Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #743

When I retired from flying helicopters, my wife and I became certified BBQ judges. Tough job but somebody has to do it.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #744

Just a name

When I first signed in the STEAM's gaming system I let the program pick my name.. zacrux ..

Since it is unique and I never have to pick alternate names for any other forums or memberships... it just kind of stuck ..

Former Reactor Operator on SSBN 641 .. has anyone else noticed how similar a RV is to a submarine ?
ZACRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #745

Mine is a double-acronym. I can travel and go and go, and not be ready to go back home. So: Ro=Rover, wa=wanderer, no=nomad, va=vagabond.
Also fits in with in-place and in-progress full timer plans.
Rowanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #746

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Being Italian and being pushed around by a WinneBAGO simply stated Dagobago
Old 11-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #747

Winnebago Owners Club
Once I retired from DOD with the Air Force, I began installing/repairing residential doors for something to do with my contractors license. When I would come up to a house, I always parked in front of a customers house with my signed truck and when I knocked on the door, I would always here inside "The "doorguy" is here!"
Old 11-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #748

When I was convincing my DH that a motorhome would be perfect for us, rather then buying a condo, I told him our coach would be our summer house at the lake, at the beach, our summer house in the mountains or wherever we wanted to be. I use summerhouse on all the forums I belong to. It's my favorite place to be!
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #749

Vintage RV Owners Club
I used to raise exotic birds, I used to take in stray animals, mostly dumped dogs, my sister said I should call my place stray haven because I had 7 dogs, only one mine. Name stuck. When I started raising birds, I named it Stray Haven Aviary=SHA. Liberty was the name of the first Timneh African Grey I hatched and kept. Hence:
shaliberty. Now you know the rest of the story.
Shaliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #750

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
WHAT A FUNNY THREAD! Good job!

Back in the day, I used to play a WHOLE LOT of Quake, the original first person shooter after DOOM, and I was really good at it, as hot as the sun, so somewhere along the way I picked up the nickname "plasma", some times "amsalp" in reverse.

THEN hotmail hit the scene, and I tried to get plasma@hotmail.com but it was already taken, so I added 800 to the end, and it stuck.... over 20 years I have been plasma800 on all forums ever since...
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #751

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hmmmmm

Self explanatory. At 6'6" I have also had nicknames of "stretch","To Tall" and "Damb your tall" h

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #752

Born in 1948 and at the time I started using the name we were into boating. Many have asked if I have an old "48" wooden Chris Craft.
1948boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #753

Newmar Owners Club
Ours isn't very hard. Hubby is in the U.S. Coast Guard. 26 years - only 4 more to go. So "Coastie" it is.
coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #754

Well wydeglyde comes from the first Harley I bought, a 97 Dyna Wideglide. Loved that bike, but I am riding a 12 Roadglide now.

My avatar is another story. We bought a 97 Discovery a couple of years ago that got immediately labelled the big rolling turd by my nephew. Not to be beat by Bob in the movie RV, I actually took the discovery to two business meetings in one day! I was taking it to get a new water heater installed and dropping it off that afternoon, so what do you do?
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #755

My initials followed by Mustang, as I own 2 Ford Mustangs (1964 1/2 Convertible, and 1990 Special Edition).
Old 12-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #756

Ford Super Duty Owner
Good for him, tnx veteran!

Tags
forum, scr