Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #43

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Exclamation Too big equals too tight

If you really must have a large rig with 4 slides you are limiting yourself as to types of campgrounds you will be confortable in. If you can accept that then get the biggest rig you want. We stayed with a 30' fifthwheel and it is well suited for all types of camping. We do both -- 3 month stays at an RV Resort and sightseeing trips staying in ordinary CGs. We have stayed in Wal Mart about 3 or 4 times. If you are travelling and just want to pull in, sleep, and get on the road early the next day Wal Mart parking lots are fine. But they are noisey and lack electricity and water. In winter I want my electric blanket. Our generator is small and requires refueling in the middle of the night. Dear Husband would much rather pay for a campsite than get dressed and refuel the generator.

We like having our own level of sanitation on board as we travel. We love the people we meet along the way! Most campers are friendly and helpful. No one even speaks to you in a hotel lobby.

In the RV world there is a lifestyle and type of rig for each personality.
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So I don't care for crowds at all, like the quiet and am pretty much a private person. My DW likes talking and mingling. So a mix here. That being said, we like the usual stuff of having your MH, own bed etc. We like getting away, seeing other things and the nice thing is if I am tired of the "crowd", I can go inside. Its actually pretty quite in there, comfortable and home.
We use it for dog shows so some times end up boondocking at the venue. There's a mix, usually close and even those loud generators. But still going inside does it for me when I have had enough. That being said, it is still fun to meet people, people watch and visit.
As far as parks, we don't like to be on top of each other. Sometimes it just pot luck. We've stayed in some that were kinda close but good views over the lake. To give you an example of how things can turn out. We stopped at a park late one evening, couldn't see much but DW had called ahead. Next morning, found it was not so good a place and a guy on a mower threw stuff into the MH. We left in a hurry heading to a KOA not far away after several phone calls around the area. The owners warned us there would be 500 people there for a potjie festival but he could put us in the over flow area. We decided to try it one night. We ended up staying four nights there, met a lot of interesting people, ate a lot of good food and whenever I got tired of the food and music, back to the MH. It was really a good experience.
So I guess the short of it is, you will have both good and bad but in the end it is what you make it. Hope that helps.
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote