Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #1275

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeMaggotBob View Post
You are all wrong! It's Lynyrd Skynyrd, and any outlaw country/southern rock fan should know that! Shame on you!

Kidding...just kidding!!
Yeah Bob, I'm embarrassed. I thought the spelling looked wrong, but just plain didn't check it. I really SHOULD have known that spelling!! Apologies to all Skynyrd fans.

I hope at least I have the history correct. Thanks for catching it.

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
Use "Search this thread" above and do an advanced search for your user name.
I know, it was a joke of sorts. And it was more fun reading through the answers prior to mine especially Mr. D who refuses to explain.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
I know, it was a joke of sorts. And it was more fun reading through the answers prior to mine especially Mr. D who refuses to explain.
Threads like this can be fun.

FWIW, on one of my motorcycle forums I used "Special Ed" as a joke. Whenever someone asks why I ask him to repeat the question.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #1278

Heapie. Family nickname.
Heapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #1279

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
Threads like this can be fun.

FWIW, on one of my motorcycle forums I used "Special Ed" as a joke. Whenever someone asks why I ask him to repeat the question.
When I had my restoration shop near Mountain View, my painter was named Ed. We always called him Special Ed. I'm still not entirely sure he knew exactly what we meant by that.
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #1280

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
When I had my restoration shop near Mountain View, my painter was named Ed. We always called him Special Ed. I'm still not entirely sure he knew exactly what we meant by that.
Let me guess, you restored the Short Buses?
Old 01-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #1281

I have had Rottweilers and Scottish Terriers for over 30 years!
RottsNScotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:29 AM   #1282

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Let me guess, you restored the Short Buses?
Nah, you're thinking of that guy on TV in Vegas with all the horns.

I don't have any pics on this 'puter, but in the 5 years I owned the shop, everything from a '29 International 2 ton flatbed to a '79 F-250 Camper Special. Lots of Mustangs and a couple of '57 Chevys. Heck, even a '57 BMW Isetta!
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #1283

Newmar Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
OK Red

OK Red has nothing to with the color of our dirt. Or the color of the river that divides Oklahoma and Texas, Red River. I am an Okie that was born with very red hair. Not a little red I am taking about glow in the dark red hair. So like many other gingers with red hair my nick name growing up was and still is Red.

OK Red
Ok Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:55 PM   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ok Red View Post
OK Red has nothing to with the color of our dirt. Or the color of the river that divides Oklahoma and Texas, Red River. I am an Okie that was born with very red hair. Not a little red I am taking about glow in the dark red hair. So like many other gingers with red hair my nick name growing up was and still is Red.

OK Red
Okie born and bred redhead here as well.....despise me called "red" however. Glad you don't mind!
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:26 AM   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
So, he really was special.

I taught motorcycle safety for several years, and one of the other instructors was named Ed as well. He was retired military and conducted our classes like a boot camp, so we started calling him "General Ed." He retaliated by calling me "Special Ed." Contrary to his intentions, I enjoyed it so much I started using it when we worked together and instructed the students to address us that way.

He was sort of flummoxed at that.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:42 PM   #1286

Auggie was a rescue mix dog that just fell into or lap when we picked up our labrador's ashes from the vet. The numbers were from the three different 56' Chevy's we had owned over the years.
Auggie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #1287

It’s my Minecraft username and I have used it for everything ever since In Minecraft the world is flat and if you dig deep enough you will get to bedrock which (without admin superpowers) you cannot break through. Underneath the bedrock is “the void” and if you manage to get down there, you can fall into the void and die... I had admin superpowers one one server back when the game first came out and I would build massive underground homes and worldedit the bedrock to glass so you could see the void (even though the world was flat the sun and moon still rotated around it so you could see an interesting sunset through the floor!) Therefore Hog of the Void... VoidHog
VoidHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:02 AM   #1288

Whirrlly, hubby says I am a whirlwind so I just found a cute sub name from that and use it. Good thing he calls me something nice huh? HA
Whirrlly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, scr