Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well, after a few days of attempting to contact Go RV...I concur...the phone rings and no answer. Send an Email...no reply.

Again, I think I am "fortunate" that I have received claim money worth about the amount I have paid them. I was even entitled to a refund when I cancelled my service 45 days ago and have all the paper work to prove they received the cancellation. They have also discontinued debiting my CC for the installments I still owed. It could have been worse.

Without trying to drift this topic over the edge, FOR ME, I believe I will not do a service contract again. I've built up a good nest egg for most repairs, I'm not so afraid of the big box, I'm more familiar with its workings and feel comfortable just putting aside a maintenance account.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #16

I purchased a contract from GoRv in feb 2012. In sept i made a claim for generator repair only to be told that the contract was pending because of a incorrect inservice date and they needed to rewrite it. I signed a new contract which they promised to overnight to the underwriter on oct 10th. After repeated phone calls to underwriter, National Admin Sve, I was unable to reach GORV, I was finally told that the problem was that GORV never paid the underwriter for the contract. This was 2 months after the claim was made! Wa insurace commissionar wont help, texas insurance commisioner wont help, attorney general wont help, bank wont help ( but says GORV also took an additional $300 in a separate transaction.... and i have to pay $3600 for a new generator.... any suggestions on how to proceed on this? I would at least like paperwork so I could write off some on my taxes.... Also, what insurance company have you folks had good experiences with? trying to decide what to do and feeling like a TOTAL CHUMP
Nadafollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Yu can file a claim in small claims court. Won't go anywhere if the y are in bankruptcy, but it helps documents your loss. However, it probably works as well to just send a registered letter to the bankruptcy trustees with the evidence that they did not deliver the promised warranty contract and a claim for reimbursement. You won't get it (you are an unsecured creditor), but it should get you a formal acknowledgement that you are a creditor. That's enough to document a loss for tax purposes.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #18

Thanks. Good idea
Deb
Nadafollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I'm no tax attorney, but my recollection of the tax loss provisions of the IRS:
1) Don't see how the (apologize for the terminology in advance) "poor choice" of service company contract will qualify as a loss with GoRV.
2) The dollar loss as a % of income before any deduction kicks in is a pretty stiff %of income.

This is just IMHO, so before you et your hopes up about some measure of recovery, probably need to pull up loss definitions from IRS.org.

And, sorry to all those out there for loss with GoRV. Insurance, whether by choice through a service contract for peace of mind, or mandatory for loss because of lien holder, is a gamble that favors the insurer. If the insurer didn't have the odds, you wouldn't see those tall buildings.

With all due respect to the Moderator, folks need to know the downside of service contracts, as well as the pluses. GoRV is an example of the downside that ranges from non-responsivenes to virtual "ponzi" schemes that end up with companies like GoRV going bankrupt. And built into that $ equation is a 50% commission for the service contract seller (read the November issue of the RV Trade association newsletter for Florida and "how to generate additional revenue" for RV dealerships that can be found on the Florida SuperRV Show website).

Got to go into these things with eyes wide open, because GoRVs are out there and interested in your $s. AIS
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

It's a loss if you paid for something but you never received it. In this case, SamsonRV paid for a service contract but didn't get the contract or a get refund of the premium before the company went bankrupt. Essentially, it's a bad (uncollectable) debt. But it's true that the rules for deductability of such losses really cut into their usefullness to the average person. Been there, done that.

People who received the service policy they bought through GoRV don't have a loss at all - they got their policy and it is still in effect with the insurer that backed it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service