Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #1

expensive !

the canadian goverment is serious about gun contol

Two pistol-packing American seniors fined $20,000 after border gun bust
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #2

I learned early in life that lying will get you in more trouble than just telling the truth from the get go. I hope they learned the lesson.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowreef View Post
I learned early in life that lying will get you in more trouble than just telling the truth from the get go. I hope they learned the lesson.
Oh my. I hope they are not iRV2 members. If they were, they'd have known better.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Oh my. I hope they are not iRV2 members. If they were, they'd have known better.
Members or not , they knew better, when the customs officer asked if they had guns onboard and they said no they knew they were hiding something and trying to circumvent the law. Now they pay and with this on their records they will never get into Canada.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
The book "The Ugly American" should be used as a textbook in all high schools in America. Considering these guys ages they either have not read the book or did not learn anything from it. My wife and I travel to other countries quite often. On most trips I am ashamed of the way my fellow Americans comport themselves. When you are in another country you are the FORIEGNER, you are the GUEST. You must abide the laws and customs of the country you are VISITING. Kinda like when a winter visitor to Texas tries to tell us how they do it back home, WE DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT BACK HOME. I have no sympathy for the men in the story, they knew better.
Ok, I'm off the soap box, next.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There was another thread about "Do we need guns"... I guess I'll answer it here.

I have water guns (used to wash the RV) yes, we need those

Air Guns (Not the kind that shoot pellets with air but the kind that shoot AIR, used for assorted cleaning and drying

Paint guns (Not the kind that shoot pellets of paint, but the kind that shoot a mist or spray) that are used for painting the Motor Home and such.

And of course Grease guns.. The Lubrication kind.. Handy for forcing grease into a ZERK fitting.

So, yes, we need guns.

Now Firearms... That's a whole nutter issue.. Those.. Well, as it turns out I'm a fairly good shot with a .3006 (If I can see it, I can hit it) but hey..... I choose not to lug those things around.. if I need to "Shoot" someone ... I like a somewhat different Bullet (And in fact I'm going to have to shoot a few in the near future) It's the "Lawyer" gun.. I will be shooting, or rather siccing, a lawyer on 'em.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outside, Barr was asked why they were carrying so many guns, and he said he'd heard that northern Canada was wild and dangerous - "a bit like it was in the old covered wagon days."

I am always amazed at how much Mis information about Canada is believed as truth.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry folks, but this thread is closed. There are certain gun discussion that we allow but this is not one of them. Please review our Community Rules for what constitutes a valid gun discussion.
Closed Thread