I felt like 30 years went by and almost no one noticed.

I can remember years before when some one retired there was a breakfast for them. Usually a rip snorter of a party one night soon after and a lot of pats on the back. The yearly union clam bakes are gone as are many of the get togethers we had.

This is how corporate America seems to operate these days. It used to be about family first, safety second then the company. Now it is profit and shut up if you don't like it. Makes me very happy we are out of the rat race.

End of rant. I feel better now Enjoy your retirement.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow. What a great feeling! Mine happened slowly so I never got it all at once!

I pray you and yours have good health.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #54

New Horizons Owners Club
Congratulations on manifesting your dream! We hope you enjoy every moment of your adventure :-)
May good health and safe travels lead your way.
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #55

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Ain't worth it. Just smile, turn around & leave. If no one heard you before, they won't listen in an exit interview.
Ya, your right..I'm just slow..took 25 years to figure out when they ask for suggestions to improve the "process", they really want you to be a little sheep and go about your way.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #56

I never really retired from any company. I worked in sales most of my working life and believe it or not was terminated 4 times for making to much money. I was usually paid a 20% salary and 80% commission. I think when they saw the amount of money I made they figured I really didn't work for it and they could do it cheaper over the phone. I knew other sales people that had the same thing happen to them so I wasn't alone. I told one VP of sales that he had better hold on to the job he had because he wasn't qualified for any other. He had tried to screw me out of commissions three times which really ticked off the controller when I told him. The same person told me that sales was easy and I didn't really have to think about anything between sales calls. The only time I burned a bridge behind me.

Only had one boss that told me he didn't care how much I made because the more I made the more he made but he sold the company to his partner and that was the end of that.

No regrets though. I was usually able to regroup quickly and move on. I loved sales and retired comfortable, not rich but doing all right.

Anyway retirement is what you look forward all your working years so enjoy it and live it up while you can.
KT4Wextra is offline   Reply With Quote